• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Answered Is time being added on to my productions?

Pauly7

Magus
Hi All,

Firstly apologies if this has been said before. I've away from the forum a while and haven't searched through properly for a similar topic.

To begin with I wasn't sure if this was really happening, but it is. What happens is I have a round of productions complete and I collect them, however none of the goods actually get transferred to my Main Hall and nothing has a "Zzz" appear above it. At this point nothing moves along until I refresh the game. After I do then suddenly all of my manufactories now have an amount of time left to run before I can collect. It's usually somewhere between 3 and 10 minutes.

To begin with I wondered if maybe it was just offering up the collect symbols too early in the first instance, but that's not the case. I've timed it now and when this occurs then the production cycle is 3 hours plus this extra time. I even, on one occasion missed out on an extra collect in a MM boost because this happened.

So I just wondered if that is happening to anyone else or whether there is any explanation.

Cheers,
Paul

Pauly7

Magus
Thanks for the replies. The problem in the link is something a little different. That looks like a graphical bug that occurred with the Zzzs.

Lelanya, I'm not exactly sure what you mean, but that sounds promising. My PC clock is accurate, but I'm not sure how to sync it with the Elvenar clock. I do know that tournaments, etc, start and end just about on the minute I expect them to so if there's a difference it's a tiny one. Also the length of extra time that gets added varies each time. Would that be normal?

DeletedUser3097

What happens is I have a round of productions complete and I collect them, however none of the goods actually get transferred to my Main Hall and nothing has a "Zzz" appear above it. At this point nothing moves along until I refresh the game. After I do then suddenly all of my manufactories now have an amount of time left to run before I can collect. It's usually somewhere between 3 and 10 minutes.
Hi @Pauly7,
You don't say whether you play on the app or a browser:

If you play on a browser, please clear your browser's cache to see if this solves this issue.
If you play on the app, please ensure you have the latest version installed: 1.68.2

If this still happens, please open a ticket with Support so it can be investigated further. Thank you in advance for this.

Please note Valania's tips which will help us to replicate this issue:

When you do report your bug here, please include the following information:
  1. What exactly is the problem? Including a screenshot can help a great deal.
  2. Can you make the same problem occur more often? If so, how exactly? This information helps to find the cause of the bug.
  3. On what world did you encounter this problem?
  4. When did you first experience the problem?

Haven't really been following but I think it is the same issue, or at least the bug is related?
This issue was app-only and was resolved last week.

Pauly7

Magus
This happens on the browser and I'm on Arendyll. I can't recreate the problem. It just happens when it fancies. Probably only once every couple of days.

I hadn't given a lot of those specific details because at that point I hadn't really seen it as bug reporting. More just a question to find out if there's a reason for it.

I will try clearing the cache when I'm home later, but I don't hold out a lot of hope for that helping. I clear the cache quite a lot anyway and I think it's become a bit of a "turn it off and on again" type solution. This has been happening for a couple of months off and on again and I've cache cleared a few times since.

Lelanya

Mentor
Pauly
Back in 16 I was told my clock was out of sync with Elvenar. Different mods then, tho, right? I had a mail at one time, about it, so I will look for you
In the meantime watch for this symptom: you pick up something for 'early collect', like houses, mana, seeds or immature event buildings, and it says you will get 1260, say, but in fact what goes in is slightly less, say 1254. This would be the sync error I mentioned earlier.
Screenshoot both values if this is the case and submit a bug report directly to support

Pauly7

Magus
Pauly
Back in 16 I was told my clock was out of sync with Elvenar. Different mods then, tho, right? I had a mail at one time, about it, so I will look for you
In the meantime watch for this symptom: you pick up something for 'early collect', like houses, mana, seeds or immature event buildings, and it says you will get 1260, say, but in fact what goes in is slightly less, say 1254. This would be the sync error I mentioned earlier.
Screenshoot both values if this is the case and submit a bug report directly to support
I will look out for this, but I haven't noticed any values being different... That being said I wouldn't usually look at the amount I was about to collect from a house before collecting it.

Quite specifically though, it's time being added. It seems to be whenever something isn't moving along quite as it should, i.e. when I collect something and it doesn't get delivered to MH. The collect icon has disappeared, but no Zzz has appeared. I can no longer click the manufactory, but when I hover my mouse over it acts like it's ready for me to collect. The only option then is to refresh and at which point I find all the timers running with a few minutes left on them.

Perhaps it's a Chrome thing, though I have found Chrome to be the ONLY browser that will run this game without crashing. I've always had occasional difficulties collecting. One other pretty common one is that you collect and it goes into the same limbo as described above, then you collect from a second manufactory and the gem icon (or whichever) reappears on the first one. I then collect it for a second time and it deposits the collection correctly. I've also always had an issue with houses where an occasional random house won't be collected from. The coin appears above it, but nothing happens when you click. Again, refreshing the game then livens that house up again. I wouldn't be at all surprised if those values change at that point, but I wouldn't have noticed.

Just now I had a few things that were ready to collect in two minutes time. At the same time I had two houses I couldn't collect from as above. I refreshed the game, collected the coins from the houses, but those first manufactories I mentioned - suddenly there are 4 and a half minutes still to go.

I know that running a game like this one is probably really really difficult - way more than someone like me could comprehend - and yet.... it does become increasingly tiresome to be always looking for browsers that work, clearing the cache every couple of days, refreshing the game, etc, etc.... Something wrong with my PC or internet connection maybe? I have no idea. I haven't had problems with anything else.

Last edited:

DeletedUser7733

I have the same problem when my internet connection drops out. I'm able to collect but can't reset the production. Also, when I leave the browser on and the PC goes to sleep mode and I wake it up, the timer goes really fast to adjust for the time difference and I'm better off to refresh the game to get accurate info.
Edit: The game crashes on me when I use the same browser window and open another tab to browse the internet. I usually open another window to do other things so the game doesn't freeze. I run the game on both Chrome and Opera in the same time.

Last edited by a moderator:

m4rt1n

Adept
Yeah I remembered those conditions and I think it has to do with internet connections

Yes I get that happen when my internet connection is running slowly, more on the app than pc, and a refresh on PC does it there. The app always auto refreshes (reloads) for me in the same situation, once it regains a good 4g signal or wifi connection.