• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Days of Music

Timneh

Artisan
Quite possibly a change only made because all events are supposed to be able to be completed by all players and as it was new players would not have been able to do the invest KP in AW quests.

Timneh

Artisan
Every time i log in to the game i can't help thinking that the small orc is giving us the orc version of the finger in the loading screen picture. Anyone else thought this or is it just me ?

DeletedUser5306

Every time i log in to the game i can't help thinking that the small orc is giving us the orc version of the finger in the loading screen picture. Anyone else thought this or is it just me ?

Ahah lol :-D Took a screenshot ! I think that it's more the metal sign of the horns no?... but it's kinda confusing indeed..!

music event loading screen.jpg

LarryB

Alchemist
This last quest Days of music really sucks

There is no way anyone in later ages can complete it. So many request involve encounters which require at least 1 scout which currently takes me 50 hours.
This has happened so many times in previous quests i'm beginning to think youre really not interesed in the players, only how you can make us spend more diamonds, because thats the only way to complete quests.

cwgiii

Shaman
So many request involve encounters which require at least 1 scout which currently takes me 50 hours.

I am in The Halflings chapter and finished yesterday. It is possible, with planning and preparation. I highly recommend taking a look at strategies to prepare for any event by checking out sites like Gamersgemsofknowledge.com, Platinum Leaf (Facebook group, but vids are available on you Tube), etc. It is vital (IMHO) to know the steps in advance to be able to set up productions, scouting, builds, etc.

In this particular case (and in many others), Inno has given the OPTION to scout OR complete an upgrade to a building. I was able to time my scouting to finish this task, but it would have been very easy to have an upgrade ready to finish this task.

A few other tips:
1. Try to time collections of relics during tournaments as this is far less costly than doing so on the world map.
2. Try to collect spells during tournaments as this is far less time consuming than doing so in your MA. Another option is to try to collect during daily Neighborly Help treasure chests.
3. Go ahead and have several areas scouted, but leave the encounters unsolved, so you can blast through those required encounter collections. I personally don't solve ANY encounters anymore unless associated with an event, since I am so far into the game.
4. If possible, try to participate in those events that overlap when you are at the end of a chapter. You can clear lots of space when getting rid of for guest race structures to make room for lots of level 1 structures for those pesky tasks requiring lots of individual items or those 1-2 day items, keeping the rest of your city dedicated to normal,run of the mill productions.
5. Go ahead and have troops built and waiting for collection. You can then disconnect the barracks (or any other building) from a road to prevent early collection.
6. Try to have at least one Knowledge Tree research ready to complete, waiting for those particular quests in an event.

There are tons more tips out there. Any one of these can help save time (some can save days). All of these combined can certainly help.

As a last resort, we also have instants that can be lifesavers to complete quests that are just pesky, difficult, or not in line with other timing. These can help optimize progression through an event quite nicely. I personally save all of my non AW Instants for this eventuality, just in case.

Part of the fun of these quests, for me, is to figure out some of these strategies or stack them to hit like dominoes down the line and really make solving the event as efficiently as possible.

LarryB

Alchemist
upload_2018-6-17_0-33-3.png

Where is the option here. It is also the second of these. so i am looking at 100 hours to do 2 quest items out of 38. thats 4 days out of a total of 10.
I tried to use the tournaments but they didnt count.

As to preparing, I have a life and I like to play games not study for exams,

cwgiii

Shaman
View attachment 2886

Where is the option here. It is also the second of these. so i am looking at 100 hours to do 2 quest items out of 38. thats 4 days out of a total of 10.
I tried to use the tournaments but they didnt count.

As to preparing, I have a life and I like to play games not study for exams,

In your previous post, you mentioned to scouting. I thought you were referring to Quest # 36: Scout 1 Province or upgrade 1 building to level 16 or higher. You are correct that quest number 29: Solve 11 Encounters has only one option. But this is one that you can prepare for.

As with all things, you can choose to take part in any individual event, or not. You can now choose to complete some or all of the individual quests and gain rewards for that individual effort, along the way (Thanks Inno), if you choose not to complete the event as a whole.

I agree, if you wish to "wing it", your likelihood of finishing the even is very low. But, that is your choice.

If you choose to play a game like RISK or Chess" without caring to learn or play with strategy, you are very unlikely to win either. Just pointing out that strategies like preparation and staging are key in this game if you choose to try and complete many of these events.

Again, part of the fun, for me.

There is no way anyone in later ages can complete it. So many request involve encounters which require at least 1 scout which currently takes me 50 hours.

Since you indicate that you might be playing from a later chapter's point of view, I am surprised that you have not experienced the need for planning, preparation, and strategies within this game, as part of the game. Just an observation.

One of the things that I really do enjoy about this game is the layering aspect. Unfolding the amount of detail from a beginner (that just needs the rote construction of buildings and roads), on to higher chapters that lead to the discovery of guest races, on to the Fellowship aspect of the game, to the events, etc. There is a lot of depth to the game and lots of choices that can be made all along the way. I like the fact that players can choose how they want to play, in many ways (fight or negotiate, join a fellowship or not, participate in events or not). I particularly find it key to focus on a goal or two at a time. That may mean that I skip an event, or a Fellowship Adventure, or a Tournament, in order to shift my resources somewhere else. All choices that add flavor to the game.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser2215

I finished about 5 days ago. For those quests needing scouts I did two building upgrades. So it is possible to complete these events. I think that is why they added the building upgrades to these quests as it takes longer for the older players to scout a prov.

DeletedUser5037

I concur! I'm also on Chapter 12 and had no problem at all with the Days of Music questline.
It took me two days to finish... I'm slow! ^_^

Timneh

Artisan
I am curious if anyone has completed this event WITHOUT using spoilers. My opinion is that because there are no official spoilers for events in the game the time given for doing events should be sufficient to complete them without spoilers and i'm not totally sure that all people could do that when you consider how long scouting times get.
I can also remember Timon stating on a live Q&A session(a long time ago now) that all events should be completable by all players. Obviously if players only log in every other day or so then they won't finish and that is as it should be.
My point is that in my opinion the event devs should ignore the fact that spoilers exist when they put times on the events. I am sure that some of you will disagree.

cwgiii

Shaman
I can also remember Timon stating on a live Q&A session(a long time ago now) that all events should be completable by all players. Obviously if players only log in every other day or so then they won't finish and that is as it should be.

I don't remember this particular quote. However, it is a choice to use spoilers or not. I personally think there may be some confusion with this quote though. There is no way that this game could be constructed to make every event completable by every player in every circumstance. Obviously, if a player's schedule does not allow them to log in regularly, they will not be able to complete some (or even all) of the events. Some of the events are definitely easier than others. There has been feedback, on the Forums that some folks thought some of the events were too easy, or too hard. I think Inno has been doing a better job at creating a variety of events that appeal to different styles of play, different levels of player, etc. (IMHO).

For those folks that chose to remain spoiler free, that adds a great level of difficulty that can be fun. But those players should not complain about the challenge being too difficult. For those players that choose to use spoilers, they have a better chance at getting all the way through. But those players should not complain about them being too easy, short, boring, etc.

The age old proverb still holds true: You can please some of the people some of the time but none of the people all of the time.

Remember, no one is forced to participate in any of the events.

LazyTony

Sorcerer
You can make sure you always have 3,4,5 scouted world map provinces available for events. If you do that, I'm pretty sure its doable without spoilers.

Timneh

Artisan
@cwgiii only the part about all players should be able to complete events is what Timon said the other part about players that only log in every other day is my personal view.
I agree that it is personal choice to use or not use spoilers and i also agree that players should not complain about events being too hard or easy when using or not using spoilers. That reminds me of a player that complained about events being too easy but refused to stop using spoilers.
I'd still like to know if anyone has completed this event without using a spoiler.

cwgiii

Shaman
I'd still like to know if anyone has completed this event without using a spoiler.

It would be interesting to know, I agree. I would imagine that it might be possible, with luck. But confirmation would be nice. We may never know since the percentage of non-spoiler players is only a fraction, then the number of those that read/post on the Forums would be a significantly smaller fraction (even smaller for this specific Forum or even thread), then the number of successful completions within this subset would be an even smaller portion, etc....

You can make sure you always have 3,4,5 scouted world map provinces available for events.

As LazyTony and others have pointed out, there are many things that can be done to prepare, even if spoilers are not accessed. IMHO, many of these things are just smart ways to play the game anyway. Again, many of these are strategies that help regardless of player level or event. These strategies can be learned over time by any individual with experimentation but are summarized on many sites out there on the web. I do not consider these strategies to be spoilers. As the game evolves, I imagine that new strategies could come about.

Deleted User - 182073

What happened to the forum Competition? Where are the winners to these things posted?