• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

This is strange huh

DeletedUser3097

Ok, let me explain....

A: app- when new players start playing on the app they are given an auto-generated name such as the ones Pimpy spent time finding (but why?)

B: Balance- to every argument there are many sides- look at the evidence, read people's opinions, make your own decision rather than following the crowd

C: Check your facts before posting.

DeletedUser3337

So I guess you didn't really need another game-world. There's plenty of space, it's just being used by zombie rabbits.

This made me laugh out loud!
Ah I guess I will wait till the day that the app will get so popular that 50%+ of our gameworld will be called Exubarant :D

Thank you @Rilian for your replies, appreciated :)

DeletedUser3337

Ok, let me explain....

A: app- when new players start playing on the app they are given an auto-generated name such as the ones Pimpy spent time finding (but why?)

B: Balance- to every argument there are many sides- look at the evidence, read people's opinions, make your own decision rather than following the crowd

C: Check your facts before posting.

Keep calm, no need to get so excited.
Why or what I do with my time, is up to me

Killiak

Artisan
Why should we take action? We did it. People logging in on the mobile app get given a name, which is a word followed by a number. All of these names are people who have started the game on the mobile app. If you had bothered to read the entire thread before diving in, I think you should have noticed that I said that earlier.

That's not an answer to the question.

Now let me ask you again; THOUSANDS of users with the same name, with very low rankings for days on end, which just means these are mostly accounts that are not being used. They aren't changing their name or playing the game obviously.

So, 23% of our gameworld (as Pimpy just calculated) is going to be deleted in 30 days?
Or are you seriously going to claim these are all unique playing users?
Is Inno going to take action so new players don't wind up in dead neighbourhoods?

Edit; people who feel the game is dead, or their neighbourhood at least, are more likely to quit. That's not good at all.

Last edited:

Geminatrix

Soothsayer
good to know that the vast numbers of popular names spawning all over the place are mobile app defaults ... they somehow manage to apply to fellowships with gaps also but yeah otherwise no sign of life

Deleted User - 1634960

Some of these players will get the opportunity to change their name once they have Researched the Barracks. Others (those who have started through Facebook) will not get that option until it is added to the app (soon, we hope). Late in 2015, I had time to browse through the ranking table, and discovered that more than half had not reached 500 points. The big difference then was that they all had the opportunity to choose their own names. So yes, @Killiak these are all one-time players, many of whom will never come back.

DeletedUser3337

Late in 2015, I had time to browse through the ranking table, and discovered that more than half had not reached 500 points.

It is nice if one has interest in a game and time to learn about facts like this.
I for one, am not just curious about my own game, my own neighbourhood, my own Fellowship, but the whole game and the bigger picture.
And have plenty of time to spend to find out more about this game.
That is why I come to the forum, ask my question, to get insight and like the way you hand over the information (Rillian), very interesting.
I learned.

Thinking I am playing Sherlock Holmes with bad intentions and going into -not calm- defense mode is less attractive.

cwgiii

Shaman
There is an option to activate 'Allow automatic movement to better position'. Logically: If I move to a better position another account has to be moved to a worse one to make room.

Actually, I do not think that anyone is moved to a worse position. Mods please correct me if I am wrong, but the way I understand it is that as accounts are DELETED, that makes room for new cities or for cities that have opted in to be moved to a better location.

Accounts are only deleted under very specific circumstances (discussed above in this thread, IMHO this criteria could be broadened). AND folks are only move "up" if they "fit" (i.e. their boosted goods are the same as the open spot, there may be other criteria for this action). I don't know, but it would be interesting to see if that "fit" also includes the pattern for discovered provinces too, potentially disqualifying folks that started on the edge of a world from ever being moved to a better place.

Regardless, the percentage of openings matching with opted in accounts will be a smaller percentage than that vs. inactive accounts with those that wish to be moved "up".

Many folks have suggested many variants to the current method of account removal/replacement/movements. I think it has been made abundantly clear that Inno will not make any changes here.

DeletedUser5754

Can this be true? Or... is it a conspiracy? We need someone to investigate- any volunteers?

In RL if there are 3 'sets' with 3 options each, this gives 3x3x3=27 possible combinations. In Elvenar you never now whats true or not.I remember the 'great improvement' of the lighthouse, in RL-numbers it was not so great.

Conspiracy: Is that were people are trying to hide the truth even if the evidence is out in the open?

'We need someone to investigate- any volunteers?': Done, glad to help.

If there is an option to select 'move to better position' then:
1) Cities can be moved.
2) They keep track of activity (without it, there is no way to decide what is a better position).
3) Keeping track, they know exactly wich cities are inactive.
4) Since moving is an option, they can move the inactives to the edge.

But if the number of active neighbours has any effect on the growing speed of players in that hood, adding or removing inactives can be used to control growth. Conspiracy theory or just common sence?

DeletedUser5754

I'll use numbers instead of pictures, but it works the same.
111,112,113,121,122,123,131,132,133 9
211,212,213,221,222,223,231,232,233 9
311,312,313,321,322,323,331,332,333 9
9+9+9=27
This is a fact .

Now back on topic:
I've been playing for about a year, no app at that time, yet I have a lot of Namexxxx in the hood and around it. Although this is claimed to be a random thing, none of the names are the same.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser664

.... It would be most impressive if the person behind "ExubarantXXXX" actually finds the time to play all of those accounts.
You are assuming a single person is behind all of those ExubarantXXXX accounts. I find it more likely that either A) those are all different people, who got assigned a system generated name, or B) some individuals creating accounts looking for specific boosts. Both explains why there are so many accounts that have hardly any ranking points - the cities were never developed.
Basically, the gameworld has a lot of dead and useless accounts. Some of which might be used for pushing.

Is Inno going to take action? Or should we just smile and move along like this isn't a thing?
How do you push from an account that's still in the first chapter?

DeletedUser4149

there are plenty of push accounts that are past chapter one, 100s, at least. I could name dozens. look at some of the top fellowships and then look for people that spent 100 kp on a 24th level wonder and haven't even bothered to build an abyss. there's plenty of flagrantly push accounts out there in every one of your neighborhoods. there's probably even more dead cities from people who wanted to create push accounts, because they felt like they're at a disadvantage if they don't, and then realized that it wasn't worth their time and effort
th

Pauly7

Magus
I am less worried about all the new accounts that get abandoned immediately. I'm happy in the knowledge that these all get cleared away after a certain period of time, no matter how many there are.

What vexes me most is the more established games that have been abandoned. These seem to stay on the map forever more.

After I had been playing the game for about three months or so I got moved to a new area of the map. It was very exciting. Suddenly I was somewhere where almost everyone in my catchment area was active and trading. As an example, one such player who is nearly next door to me did the usual thing of deleting most of the buildings in his city and disappearing. I think he was in chapter 4 or 5. This happened in about August and that shell of a city still sits on the map.

So the problem is that of all these active cities one by one they started becoming inactive and my great area just went steadily downhill week by week and still continues to do so. At this point of my 230 or so discovered cities I would estimate that only maybe 20 or 30 are still active. Of the remaining 200 some of them are in the bracket discussed of abandoned new cities that get cleared away and replaced, but the much bigger majority now are dead established cities that sit there rusting away forever.

Will these cities ever be removed?

LazyTony

Sorcerer
I couldn't agree more Pauly. Imagine if even 50% of our neighbours were active. It would be a dream.

My impression is that any account that has bought diamonds never gets deleted, because Inno need to protect themselves from a player charging back those transactions (the money is recovered from the merchant, in this case Inno) as the services they paid for are no longer available. If this is the case, it could be cured by removing the inactive city, and placing it on the map again if it is ever logged into again.

cwgiii

Shaman
My impression is that any account that has bought diamonds never gets deleted

Correct, this is one qualifier that keeps a city around forever. The other is if a city has reached a certain chapter. I can't remember which, but it is like Chapter 5 or something. Once reached, that city stays forever as well, no matter what.

I wish Inno would revisit this policy, but it will never happen according to MANY threads out there. I simply cannot see a rational reason why an abandoned city (months on end) should be kept. IMHO

DeletedUser4149

i said the same thing here 4 days ago. they won't even delete cities that have clearly declared that they've quit by spelling that out in their city's name or with roads. my advice is to keep complaining and fill up the forum with tons of messages and likes until the game makers get the picture. If they can't delete them, they could at least move them all to the same area away from active cities. if they do decide to become active again, they could be moved again. the 3rd world is also decreasing the amount of players and activity in the other worlds that have players that have been dedicated to this game for longer. that didn't help.