• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

City "Fun with Flags"

DeletedUser6271

I had a good sleep last night so a little fresh with ideas and suggestions -

what about the ability to pin little flags on each building that wave in the wind.

I like the idea of being able to post/pin a little flag on any building and select the colour (prob from a small selection of 16 or so basic colours). maybe with a limit to say 10 flags per city (you can relocate, change colour delete each one anytime)

for no reason to represent any ambiguous meaning.

this way Fellowships could come up with their own in-house meaning and use of such flags and create their own "fun with flags" scenarios

for example - place a white flag on the builder hut - so it's easy to find for visitors
red flags on culture as 1st preference for help
blue flags on culture as 2nd preference for help
green flag on AW currently in research focus
black flag on AW or culture for "do not help - I'm about to sell for some reason"

and so on.

if done right I don't think a small number of coloured flags pinned to a few buildings would too obtrusive to the city and "fun" too! lol

and could replace the use of the city namespace for placing help preferences - if fellowships post there "flag meanings" in the description, when visiting non-fellow cities you can get to know other fellowships as well and their flag uses to help out on neighbourly help etc.

Kw

DeletedUser4149

i like this. i also like this idea for workshops and factories for things like adventures. we often end up running different cycles for different badges. we could use yellow flags for our workshops that are producing blacksmith badges and green ones for farmer badges to prevent accidental collections.

DeletedUser441

An easy solution for the difficulty in finding Builders' Huts is to insist players put them next to their Main Halls. :)

DeletedUser3451

An easy solution for the difficulty in finding Builders' Huts is to insist players put them next to their Main Halls. :)
possibly, but why should we insist on players changing their preferences in terms of layout, if there can be another way?

LazyTony

Sorcerer
The crystal lighthouse was nerfed because the browser would soon be getting the same NH system as the app. The justificaion for the nerf was that with the app NH system it would be too easy for CL owners to gain a large amount of goods. Of course, the app NH system makes clicking a builder very easy.

I forget exactly when the CL nerf was, maybe a year ago?

DeletedUser3451

The crystal lighthouse was nerfed because the browser would soon be getting the same NH system as the app. The justificaion for the nerf was that with the app NH system it would be too easy for CL owners to gain a large amount of goods. Of course, the app NH system makes clicking a builder very easy.

I forget exactly when the CL nerf was, maybe a year ago?
didn't knew that there are actually plans about changing the browser nh system so it resembles the app's one (i've seen only threads where it was discussed the difference and stuff). but even if it does happen at some point, the flags can be useful in other ways too, as it is explained in the op's post.

i do get unexpected donations to aw from neighbors and such a flag can help pointing them to the aw i would upgrade sooner, so the revenue of their investment would not get delayed too much.