• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Casting Inspiring Meditation is STILL resetting the KP timer; who else?

Killiak

Artisan
I have already contacted support about this, well over a month ago and was told that it would be passed on and checked, because Support couldn't reproduce it.
Unfortunately, I am still reproducing it every 48 hours.

@Dizzy Lizzie I intend this thread for gathering more proof, before making it into a new bug report/ support case. (again)

So please dear forum people, if you are afflicted by this, please post your screenshots of BEFORE and AFTER the casting of the spell.

Before
After

Thanks!

Last edited:

Thagdal

Sorcerer
doesnt happen for me, also using firefox. are you on HTML5 or Flash? have you tried both? im using Flash. will try with HTML5 when it runs out tomorrow.

kpbar01.PNG
kpbar02.PNG

okay just switched to HTML5 and the timer has definately changed somehow.

kpbar03.PNG

so looks like there is an issue somewhere..o_O

C-Nymph

Necromancer
Posted this bug in a support ticket in October, the response was "We will pass this along for investigation, please be patient in the meantime". Hasn't been solved since, apparently.

LazyTony

Sorcerer
I forget which version it was, but a recent (ish) update had an item in changelogs that said the KP timer was now synchronised after using an IM spell. This is the "fix", losing a portion of a KP every time you use an IM spell. For those who can't reproduce, just note your KP timer after casting an IM spell, then refresh. Bingo.

DeletedUser3097

Thank you for raising this issue- if it still ongoing it needs re-investigating.

Please can you tell us whether this is happening on the app or the browser or both?
Does it happen on Flash or HTML5?

Also please consider:

BUG REPORTING

Sometimes it happens that you run into a bug in Elvenar. This is unfortunate, but luckily the Elvenar Team can usually help you find a way to resolve it, or offer a way to circumvent the issue you're experiencing. In this forum section, you can report any such issue to request help. Know that you can also reach out to the Support Team, who're always happy to assist too.

When you do report your bug here, please include the following information:
  1. What exactly is the problem? Including a screenshot can help a great deal.
  2. Can you make the same problem occur more often? If so, how exactly? This information helps to find the cause of the bug.
  3. On what world did you encounter this problem?
  4. When did you first experience the problem?
As soon as your thread is created, it will be tagged as 'Open', meaning your problem will be worked on. Once it has been looked into by the Elvenar Team, they will try to offer a solution (if they can, of course), or else let you know what happened. Afterwards, the threads will be moved to the archive, and will receive a tag that says 'Closed'. Once archived, a thread cannot be replied to anymore. It can be that the team suggests to contact the Support Team - they will also let you know if that is the case. Then the Support Team can take over the problem and look into it in more detail.

Although it might seem like a good place to post this discussion, the place to do so is the 'Found a Bug' section. If the thread creator would like this moved, please contact me.

Killiak

Artisan
Well, I'd rather it stay here, because not a lot of people have posted their experience so far.
Not a lot of people check that Bug section, and after a while posts just go into the "confirmed" section, never to be seen again.

DeletedUser3097

Well, I'd rather it stay here, because not a lot of people have posted their experience so far.
Not a lot of people check that Bug section, and after a while posts just go into the "confirmed" section, never to be seen again.
That's fine- just so you realise that talking about an issue doesn't actually solve it- posting it in the 'Found a Bug' means the process is started whereby it is confirmed then forwarded for fixing.

Killiak

Artisan
That's fine- just so you realise that talking about an issue doesn't actually solve it- posting it in the 'Found a Bug' means the process is started whereby it is confirmed then forwarded for fixing.

Certainly!
As soon as I get a bit more screenshots/proof/people, I will forward it all towards that end.

DeletedUser3097

Certainly!
As soon as I get a bit more screenshots/proof/people, I will forward it all towards that end.
That's great :)

The history of this issue has been checked and it wasn't possible to reproduce it:

So we need:

1. app or browser?
2. HMTL5 or Flash?
3. Can you make the same problem occur more often? If so, how exactly? This information helps to find the cause of the bug.
4. On what world did you encounter this problem?
5. When did you first experience the problem?

STOP PRESS
I managed to reproduce it.

Last edited by a moderator: