• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Winter Magic!

Deleted User - 341074

@SoggyShorts I don't think I could handle the feeling of "cluttered" such a city would give me...
I'm not sure either... but if sets keep being 300-500% better than factories, then you could use a lot of open space or roads to keep it uncluttered.

Better cities through efficiency may very well be inno's plan(and I hope it is)
Chapter 14 will have 1 more tech expansion and offer 2 more premium for a 12x12 grid. Maybe that never gets bigger, but buildings just keep getting better.

DeletedUser

I'm not sure either... but if sets keep being 300-500% better than factories, then you could use a lot of open space or roads to keep it uncluttered.

Better cities through efficiency may very well be inno's plan(and I hope it is)
Chapter 14 will have 1 more tech expansion and offer 2 more premium for a 12x12 grid. Maybe that never gets bigger, but buildings just keep getting better.
Inno also keeps asking for more guest race buildings by setting the number required of all the components, asks for T4, then T5 and soon T6, they want us to have more space for everything needed and perhaps this is the way they're "helping" us by getting the goods without the current infrastructure and thus freeing up the space required?

DeletedUser5532

Please allow this old man to stumble a little. I plan on getting the Snow Owls Set tomorrow on double day, mainly as its the first real chance I have to complete a set. I see lots of you writing about how good these are, but I am failing to see that huge benefit. Could someone please put the benefit in simpler terms for me, Rather than saying, so many squares this, or that. I hope this makes sense. . Thank you in advance.

Deleted User - 341074

@Heartman
there are 2 sets this event
1. the snow owl "grand prize" set which gives 3 KP per day and some pop.(soggy says "meh")
2. the winter market set which I think is amazing:
The mana building gives more mana than 5 grape farms and is 3x6
The sled gives more T3 than your dust factories, and only needs 3x3
The fair is about as good as your scrolls and only needs 2x4
and all of those need no pop, culture, workshops, roads, nothin.

Getting one of each of those would IMO be far far better than the other set.

Sir Derf

Adept
Day 4, Double Delicacy Day, and the offering is a 4x3 Culture that is slightly less than what I can Craft with 3 2x2? I see 4x3 worth of Crafting Spell fragments, while spending for Double Delicacies!

m4rt1n

Adept
Oldskool Snowy Charming Tree for double day, nice of Inno to give a choice this time around although I would have preferred the 2x2 5day military boost not everyone playing is a fighter, and now we have crafting, so more choices than in he past can only be a good thing. :)

DeletedUser5306

@Heartman
there are 2 sets this event
1. the snow owl "grand prize" set which gives 3 KP per day and some pop.(soggy says "meh")
2. the winter market set which I think is amazing:
The mana building gives more mana than 5 grape farms and is 3x6
The sled gives more T3 than your dust factories, and only needs 3x3
The fair is about as good as your scrolls and only needs 2x4
and all of those need no pop, culture, workshops, roads, nothin.

Getting one of each of those would IMO be far far better than the other set.

Oh YES I am going for that one! I was already sold by your early post on beta Soggy :)

Sir Derf

Adept
Should finish another 2, maybe 3 questlines before the end of the day, so might get a little more before the Double Delicacy Day ends, but I deem my Elvenar Black Friday shopping a success!

Spent 1,552 Snowflakes opening 20 Gift Boxes and received

* 2 Snowy Charming Trees (which for me, I simply consider as 1,080 Spell Fragments each for future Crafting)
* 140 extra Snowflakes
* 468 Delicacies (3.32 Snowflakes/Delicacy, a decent return rate)
* Clocktower Owls
* 65 Assorted Instants, between Gift Box prizes and Goblin prizes

Sir Derf

Adept
9 more quest lines done under the Double Delicacy wire (paused on #73). Total haul for the day...

Spent 1,942 Snowflakes opening 25 Gift Boxes and received

* 2 Snowy Charming Trees (which for me, I simply consider as 1,080 Spell Fragments each for future Crafting)
* 140 extra Snowflakes
* 598 Delicacies (3.25 Snowflakes/Delicacy, a decent return rate)
* Clocktower Owls (Grand Prize 1)
* Stable of the Snow Owl (Grand Prize 2)
* 79 assorted Instants, between Gift Box prizes and Goblin prizes

Still hoping for good luck on the rest of the Winter Market set, but foresee no problem completing the Snow Owl Set.

DeletedUser7017

encounters in tournament not counting in winter event - this mean that relics in tournament will not either ???

DeletedUser5532

encounters in tournament not counting in winter event - this mean that relics in tournament will not either ???

An encounter can only be obtained from a normal province, It is when you meet that province for the first time. Tournaments take place in previously discovered provinces. It is easy to mistake the two. Relics are a separate issue, and these will count from province encounters, Tournament victories and neighbour reward chests (I`m not sure if crafting them counts also)

Lelanya

Mentor
Love the set debate this time! But here is a relevant question, for all of us who have lives and real world budgets this time of year. I did not have enough snowflakes to play for the first set building on the daily and have acquired it in none of my cities.
Is it going to be offered again? Would be nice to know BEFORE the next one comes up in half a week's time @Dizzy Lizzie. Otherwise why would any of us bother trying for it.

DeletedUser5532

Love the set debate this time! But here is a relevant question, for all of us who have lives and real world budgets this time of year. I did not have enough snowflakes to play for the first set building on the daily and have acquired it in none of my cities.
Is it going to be offered again? Would be nice to know BEFORE the next one comes up in half a week's time @Dizzy Lizzie. Otherwise why would any of us bother trying for it.
The first building of that set, the Market Stalls (Winter Market Set) is the 4th main prize, so you have a chance to get it that way .

DeletedUser7017

An encounter can only be obtained from a normal province, It is when you meet that province for the first time. Tournaments take place in previously discovered provinces. It is easy to mistake the two. Relics are a separate issue, and these will count from province encounters, Tournament victories and neighbour reward chests (I`m not sure if crafting them counts also)
I disagree - an encounter should not matter where it takes place - encounters in tournament are no different from encounters outside tournaments they still use up materials therefore they should count. If the relics do count from tournament then this proves that I am right since if one counts then the other should as well.
Anyway this is where I stop not wasting time scouting when tournament provide the encounters.

DeletedUser5532

I disagree - an encounter should not matter where it takes place - encounters in tournament are no different from encounters outside tournaments they still use up materials therefore they should count.

I understand that it can be easily thought of in that way, I merely gave you the official definition of what each of them are.
Encounters and Tournaments (within the game of Elvenar) are different things.

Sir Derf

Adept
While my performance was done with spending money or diamonds, I will admit, I have no life. :(

I did have foreknowledge from Platinum Leaf's listing of information accrued through play in Beta World, the benefit of 2 (now 3 from all the solved encounters) undeveloped Provinces to build and rebuild temp Workshops and Manufactories, a large stockpile of Goods collected over the preceding 2 weeks, and some strategic use of various instants for Gold, Tools and Time. As such, I was able to progress through the first 72 sequential quests, expressly to be able to plow it all into the first Double Delicacy day.

Additionally, an incomplete set can still offer good benefits.

Good luck.

Pauly7

Magus
Now with the 2 Woodstock sets, and the winter set a player can have the same output with less than half the factories, residences and workshops.
That's more variety and fewer rows.

If the trend continues, then each major event players could get small unique sets and never need more than 1 of each factory. Powerful set buildings could lead to cities that have zero repeat buildings:eek:
Hmmm... I like this idea, but I am unconvinced that you could get enough goodness out of the set buildings to replace your workshops, etc, but if it's something you've done the maths on, maybe it's something for me to think about.

I have so far seen the sets as requiring a massive footprint for not too much use, but I haven't had a serious look at them in this or the last event. Did they get way better? Either way... I would have difficulty cutting down enough of my favourite buildings to facilitate the building of a whole set.

Then again, I know your point is not about me directly. I have my own quirky set up that I'm happy with.