• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Fellowship Adventures control ideas

Deleted User - 341074

fa quest01.png

This is what I want.

DeletedUser5976

And why they insist on running yet another FA without fixing the issues is beyond me. Just stop with FA until there is a new system. We can really survive a week of no event. Surviving an FA is harder when it really makes you want to quit.

FieryArien

Necromancer
This is what I want.

If I could I’d “like” it more than once! ;)

Btw. (off topic, don’t reply), if you are the same person as the one on us forum, I must thank you for all the useful info and insight I gained from your posts. My game experience is on a different level thanks to people like you. And of course I’m sharing the knowledge further.

DeletedUser6460

Thank you for voicing what speaks for so many of us. I plan to leave this site - as the forum allows us to vent - but what could be a happy change ignored. This scrolling issue is breaking me from the fun I enjoyed here. I am in fs in a couple of worlds - and not taking part is not really an option. A few people I know have left already - they did not post here as to why - they just told me - these Adventures are not adventures - and more than 1 have used bad language to describe how they feel.
Many of us older people play here - and as an older person I find in the real world becoming invisible - I really do not want to be in a game situation which emphasizes this, I kinda want to be made to feel - well more than a $. One fs prevented me from leaving because they - well told me they like me, another told me they value me as a reasonable archmage. This latter has me conflicted. I am going to suggest another game for my friends I have made - as this very lucrative site - clearly does not care

DeletedUser7733

@MargMa, it can be very frustrating to be pushed to do something that you don't like doing. Choosing the right FS for you is very important to keep the game enjoyable. There's a lot of FSs that do not do adventures at all or in a very relaxed way. I hope that you'll find a way and happy gaming :)

DeletedUser4985

Hi:
2. The Archmage or mage can either lock off paths, or at least put a warning on paths. This would simplify communication and reduce wastage.

3. The chat screen has one sticky message, set by a mage or archmage. This would greatly improve communication with the casual players, particularly around tournaments and adventures.
Seconding both of these.

We're not the biggest of Fellowships so stage 3 of many FAs can be a stretch. The current one, with a minimum of 60 Blacksmiths for stage 3 certainly is. We had a chance though. Not sure if we still do, since most of today was players dumping badges into other paths. I've used every means of communication available in the game, but so many very necessary badges have been lost to other paths.

Some sort of sticky message or special notice would be really helpful. I'd also dearly love a way to block paths for those who will not read messages or don't have sufficient English or just can't break the habit of checking chat and messages after they've chased their scooby snacks of placing badges.... Not for the first stage which can go too quick for some on a work day and a few strays are fine, but definitely for difficult stages like we're facing now.

I know Inno doesn't care and the whole exercise is supposed to 'improve communication' in the FS, but we need something more robust. I'm ready to throw it in because it is all just too frustrating.

Thagdal

Sorcerer
Maybe another way to combat people putting badges on the wrong path is to have completed badges go into a FS storage bin that only the archmage, mage or ambassador is allowed to place on the path as needed. the server will still know who has supplied badges in the fellowship so you still have to create a badge to be eligible for the end chest.

m4rt1n

Adept
Seconding both of these.

We're not the biggest of Fellowships so stage 3 of many FAs can be a stretch. The current one, with a minimum of 60 Blacksmiths for stage 3 certainly is. We had a chance though. Not sure if we still do, since most of today was players dumping badges into other paths. I've used every means of communication available in the game, but so many very necessary badges have been lost to other paths.

Some sort of sticky message or special notice would be really helpful. I'd also dearly love a way to block paths for those who will not read messages or don't have sufficient English or just can't break the habit of checking chat and messages after they've chased their scooby snacks of placing badges.... Not for the first stage which can go too quick for some on a work day and a few strays are fine, but definitely for difficult stages like we're facing now.

I know Inno doesn't care and the whole exercise is supposed to 'improve communication' in the FS, but we need something more robust. I'm ready to throw it in because it is all just too frustrating.

The same is happening in my fellowship, badge dumping once the timer counts in hours, I have left numerous random announcements in the lively chat and a message to save especially farmers and blacksmiths and still they get dumped.

Being able to temporarily close paths would help organisation a huge amount as they could be opened once you were sure the path could be complete.

Timneh

Artisan
I love the idea of locking off paths for the reasons already stated but i doubt it will happen as the devs are trying to encourage more communication in FS (i think) but i wonder if they have given any thought about the language problems that can affect messages. It is a very good point brought up by elianameirit where some players might not know good enough English to follow what is being said well enough so just put badges anywhere they will go. Devs please give this problem some consideration and try to find a solution. I suspect most FS will have the problem of badges being dumped anywhere at some time.

DeletedUser5093

Whatever happens, there MUST be a better way to communicate adventure strategy to the fellowship as a whole. Sometimes I feel like I'm shouting myself hoarse constantly saying "follow path X, don't add to path Y" only for that to just not happen. It's not a case of me (or others) being ignored. We simply aren't being heard. Mobile players can't see mail messages, and chat messages end up buried and missed by most players. What else is there?

The ability to highlight preferred paths, pin chat messages, or have messaging on mobile are all excellent suggestions, either one of which would resolve this issue. Or maybe a short message can be added to the adventure window, which only Mages and Arch-Mages can edit?

I frankly don't care which it is, just so long as there's something, and soon.

Path highlighting is probably my preference, as it's language-independent, which is especially important on the international servers where it's not uncommon to have players who don't speak the main language of the fellowship, so things can be more readily understood. Unlike path locking, it doesn't completely forbid off-path waypoints, meaning people can still make a minor contribution anywhere just to get the prize, or work on bonus waypoints for points. It's just a simple and intuitive way to show everyone which waypoints should be prioritised.

Lelanya

Mentor
Ok people. Here is the big problem with the 'locking off' path proposal. You lock a path and prevent others from adding.
FELLOWship Adventures and you want to prevent a fellow from participating. Yes for the good of everyone, I know.

But I want you to understand: everyone deserves a chance to participate. It may not be the way you anticipate. It may not be the way YOU would, in their place. But, they are helping your fellowship and sharing the rewards too. And that is important.

Always your planning process needs to include this element. FA is a chance to build a strong team and get everyone talking. It's also a chance to sow distrust and get everyone fighting. Locking a path, would contribute to distrust and frustration IMO.

Badge pool. Hmm it sounds nice, but who places them? How does the game keep track if the designated player fails to do that? I see an issue. A player fills the 'pool' in good faith, but through no fault of their own their badges do not get used. They have contributed but receive nothing.
I FS'd with a crew (way back) who believed that trades should go thru the mages. Their separate trades got snapped up every 2 hours. On the one hand, everyone gets a bit of a scarce resource. On the other, some players had a chance to earn favours from fellows in compatible time zones, while others did not. This created a system that was inequitable and restrictive. I think an FA pool would create a system like this, where only a few players get the 'thrill' of placing or the credit for a job well done.

Thagdal

Sorcerer
It shouldnt matter if the individual player badges are used or not, im sure it could be programmed by the devs that if a badge goes into the pool, thats automatically a badge considered placed on the map, they obviously know who creates badges already. and as i said the archmage, mage or ambassador can place a badge.

Susie49

Soothsayer
I love the “sticky note” idea!

My only other main criticisms are (1) on the phone app there are still waypoints on different paths which appear on top of one another, resulting in accidental putting of badges in the “wrong” path (2) I really would prefer that only mages and archmage can click on the stage completion flag but I think anyone can do it currently?

m4rt1n

Adept
That explains why I heard that some fs “demote” members while the fa is on!

Yes, we did last night as the 3rd map was near completion and a long time mage still accidentally did it on the app.

For the next adventure I think we will go down to just me and the Archmage to stop accidental early map finishing.

DeletedUser5093

That explains why I heard that some fs “demote” members while the fa is on!
Yep. We do that now. In several previous adventures we had members open chests too early (either by accident or just because they didn't know any better, which is usually due to the aforementioned communication issues) so as a precaution I now temporarily demote all ambassadors to fellows, and sometimes a few mages too. I then promote anyone taking a very active role in the adventure back to their former rank, as it's usually a safe bet they're sufficiently abreast of the latest strategy that they won't open chests early. Then once the adventure is over everyone gets their old rank back. This method has worked successfully for us for several adventures now, and everyone is quite fine with the short term loss of privileges that comes with the temporary demotion. If your strategy is anything other than "open the chest as soon as it's available" then I would recommend this method.