• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

My event over

Oscar Park

Adventurer
Can I be the only one stuck? I can't gain 10 encounters as I need Orcs which I am nowhere near getting. Great event, not :-(

Deleted User - 341074

Please contact Support about this quest.
What does support do about this? I've seen you suggest that players who are stuck on that quest contact support, but to what end?
Is it to
a) bring attention to the issue so that inno will change it going forwards
b) for support to "auto-complete" the quest effectively letting the player skip it
c) ??

I'm curious because AFAIK on the US servers players have contacted support and the response was "advance your techs and get a breeding ground"
Surely you aren't recommending that players go through the support system just to be told they are indeed stuck and there's nothing to be done other than to go unlock more techs.

m4rt1n

Adept
I suggest that they just pass the quest for the player who is stuck, so lose the necessary goodies.
An alternative if Inno do not want to address this problem directly in my opinion is to give to all levels of players universally in the first few quests 100 free Orcs also, and in the latter maybe another 200 free Orcs. This would not affect at all normal players but would allow all those overscouted the means to complete events.

Deleted User - 341074

@m4rt1n
Well, there is something to be said for balance in the events. Consider that a player who has scouted and cleared over 100 extra provinces has about 11 more expansions than the average player at their level. This gives a very significant advantage in events, and I'm not convinced that there shouldn't be some sort of penalty for being so unbalanced.
I mean the developers try to balance the quests for players in each chapter, but should they also try to balance them based on how many expansions you have? If not, then either events will be stupid easy for overscouters, or really hard for normal players.
Another angle is that a player with 11 more expansions than average should a) be able to get to orcs pretty damn quick, and b) doesn't really need event stuff as much as a player with 11 fewer expansions does.

just some other ways to see it.

DeletedUser4149

yep, it's the players' faults and partially due to poor leadership in their fellowships for not providing good advice to their players. people in my fellowships have been warned of this potentially happening on several occasions. also players should have been advised to not clear too many encounters. then they could have seen that their provinces were starting to demand a resource that they didn't have and had the foresight to save encounters for events like this.

Vroot TwoFoot

Adventurer
This is just the old orcs = encounters problem again isn't it? There should be some warning somewhere, it's not just events like this where that's frustrating people.

Deleted User - 341074

There should be some warning somewhere
warning.png

I mean it does say straight out "We shouldn't go there yet."

Vroot TwoFoot

Adventurer
It's saying that on mine now, and I'm a way past orcs. I think a more specific "you haven't got what it takes" rather than the bit vague and general message we've got now would be better

Lelanya

Mentor
I support Soggy on this. Consider what it costs to cater deep into the red. A lot, right? And we've all fellowship'd with those players, too. Need trades, need em now and AGAIN tomorrow, and the day after. Why? No relics for spells cause they've used them all up, so keep on going and going. No resources cause constantly scouting and solving far beyond where they should.
It's not a leadership issue either. A wrong headed player will continue headlong down this path until they implode, sell a bunch of stuff and start alll over again. Meh
I don't think we should give them orcs either it teaches them that someone will come along and rescue them.
I've a chapter 2 city running this event. Will I finish? Nope. Still collecting some great culture, rune shards and instants tho

DeletedUser7805

There is likely a few things I don't get, I'm halfway through Chapter 4 and have 78 Provinces completed, I need 75 to start chapter 5.
The thing is I've had that message "Very Hard" for the last 30 or so Provinces I've scouted even though I've needed to scout and complete those Provinces to start a new Chapter.

Also would Orcs Strategists do?, currently a Grounds of the Orcs Strategists is available to me for crafting, it has appeared a few times.

Last edited by a moderator:

Dr.nYo

Adventurer
Doesnt seem fair to give them orcs or instant complete quests. Its their fault for not planning things ahead. Like it has been ours back when we went overscouting. It has been a long time since orcs came and theres so much info about game now, makes things alot easier. 10 mins is enough to learn bunch of stuff from other ppls mistakes.
@Prince Mick dont worry about that "very hard" yet, your still in "green zone" ;) once u get enough provinces for 2-3 chapters ahead, you will experience true meaning of that "very hard", and thats overscouting....
@SoggyShorts
@m4rt1n
Well, there is something to be said for balance in the events. Consider that a player who has scouted and cleared over 100 extra provinces has about 11 more expansions than the average player at their level. This gives a very significant advantage in events, and I'm not convinced that there shouldn't be some sort of penalty for being so unbalanced.
I mean the developers try to balance the quests for players in each chapter, but should they also try to balance them based on how many expansions you have? If not, then either events will be stupid easy for overscouters, or really hard for normal players.
Another angle is that a player with 11 more expansions than average should a) be able to get to orcs pretty damn quick, and b) doesn't really need event stuff as much as a player with 11 fewer expansions does.

just some other ways to see it.

Cant really agree with this. Doing overscouting gives u penalty and it keeps going, same as it gives some advantage. If inno would try to balance things couse of overscouting, omg dont even wanna think about the mess they would make:p. Every1 has a choice for expansions: diamonds, overscouting, nothing of those 2, or mix of everything. I did overscouting, payed the price for it, and still paying with each completed scouting and those quests in most events Not to mention events arent all that easy couse i got those "bonus" provinces.

Deleted User - 341074

Doing overscouting gives u penalty and it keeps going, same as it gives some advantage.
Not to mention events arent all that easy couse i got those "bonus" provinces.
Come on now... you can't tell me with a straight face that having 10-12 extra expansions doesn't help with basically everything.:p

I mean if you use all that space for extra factories and use none of it for events, you can't blame overscouting for that.;)

Dr.nYo

Adventurer
Well yeah couse i filled up that space:p
sry i just had too ;) that last sentence in post up there was sarcasm. point is got those exp, build bunch of buildings and stuff, and got that advantage from it. cant really use advantage again for event without penalty right :D

Last edited:

LazyTony

Sorcerer
I "overscouted" in my time. I use inverted commas because I don't like the term. By doing what others call overscouting, I had many city expansions for many more chapters than other players. The real problem comes if you concentrate on world map rather than tech tree. My 1st priority was always the tech tree (and often that meant tourney KP as well), and I spent the leftovers on the world map. I was always waaaay ahead of the required provinces to open open the next chapter, and I was temporarily orc blocked (a few weeks and 1 event forestalled). In short, sticking to the required provinces for the next chapter is handicapping yourself unnecessarily, although it is possible to concentrate on the world map so exclusively that you hamper overall progress. Just stick to tech tree as your 1st priority and do all the world map provinces you can after that. Simples.

DeletedUser4149

There is likely a few things I don't get, I'm halfway through Chapter 4 and have 78 Provinces completed, I need 75 to start chapter 5.
The thing is I've had that message "Very Hard" for the last 30 or so Provinces I've scouted even though I've needed to scout and complete those Provinces to start a new Chapter.

Also would Orcs Strategists do?, currently a Grounds of the Orcs Strategists is available to me for crafting, it has appeared a few times.
no, in the orcs chapter, we need different orcs that are not combat units and traded like slaves in negotiations and used for some upgrades. it's kind of sad, really. i know a lot of people that are mean and smelly and we don't trade them like slaves.

DeletedUser4149

i also think that many of those very hard provinces will get much easier after you research some of the troops promotions, like the 3 in the dwarves chapter.

DeletedUser5976

Yep, having armouries produce Orc clubs or some other weapon like that to trade would have been better.

Deleted User - 341074

If you have experienced a lot of "Very Hard" provinces and are only at 78/58, I suspect that you scouted many of those before getting the Advanced scouts tech at the start of chapter 4, which "locked in" the number of troops that you will face in those provinces. Had you waited until you completed the Advanced Scouts tech before scouting, then those enemies would have been reduced by 25%

For the World Map:
  • Whether a province is labeled "Hard" or "Easy" is just a comparison between your squad size and the enemy squad size.
  • The enemies squad size is based on the cost to scout the province when you scout it.
  • Nothing you do after starting that scout will change the number of enemies that you face there.
  • When you research a squad size upgrade you will increase your squad size only, and this can change the ratio from Hard to Medium for example.
  • When you research an Advanced Scouts technology you will decrease the scouting cost for future provinces but this will not help you in any province that you have already scouted.
Note: The same does not hold true for the tournament. The general wisdom is that players should stop taking optional squad size techs (the ones that are in a dead end on the tech tree) somewhere around chapter 4-6. To see why, you can look here https://en.forum.elvenar.com/index.php?threads/optional-squad-size-upgrades.8580/

IamMiky

Seeker
Doesnt seem fair to give them orcs or instant complete quests. Its their fault for not planning things ahead. Like it has been ours back when we went overscouting. It has been a long time since orcs came and theres so much info about game now, makes things alot easier. 10 mins is enough to learn bunch of stuff from other ppls mistakes.
@Prince Mick dont worry about that "very hard" yet, your still in "green zone" ;) once u get enough provinces for 2-3 chapters ahead, you will experience true meaning of that "very hard", and thats overscouting....
@SoggyShorts

Cant really agree with this. Doing overscouting gives u penalty and it keeps going, same as it gives some advantage. If inno would try to balance things couse of overscouting, omg dont even wanna think about the mess they would make:p. Every1 has a choice for expansions: diamonds, overscouting, nothing of those 2, or mix of everything. I did overscouting, payed the price for it, and still paying with each completed scouting and those quests in most events Not to mention events arent all that easy couse i got those "bonus" provinces.

I dont like the encounters quests,like complete one prov-then have to do 14 encounters so need two other provs ready at least,and mine currently are 56hrs each,in an ideal world I could keep 5/6 provs ready but need the squares for my city,space as usual is an issue,ah well-choices.-I did overscouting at first and it does get expensive,but now I need 10 provs for expansionx56+hrs I dont/cant get ahead of myself,so by end of chapter I only need contend with yellow provs.

Last edited: