• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Discussion News from Beta (may contain spoilers!)

DeletedUser4499

When I first read about the adjustments for the older event buildings, I thought it won't bother me, because I started later- tuns out I was wrong. I went for the Father Tree of Candy Cranes in the last winter event, because they give as much population as residences two chapter later. Now I'm in the next chapter and they'll give less than my current residences when the change comes.
I gonna loose more than 1k population alone, that's more than my current population and half my total once I deleted the extra buildings I built for this Adventure.

This games challenge is to balance population and culture on limited space to build and upgrade buildings. That's why I decided to go for hybrid buildings with high population and that's why I spent money on the events to get more of them, thinking that the money is well spent since the game is straight forward and it's been anounced that event buildings will become upgradable.

Now I feel tricked into spending money under false premises, because the upgrades for event buildings will only be available once the value will be reduced.

I'm sure there are many players who started playing after March 17 like myself who still haven't realised that talking about adjustments to pre-March 17 event buildings means talking about current event buildings as well, because they are still given out- quite a few of them appeared in the previous winter event alone.

DeletedUser4499

Sorry, I can't edit due to slow internet. :(
I know that I wouldn't have needed to spend real money on this game, but I liked this game and I thought it's not bad paying for something I like, especially if it enables me to play tournaments earlier and more provinces, because the additional population from the event buildings helps me upgrading my buildings faster. It's pretty boring if all you can do is collecting goods every 3 hours only.

DeletedUser4499

The stats are the same in both events, so I'm sure they will be affected as well.

Pauly7

Magus
Hmm, I'm not sure whether to be concerned or not now. Inno have said that nothing won after March 2017 is affected so right now I'll have to trust that, unless there is any information from Beta to the contrary. Vindaria, do you say what you say because of an experience on Beta or because of what you believe may happen? If it's the latter then hopefully Lelanya is right.

Personally I never had a Father Tree of Candy Canes (or Candy Cranes! :)), on account of how hideous they are, but if this is true then it makes me wonder if there would be anything else that I did have.

Timneh

Artisan
I think that it will be the older version of this tree. The one from Snowflake event not the Glacier Giants will be nerfed

The way i understand it from beta is that the changes affect any building that was first introduced before March 2017 so if it was first given as a prize in the snowflake event and you won it in the Glacier Giants event then it will get changed.
The question about that was asked on the beta forum in the update 1.54 thread and confirmed by Marindor.

DeletedUser5976

Did that tree have the same stats in 2017 as it did in 2016

I believe that's the case. The Elven Architect doesn't have several different versions of an event building, but only one. If there were different stats I'm sure they would have been marked as such with different stats.

LazyTony

Sorcerer
changes affect any building that was first introduced before March 2017

Timneh is correct. I am on beta forum and there are a lot of upset players who won the candy tree thingie in a recent event. However, beta players have been promised compensation, and the suggestion (but its only a suggestion) from the mod there (Marindor) is that it will be in the form of the new spells that will upgrade event buildings. Basically, hold fire and wait until its finalised, Inno have listened to beta players and won't be implementing it in the same way on live servers.

Timneh

Artisan
The beta CM has said that the beta players will be (probably) be given some of the new spells to lessen the impact of the nerfing and that the change will not be the same on live servers as it was on beta so as LazyTony said lets wait and see what they do.
If it turns out that they do not change it i personally will not fight to try and get my population and culture back up to present levels, i'd rather bin the game.

Pauly7

Magus
:( I'm going to lose thousands in population :mad:
If I listen to the cynic in me.... Is it any coincidence that this is going to happen at exactly the same time as it becomes possible to pay to upgrade old event buildings.... and will that, in itself, tactically happen a few weeks before they implement the new powers of the blueprint.

DeletedUser3985

I think it's far too soon to be setting up another FA. Since I don't have a beta forum account I will express my dissatisfaction here. Running a large amount of FAs in a small amount of time is going to drain all the fun out of them and fatigue your players.

Jaxom

Alchemist
They have indeed begun another Fellowship Adventure on Beta, just one week after the last one concluded. Even if they wait a month to do it here it is too soon. The rewards on for this newest one Beta are absurd. Stage 3 has a 20 KP wonder instant, a Flower Cage and a Unicorn.

I am tempted to tell the players in my two live world fellowships to boycott this next one. But perhaps the developers will tell us why doing two FAs so close together is a good thing.

Deleted User - 106219

The rewards per stage are:
Stage 1: Supply Windfall 15%, Booster 5h, Ancient Knowledge 10
Stage 2: Ancient Knowledge 20, Sun Codex (2x2 Culture), Crystal Unicorn (2x1 Culture)
Stage 3: Booster 20h, Rainbow Flower Cage (1x1 Population/Culture Hybrid), Rainbow Unicorn (2x1 Population/Culture Hybrid)

If this comes to live without a change in rewards - I'm skipping it.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

I saw over on the Beta FA thread that Marindor has said that we will get it on the Live servers a week after Beta gets it... flooding the game with FA adventures which often need a lot of small buildings to be built specially is nigh on impossible for those with negative population/negative culture and the prizes on offer being so totally rubbish means that only those with nothing better to do will bother this time around.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser3781

Stage 1: Supply Windfall 15%, Booster 5h, Ancient Knowledge 10
Stage 2: Ancient Knowledge 20, Sun Codex (2x2 Culture), Crystal Unicorn (2x1 Culture)
Stage 3: Booster 20h, Rainbow Flower Cage (1x1 Population/Culture Hybrid), Rainbow Unicorn (2x1 Population/Culture Hybrid)
Hey, that's not so bad! Now I can replace my nerfed unicorn ;)