• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Version 1.67 + Crafting

Muf-Muf

Elvenar Team
Dear Humans and Elves,

Please use this thread to discuss the update to version 1.67, and our brand-new Crafting feature that will be part of the update for Elvenar International tomorrow already!

We're very much looking forward to your feedback, so do let us know what you think!

Kind regards,
Your Elvenar Team

DeletedUser5976

I've been following the discussions on crafting on the Beta forums. It seems very interesting. Of course after the update we can give real feedback. For the time being I must say I'm pleasantly surprised it's live so fast. Keep up the good work.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser5306

Yes thank you for this new feature that sounds really interesting :D
Cheers!

Killiak

Artisan
@Muf-Muf On the beta forum there was a bit of a mixed reception, mostly because people were wondering if this was in any way an efficient use of items and/or if it is rewarding enough.

What has been changed to this feature since its inception on beta, that answers to the criticism?

Muf-Muf

Elvenar Team
Thanks for the feedback so far. We're aiming to update today, so you'll be able to use the feature here on Elvenar International soon as well!

@Muf-Muf On the beta forum there was a bit of a mixed reception, mostly because people were wondering if this was in any way an efficient use of items and/or if it is rewarding enough.

What has been changed to this feature since its inception on beta, that answers to the criticism?
We've made various adjustments over the course of the Beta tests. Most notably we've added several buildings (military boosts and buildings that auto-produce units) to the crafting recipes, based on requests of the Beta community. We're aware of further feedback on rewards (also from e.g. the Mystical Object), and are taking that into consideration too.

With crafting, we're aiming for a feature that gives a good alternative to use items in your inventory, if you don't want to or have too many of them to use them for their primary function. :)

DeletedUser2452

Use your MA to Play FA or crafting ??

skip crafting .....crafting will be there forever
FA ....just a week

any good suggestion

Killiak

Artisan
I am currently debating whether or not I should spend the diamonds I currently have (all hail Wishing Wells) on upgrading my MA, or save them up for another expand instead.

Having read the Beta forum thread on this, I am really torn about it. Or rather; worried that it will get a hard nerf again at a later date.

DeletedUser5306

I am currently debating whether or not I should spend the diamonds I currently have (all hail Wishing Wells) on upgrading my MA, or save them up for another expand instead.

Having read the Beta forum thread on this, I am really torn about it. Or rather; worried that it will get a hard nerf again at a later date.

I don't know what is your present use of your MA, but having recently fully upgraded mine thanks to WWs (not exactly because of crafting but like you said had managed to gather a nice amount of diamonds), and I gotta say, I do not regret one second doing it, I mostly regret not having done it sooner as I am a fan of Magical Manufacturing Spells and now they are spawning fast! :)
Producing catalysts is also easier with a lvl 5 MA obviously.(6h production)

m4rt1n

Adept
Upgrading my Magic academy is what I did with the joining offer for diamonds and an extra builder so my Academy is already level 5.

Currently I have 5 Crafting spells running and the first will be ready in a few hours.

I wish we could disenchant relics though as I have over 2000 on each my boosts that will never be used, but am very low on scrolls relics as several spells require them.

Deleted User - 341074

Summary of feedback that hasn't been implemented/addressed since latest tweaks on Beta:
  • Disenchanting event buildings in our city: Once our supply of old inventory buildings is gone, there is no steady source of Spell Fragments. For newer players, there is really no significant source at all. Getting something back for older event buildings is an excellent way to encourage a player to keep their city fresh while giving access to the new crafting feature. Perhaps 1/2 as many SF as disenchanting from inventory.
  • Disenchanting Relics: Many players gain more relics each week than the MA can consume, and there really isn't anything you can do with your boosted ones after 500.
  • Disenchanting Runes: This one is something the player base has been asking for for years, and crafting is the perfect chance for inno to do it. There are recipes for getting Rune Shards, so if disenchanting Runes gave close to enough SF to make a shard then we could stop building wonders that we don't want just to delete them and smash runes on the wheel repeatedly.
  • Rune Shards Another issue (always having 10/10) that can be fixed with crafting. Either a special recipe that costs 10 BRS, or let us disenchant them.
  • New building ideas for crafting - Light melee, Light range and Mage versions of the Vallorian Vallor and Grounds of the Orc Strategist.
  • Set Buildings as a recipe Only the most recent set buildings should be offered so as not to flood the list.
  • Unique crafting set: A set of buildings that are only available through crafting.
  • Other sources of Combining Catalyst spells: Tournament rewards, visit chests etc.
  • A way to see all possible recipes This list exists in the database and is how our 5 recipes are generated, it just needs to be displayed to the player
  • The overflow of "same" recipes. Having 8 Coin rains and 8 supply windfalls is overly redundant. 5%, 25%, and 50% is enough variety of those. 2x5KP instant and a 10 KP instant is also unnecessary, lose the 10 KP one. The 3 codices, 4 Flames, and observatory that are all 2x2 pure culture might be a little much as well.
  • Relic recipes These have some major flaws. If a player needs relics from crafting, there is only a ~1% chance of the right recipe appearing, but for players who don't need them, the recipes take up 10% of their slots. Using these recipes as a way to get Vision Vapor offers some functionality, but the cost of 300 SF and a CC makes most of the other recipes better for farming VV.
  • Mystical Object relies too much on chance. Getting 50 KP instead of 500 diamonds because of bad luck is pretty harsh.
    myst2.png

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser5306

Great summary SoggyShorts, have been following the post on beta but having all this put together is really helpful, thanks!

Deleted User - 341074

Great summary SoggyShorts, have been following the post on beta but having all this put together is really helpful, thanks!
Thanks. I should out of fairness mention the things that they did already address based on our feedback:
  • New recipes every 8h down from 48h
  • Traveling Merchants costs are scaled with TM3 being the most expensive.
  • Crafting offers unique buildings (5-day military MMM, ELR, and the hitpoints one are now exclusively obtained through crafting)
  • Vallorian Vallors, Orc Nests, and the Grounds of the Orc Strategist added to the recipe list (it's unclear if these are exclusive as well)
And of course various bug fixes

Adrana

Novice
I really like the new crafting feature, especially because there is a way how to produce boosters at last. Thanks for it :).

Thagdal

Sorcerer
I think the recipe for 6kp should be canned, it takes 4 hours to craft plust 10 or 20 hours depending on MA lvl to craft 2 catalysts for it, seriously would anyone even bother crafting 6 kp?!? you would have gained 20+kp in the time it takes to craft it....o_O