• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Sniping

Lelanya

Mentor
Since the introduction of KP instants there has been a marked increase in 'sniping'.
Sniping is common in Forge of Empires especially the US servers apparently. This is a practice of running up a players Great Buildings with the intent of stealing rewards from their guildies and prearranged swap partners.
The incidence of this is on the rise in the new Ancient Wonder system. Believe me my fellows and I are debating this very point.

We are looking for solutions and would appreciate your suggestions . Thanks,
Lel

DeletedUser1829

I think it depends on your viewpoint and your method of levelling. Some methods are very prone to sniping while others are not. I welcome snipers they can come and drop KP into my wonders anytime, for me it is less kp that I need to put in so it is a benefit to me (or my fellowship). For those who self level anyone who adds to their wonder is a good thing.

Most swaps are prone to sniping and if you don't welcome the extra "help" it can be an issue. One solution is to use a method of levelling that is fast enough that snipers rarely have a chance or have to put in more KP then they might be willing to. As endless KP chains are one of the most popular methods of levelling wonders they provide a lot of opportunity for snipers as they tend to be one of the slowest methods of levelling a wonder

Killiak

Artisan
With the new AW instants, there can be some sniping.
However, wonders quickly start to take hundreds of KP. If said person is willing to drop in 30+ kp only to get a 10KP instant, good on them!

In my opinion it's a non-issue. Server population and inactives in the top 20 Fellowships; now there's a real problem.

DeletedUser1829

Mykan where is that proposal of yours for a new type of Wonder club? We are looking at it now

https://us.forum.elvenar.com/index....ty-spreadsheet-assisted-wonder-program.15992/

Nothing new just a less used option. I am occasionally adding some more automation to it from time to time. Have had help from someone else recently to improve the template for ease of use and automation/ideas. Takes less work than most people realise. Since December last year we average 1.5 wonders per day, I know other fellowships doing 1 wonder per day on average or 2-3 days per wonder. Either way it is quick enough that it is hard for others to get in on the rewards or they have to contribute a lot to get the reward, which is fine too.

From my perspective the 2 best options for levelling wonders are this followed by self-levelling. Sure you don't get rune with self-levelling but if your doing a lot of tournaments it really doesn't matter, and if others in your fellowship self-level you will get the odd rune with their cheap chests. Snipers aren't an issue either with self-levelling as your "chest rewards" is the people who contribute to you rather than what you get from someone else.

DeletedUser441

I have a neighbour that actually filled an AW for me . Why , I have no idea. If players put more kps in than the reward given to them without being in a kp swap thread , then they are simply losing out. To gain a reward in any of my AWs now you need to put in more kps than the reward given , so "sniping " is pointless.

DeletedUser702

Yawn! As I said in another forum this game getting BORING!
All them quests and whats happening seems to me Inno must
have done a D. Trump ( You are FIRED) to their Good Devs!
They really should advance the game and stop all them quests
and give players space to advance their games!!!!!!!!!!!! ;)

DeletedUser2452

Inside a fellowship
we wish all rewards can go to our fellowship members

your AW is well-support by many fellowship members and grow a steady rate in "kp-exchange"

however, if there is a group ( or 1 only) come to my AW
loading tons of kp to steal a reward
to me : my AW mature much faster, I am very happy ...super very happy...why I want to play "kp-exchange"--- i want my AW grow fast
to the one who put a lot of kp: sorry ...u put 50 kp (e.g.) in and only get 30 kp (e.g.) back , u get a loss of 20 kp but get some rune
to fellowship member : why not share my excitment... although u do not get 30 kp (e.g.), but our fellowship get 50 kp (e.g.), I hope that person also put tons of kp in your AW in near future and allow your AW mature faster....

Timneh

Artisan
In my opinion this situation was obvious and inevitable. Players that used to put all the KP from tournament and AW rewards into the tech tree can no longer do so since all those KP are now AW KP instants. It makes more sense to put those instants into other players AWs as they then get instants in return(sometimes more than they donate) and possibly runes as well. Maybe the players that were asking for these AW instants didn't think that this might happen but it has. They wanted this change, they got it, now they have to live with it. Like the old saying says..."be careful what you wish for because you just might get it".

DeletedUser2437

I admit I'm not entirely sure what the problem is here? Is the problem simply that non fellows are getting AW rewards? Or that players are "stealing" the rightfully earned rewards from wonders by putting in more points?

I either case I am inclined to feel the system is working as intended. You put in points to an AW, if that wonder isn't yours and you put in more points than some other players you get a reward of more KP for wonders. My fellowship uses the simple chain system which provides zero loss of invested points to participants. And any extra rewards on top of that are a nice bonus. It doesn't help to think of these extra points as a goal worth pursuing since as you develop your wonders they take many more points to level again and it gets increasingly unlikely to make any sort of profit on them on an individual basis. Rather they are a boost to a fellowship for working together. For example my level 7 Maze requires 620 KP to level up and will yield a reward of 120 KP total to investors. That means a roughly 20% rebate for my fellowship upon its completion.

Any attempt made to "Snipe" these points is ultimately doomed to irrelevance as there is an almost abysmally low chance for the perpetrator to profit from it. As they cannot get more points out than they will have to put in, any efforts to upset the balance will ultimately do more good than harm to us.

So if I understand the problem here than yes it could be an issue to small isolated players, but I just don't see it being a big deal for those in a good fellowship.

DeletedUser5983

I think it's not an issue.
Once I had so many KP while I had to open 15 provinces and no place to put in the tech tree.
There was no single AW except my own, so I've decided to give them to my neighbors.
I don't think anyone would do all the time to spend the KP just for rewards, there's must be other reasons. Send them message maybe they need help in resources.

EdwardTrunk

Soothsayer
I think it's not an issue.

I admit I'm not entirely sure what the problem is here? Is the problem simply that non fellows are getting AW rewards? Or that players are "stealing" the rightfully earned rewards from wonders by putting in more points?

I either case I am inclined to feel the system is working as intended.

This ^

DeletedUser6260

Some if not most players don't donate for the kickback KP, they do it for shards. Depending on how badly they want them they may donate more aggressively. Otherwise they would probably just donate to their own wonders.

DeletedUser3571

I don't think Ethics should come into this, as it can just as easily be applied to most parts of the game. but what is your case?

and to reply to your comment sniping does not just help yourself, it gives KP to the owner of the wonder as mentioned above. so that the owner always comes out ahead. (and if you want to argue it you can just as much look at swap threads as looking out for yourself)

Secondly if someone wants to stop sniping then all they need do is actively take part in swap threads, nearly all the KP invested in my wonders comes from the swap threads. For example my sanctuary is being worked on at the moment and its half full and only 1 of the reward chest would be profitable for sniping, by the time its done no rewards will be profitable.
So if you use swap threads correctly than sniping will be unprofitable and will stop.

Killiak

Artisan
Any AW is fair game for anyone else to invest KP in. That's how the system (currently) works, how it was actually set up by the devs. Ths means that anyone capable of organizing a hunting group can go out and gain their group a profit. The only reason this annoys people is because they want to grab up the rewards from their fellows, which were now grabbed up by someone else.

Don't want your fellow AW's to be targeted? Get them to participate in your fellowship exchange threads.
Don't have these kind of threads? Too bad; it's fair game then.