• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

The Phoenix Cult

Deleted User - 384643

Some Ideas to Improve the Events

Since the Grand Prizes are so awful this time, I don't really care how hard it is to win them, since I don't plan to place any of them in my city. And that is one of the main things that is wrong with this event IMO. If you want to improve these events then a good start would be to make the grand prizes MUCH more appealing, which means quit it with the sucky goods/gold/supply bonus and instead give those buildings a great culture and/or population bonus with as extra bonus (for the 3rd building) a great amount of supplies, mana or seeds (depending on which chapter you're in).

I actually like the whole set building idea you came up with, but I never tried collecting a set because once again the bonuses you came up with just aren't that good. So once again, to make it more appealing please give bonuses that are actually useful (meaning NO small amount of goods & coins, which is only useful for early chapter cities). Instead of 1KP maybe give a total set bonus of 3 or 4KP. And instead of stupid small amounts of goods, coins & supplies give a complete set a good amount of supplies, mana and/or seeds bonus. This way people will actually want to build the set and they would have to choose between trying to win all the grand prizes or trying to win a complete set (or spend a good amount of diamonds to win both).

This request has been made before already, but please try to expand the quest system so that we'll have some more variety in quests. Like, give Neighborly Help to 10 of your neighbors. Or donate 5 or 10 KP to another player's Ancient Wonder. Or use a spell x amount of times. Just try to mix it up more. Doing all these similar quests is a bit boring.

There are already some good daily prizes to be won, so there's not much room for improvement there IMO.

DeletedUser3337

That should be the introduction to the next guest race! The Cat People! Awww. I want.
+1
The game is totally ready for this!
All the purring might cheer some peeps up eh ;)

for fairies' sake!

To keep it ontopic, please do not decrease the number of quests, it will give less event currency, so less chances to get a daily prize :rolleyes:

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser5254

I don't really care about these extra pop or culture buildings and I only participate in the events for time boosters, but now i have come to a point in game where a very poor prize diversity affects me personally.
How come we only get free orcs buildings during winter event?
There was an orc strategist building as a prize in 2nd and 3rd FA, but I wasn't anywhere near orcs for it to be useful to me, plus the whole thing with changing supplies to goods after chapter 5. Now I have to either build an armory which I don't need since I play without army, or I'm stuck in tech and scouting until december.
Why is that?

cwgiii

Shaman
There was an orc strategist building as a prize in 2nd and 3rd FA, but I wasn't anywhere near orcs for it to be useful to me

I hear you there. But one of my personal theories is that a main thread throughout this game is planning for the future. It costs nothing to store structures in you enchantments area. Sometimes those "worthless" buildings can be useful in the future: like for the next chapter or two, or when that "gotcha" moment hits and you suddenly NEED culture or pop to complete a major task in the game.

Keeping a few squares for shifting around your city can help with planning, using the Elvenarchitect program can help with finding those elusive open spaces, saving goods, orcs, units for that big upcoming campaign are all examples of planning in game.

Unfortunately, we cannot upgrade event buildings once they are won, yet. But I hear that blueprints might change that in the future too.

My point is that you never know when you will need something and happen to realize that you already have the solution tucked away somewhere you never expected.

DeletedUser4003

I am sure that Inno appreciates all feedback "FatOldElf", but I thought I would provide a few thoughts on your post.

I must say that this is a matter of opinion. My personal opinion is that I prefer more efficient structures, whether big or small. Others have different opinions. I know a few folks that only play for the art of the buildings.

Related to this, I do LOVE the functionality on the app version of the game to select the most optimal available cultural building to help, rather than having to hunt and find a potentially less optimal structure to help. I heard, at one point (possibly on the late Inno TV episodes) that NH would eventually be improved on the PC version. I hope this is the case sooner rather than later. Switching back and forth between the two versions is a pain now, but certainly better than the original method.

I totally agree here. And later, seeds would be an awesome option too. But I do realize that Inno seems to have come to the conclusion that earlier events had structures with reward that were "too good" and un-balanced the game. Shame that they feel this way.

Be careful what you wish for. Seems I heard the exact opposite from recent events. Again, opinion. It is possible to please some of the people some of the time. But, impossible to please everyone, all of the time.

Same as above. I heard the exact opposite earlier that the 3rd prize was impossible to achieve. Don't get me wrong, I enjoy a challenge and I am not one of those that NEEDS to have the FULL SET every time. But others seem to have this urge.

WOW. Please don't do this. Space is the true commodity in this game (IMHO). I would not even try for a structure that big. Smaller, more powerful, and hence more efficient structures, are what I look for. As we progress with the guest races, the only option is to be able to piece in structures around those settlements. This is a great challenge, but we need the structures to be able to accomplish that goal. Bigger is not always better. Again, IMHO.

Says the guy with elven fairy residences @ chapter 10 ... How do we can take you seriously when you talk about space or planing or layouts?
Don't quote my ideas please, try to think of something by your self.

So a quick calculation by my fellows, shows that even using every spin on a 140 on a double day will leave you short by about 9-10 140 spins for grand prize 3. :(

The longer 4-5 week Xmas event had 20 more quests and the same amounts required, so surely the requirements for grand prize 2 and 3 should have been lowered accordingly.

Instead of 250, 400 and 800 which was fine with over 100 quests, it should reflect the shorter time and fewer quests and read something like 200, 350 and 700, still tough but just about possible.

Edit: Building 3 (Grand Prize) of the set is "impossible" if you spin for the 2 other set buildings(Given the lack of double day). Given the odds the only way to get the 3 set grand prizes is to only use double days and then luck is still needed for extra essence at about 20%, but the chances are less than that, so the full set is not reasonably possible without spending money, and not a few quid, about £$20 by our calculations and even then luck is still involved.

If you spin on a none double day then the price will increase significantly. I cannot believe INNO have not realized this when they started the event.

WHY use the same requirements from the winter event with 30% less essence on offer I can not understand, as loyal players like myself feel more than a little disgruntled.

Simple math here

Inno + no income = No elvenar = You don't have this game...

This Event you have cult+pop in 2nd grand prize, 3rd is optional for those who support this game , not just want everything for free...life don't work like this.
Its totally acceptable that they want to make some cash, it is a businesses after all.

I don't really care about these extra pop or culture buildings and I only participate in the events for time boosters, but now i have come to a point in game where a very poor prize diversity affects me personally.
How come we only get free orcs buildings during winter event?
There was an orc strategist building as a prize in 2nd and 3rd FA, but I wasn't anywhere near orcs for it to be useful to me, plus the whole thing with changing supplies to goods after chapter 5. Now I have to either build an armory which I don't need since I play without army, or I'm stuck in tech and scouting until december.
Why is that?
Why would you want Orc strategist building? it don't produces nearly enough so its trash.
You are short of orcs? that's why wonders are for.
Players most often mistake is that they want to run trough the chapters, its doable but only till some point... in chapter 8/9 you need to think about wonders, if you don't do that, you're doing it wrong.

cwgiii

Shaman
Says the guy with elven fairy residences @ chapter 10 ... How do we can take you seriously when you talk about space or planing or layouts?
Don't quote my ideas please, try to think of something by your self.

Umm, no need to be snarky.

I believe my "age" within the game actually proves that particular point that I was making. Different levels of different structures can become more efficient per square as we all advance. I was specifically referring to cultural buildings. But yes, as players progress through the knowledge tree, they gain the ability to build bigger and (in most cases) more efficient residences and manufacturers. Again, my point was not about the size, or level of any particular building, but about the efficiency per square.

And please..., quoting a particular person is a function of the forum. How else are others to know what we are referring too when making comment? I believe it is obvious that my thoughts are my own on this matter, since they clearly differ from yours.

DeletedUser4003

Umm, no need to be snarky.

I believe my "age" within the game actually proves that particular point that I was making. Different levels of different structures can become more efficient per square as we all advance. I was specifically referring to cultural buildings. But yes, as players progress through the knowledge tree, they gain the ability to build bigger and (in most cases) more efficient residences and manufacturers. Again, my point was not about the size, or level of any particular building, but about the efficiency per square.

And please..., quoting a particular person is a function of the forum. How else are others to know what we are referring too when making comment? I believe it is obvious that my thoughts are my own on this matter, since they clearly differ from yours.

you said that you dont want to see rewards size of 20 to 30 squares and youre saying you want efficient/per square....remember great auction ?

cwgiii

Shaman
you said that you dont want to see rewards size of 20 to 30 squares and youre saying you want efficient/per square....remember great auction ?

Yes, I do. I actually won that one and it is in my store. But, being so large and item, I may not place it for a long while. And the fact that it is pure culture (at my level when won) rather than source of mana or seeds, it is even less likely that I will place it. Sure, it was an example of efficient pure culture, but there are better ones. Again, you prove my point. Bigger is not necessarily better depending on your place in the game, and your progression through.

DeletedUser5254

Why would you want Orc strategist building? it don't produces nearly enough so its trash.
You are short of orcs? that's why wonders are for.
Players most often mistake is that they want to run trough the chapters, its doable but only till some point... in chapter 8/9 you need to think about wonders, if you don't do that, you're doing it wrong.

Hero's forge comes at the end of Orcs chapter, I need orcs at the beginning.
And the thing you are forgetting here is that any event building (even if it's trash to you) give you FREE (i.e. no supplies needed) orcs with 0 ("zero") population used and both orc strategist and orc vortex were 8 tiles buildings, unlike lvl 20 armory which takes 25 tiles and 1000 pop.

So if I'm going to sit in orcs and upgrade my AWs for the next 6 months, I'd rather have a "trash" building or two that gives me something I need and it doesn't decay, than have a totally pointless building that's wasting precious resources AND clashes with my style of play.

DeletedUser4003

Yes, I do. I actually won that one and it is in my store. But, being so large and item, I may not place it for a long while. And the fact that it is pure culture (at my level when won) rather than source of mana or seeds, it is even less likely that I will place it. Sure, it was an example of efficient pure culture, but there are better ones. Again, you prove my point. Bigger is not necessarily better depending on your place in the game, and your progression through.
Think of a way to use it properly.
in woodelves you have a ton of willows right? which are stronger than library's in terms of culture but give mess mana (your favorite mana/square)
So why not to build it and combine with library's to balance out cultural loss ?
Its not close about a single building, its how about you combine them to get best out of it (totaly not talking about link bonus LOL)

DeletedUser3985

The Winter Event was was actually the exception to the rule.
The Autumn event was also an exception.

Does anyone know the odds for each prize from the wishing well?

DeletedUser3985

25% supplies, 25% coin, 10% 1 KP, 10% 10 diamonds, 10% each good (that is, 30% that you will get some goods)
Those are better odds than I thought they'd be. May I ask where you got the numbers from?

m4rt1n

Adept
The Autumn event was also an exception.

Does anyone know the odds for each prize from the wishing well?

I thought that with the autumn event and winter event both being the "exception" Inno had listened and made the third grand prize possible without the need for diamonds.

Tonton-des-bois

Illusionist
Something a bit sad : the event quests completions and/or the regular quests asking to gain coins or supplies aren't validating each other... or in other words, the coins/supplies gained through a quest aren't counted by other quests... :(
However they are requiring to gain and not to collect...

But positive point, this event seems to me easier to lower chapters

Last edited:

Deleted User - 106219

Rewards from quests do not count towards the completion of other quests. That's intended and unlikely to change.