• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Discussion News from Beta (may contain spoilers!)

Timneh

Artisan
I just think it would have been a far better solution but as has already been said there is no way it will be changed. Innos attitude seems to be what is done is done so live with it.

Killiak

Artisan
I agree that would be good option in terms of how it works for us but I immediately see server issues arising with this however simple the coding may be. It is just a lot of extra info for the servers to keep track of and we already have enough lag issues.

I can assure you that a database feels very little actual lag from the tiny bit of data it has to store for something like that. It's certainly not more than it has to store for somebody who has 5 different kinds of instants in his/her inventory. Also, latency issues are not caused by stored data, but mostly because you either have a crappy ISP or if there are choke points in your connection path.

So no, you won't see server issues arising.

Jackluyt

Shaman
There is a new Questline Event starting in beta world today!

I will post full details when I get back from the dentist!!

DeletedUser6357

a new Questline Event
Upcoming...
  • Stick around today, for a new and spooktacular QLE is about to get started. More info soon!
urbandictionary.com:
TOP DEFINITION (1)
spooktacular - A very impressive
(2)
spooktacular - When a black person does something either extraordinary or something incredibly stupid. :eek: :p

Deleted User - 106219

For the record, "spooktacular" can also be used as a combination of "spooky" and "spectacular". Often used for Halloween events - but that is months away.

EDIT: And it has began. 48 total quests, event will run on Beta until the 26th.

Main Reward:
Venar's Spirtual Nexus, 3x4, 1450 Population and 2900 Culture at the end of S&D.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser3337

My family all over the place in this eventbuilding!!! How happy can I be?
♥ I luv you Inno! ♥
*Meow*
Reward01res.png

DeletedUser6458

That's not really my point though. My point is that you now have less freedom with the hourly KPs because you can't just dump them in an AW when you get tech-locked -- because there's no getting them back later.

I don't generally mind the change THAT much, but I'm wondering when this will stop. What KPs will be taken away and made AW-only next? The ones from tourney provinces? The ones from regular provinces? The ones won in event chests? Why not?

I feel the need to point out that ENOUGH IS ENOUGH, please stop making more changes like that, thank you very much. What we have now is very nice, please, devs, step away from my KPs and go fix the quest rotation system or deliver that amazing new fast way of visiting that you promised when you completely destroyed Crystal Lighthouse.
I don't think we need to worry about them changing prov kp to instants, that would be opposed by almost all players. The kp won in tournaments might be in question but even I would oppose that move. If they want to add in kp instants to the structure I would be happy with it though. We could do with less rune and spell prizes in exchange for kp instants.

Geminatrix

Soothsayer
Overall I like the KP instants (and that they count for "spending KP quests") but I think there is a place and need for some instances of generic KP instants that can be used where you like. Perhaps events reward are the place these could shine and make us smile

Jackluyt

Shaman
Here is a preview of the new Walpurgis Night Questline Event that just started on Beta World. We expect it in the live Worlds on 23rd April if all goes as normal.

If you would like to see more breaking news videos from Platinum Leaf, give it a 'Like' & 'Subscribe' on YouTube.
:)

Here is a link to our Event Note with Quests and strategy tips and commentary:

https://bit.ly/2HEaD71

Last edited:

DeletedUser

Over in Beta we've been told that they're replacing blueprints with spells to upgrade event buildings. It says old ones so I'm not sure if that'll include new ones. My point is that I've recently bought Magic Residencies and Workshops because I'm in Fellowships that get 10 chests every week but I wouldn't have bought them if I'd known they're going to stop the blueprints! I wonder if this means we're going to have to pay for Magic Building upgrades every level.

I tried to get in the Beta forum several times to find out but I kept being logged out so I came here to see if anyone has any opinions or knows the full story?

Last edited by a moderator:

Jackluyt

Shaman
31301405_10211609573055526_5590371053900570838_n.jpg

GREAT NEWS - FROM UPGRADE v. 1.54 IN BETA WORLD!
These changes will reach the Live Worlds most likely next week.
1f642.png

BALANCING

<< In response to many requests, we are happy to share with you that we're currently getting close to implementing a way to upgrade your event buildings! However, since the balancing for our very first event buildings was different than the balancing of our later event buildings, we had to make some balancing changes to these buildings to make sure they'd be in line (also on higher levels) with our other event buildings. This means that from today on, the event buildings from before March 2017 which only provide culture, will provide more culture than before, in most cases. Some will provide slightly less, some will remain the same. The buildings which provide both culture and population will provide less culture than before. We decided to keep the population bonus as close to the old value as possible, because for the majority of people, population is more precious than culture.

<< Soon, you will also already be able to upgrade your event buildings as a premium option. However, we are in the final stage of preparing a feature that will offer this option without the use of diamonds as well, by using a new kind of spell, which will replace your Blueprints.
which will replace your Blueprints.

<< Please let us know your thoughts in our feedback thread!

<< https://beta.forum.elvenar.com/index.php…>>