• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Discussion Fellowship Adventures coming again - with changes!

DeletedUser219

Not quite sure why everyone is so down on the Merchants. Sure, the return is not huge, but is still better than a similar nonboosted Manufactory that would take at least twice as much space (and it covers two of them). Given that most of the Trades in my Trader are cross-Tier or otherwise poor trades, it is nice to have the added security of the merchants.

DeletedUser441

I just sold off my Travelling Merchants because the production rate was so poor it didn't justify the space they took up in my city. Three 3 x 2 . For another 2 squares I could build my 3rd tier boosted to it's max' and get a massive increase in production which would cover all the TMs production trading at 2 star giving 64 times the tier 1 goods , 16 times tier 2 and 4 times tier 3 , at least. :)

DeletedUser3781

I would have no problems with raising difficulty if the rewards also got better, but they didn't. :( How about adding KP instants or time instants to each waypoint?
Also, I wonder if it's not too hard for FSs made of small players. They may have problems getting the spells.

DeletedUser3985

• You will get new rewards for finishing the stages, including new Knowledge Points Instants. Also, top Fellowship will be able to gain rewards that haven't been given with the Fellowship Adventures yet!
Lol I read this as rewards that haven't been given out yet . What a disappointment.

Also, the FA quests are bugging out (unable to be clicked and sometimes disappearing altogether) and require a refresh. Pretty sure this bug was identified on the beta forums, wasn't it?

DeletedUser5722

This simply means that smaller FS don't have a chance at all for completion

This is my problem exactly.
We have a very small fellowship and we like it that way. We really enjoyed the last FA, it was a challenge and meant we needed to connect and talk with each other to get to the finish, but even with only a few members we at least had a chance.
This time we have all agreed that we will not even bother. We've looked at the list of path challenges and there is absolutely no way we could do what is required in the time available.
So we're not going to take part at all.
This feels so unfair to all the small fellowships there must be on elvenar, shame on whoever thought this one out. It doesn't work at all unless you're in a huge fellowship..
Good luck to everyone trying this. I have a feeling you're going to need it...

firerock

Enchanter
Also if you have to produce these magic scrolls, and lets face it you'll be doing more than 1 at a time, if you have 2 to collect, they would need to be of 2 different sorts and you'd need to have both the different quests up or you'd lose one of them, as you cant collect one at a time.
As other have said it seems like a waste of time for little reward. the rewards need to be 3 or 4 times that in KP to make it worthwhile.
Essentially just do the tournament, and you'll get more KP.
Perhaps even if the rewards were scaled on guest race, so that it was more appealing that would be good.

DeletedUser17

We have a very small fellowship and we like it that way. We really enjoyed the last FA, it was a challenge and meant we needed to connect and talk with each other to get to the finish, but even with only a few members we at least had a chance.
This time we have all agreed that we will not even bother. We've looked at the list of path challenges and there is absolutely no way we could do what is required in the time available.

My FS on beta is a medium sized one, but for the FA testing there, we had only 2 active members on browser, plus one on app only, who could help with trades. It was hard going but we made it to the end of stage 2, taking 1 path only on each stage. So it is possible :)
Here on en I am in a FS of 3 on Winyandor. We are attempting stage 1, though none of us has yet unlocked Magical Manufacturing, so no MM spells except from Tournament or NH. We're currently looking good for getting 3 MM spells from the Tournament rewards :)

Whether it is worth doing, for the rewards, is something that only the individual can decide. I would tend to agree with Horanda
Not quite sure why everyone is so down on the Merchants. Sure, the return is not huge, but is still better than a similar nonboosted Manufactory that would take at least twice as much space (and it covers two of them). Given that most of the Trades in my Trader are cross-Tier or otherwise poor trades, it is nice to have the added security of the merchants.

DeletedUser2233

hi a little feedback .About the spells .There are to many spells in the FA really .For the amount you get in the tournament .With creating them you should be able to take them out separately in stead of all of them together .

You dont get enough spells in tourney ,so the amount of spells is to much .I get it that the goods are gone .at least at stage 2 that is .
but the spells need to be more in the tourney just to get it a bit even .

KermitsDad

Alchemist
Produce Beverages 50 times + Produce Simple Tools 35 times
Yawn, Yawn & more Yawn's

As I said before:-
Are you dev guys really so incapable of providing something interesting for players to do ?
Clearly it's time you were retired and some new blood brought in.

Pauly7

Magus
So I need to add my voice to this. On the first two adventures we didn't complete the third round, but that was mostly because we weren't well organised enough and not enough members were putting enough in. There was also little incentive, particularly on the second adventure, seeing that the exact same adventure was being offered with the same fairly poor prize offerings.

When this one was announced it was potentially exciting again because there was talk of things being new. We have prepared pretty well. We have 25 members who are all fairly up for it. We planned in advance. We have a shared spreadsheet set up. We're not a big fellowship, but not a very small one either. We have a full roster of members, the majority of which have between 30k and 65k ranking points.

When it all started it became fairly disappointing again. It was actually the same thing again, just with three new badges thrown into the mix. The prize buildings are somehow even worse. Like people have said there's no real value to a travelling merchant. Nonetheless we can be a little bit spurred on by the thought of winning 60KP. This would exceed what we are currently winning as a team prize in the tournaments (though albeit still not as good as a decent tournament taking into account personal prizes).

The real kicker is the requirements for completion of this adventure. To get to the end we would need to be picking up around 80 blacksmith badges. As we are a fellowship not made up of big players (who will usually have more factories and workshops numerically) and we are not a group who has large amounts of spare space to build spare workshops, then almost everyone in the fellowship would need to be working around the clock on blacksmith badges just to get enough of those. I haven't even got my head around whether there is some technical possibility of doing all of them whilst also doing all the other workshop badges as well, not to mention large numbers of 1 day and 2 day goods requiring spells. The point is moot anyway because we don't have 25 people that are prepared to put enough of their heart and souls into thinking about a fellowship adventure 24/7 for 5 days. If there is any mathematical chance of completion then that is what would be required.

So that brings me back to the point about poor prizes. So much more goes into a fellowship adventure than goes into a regular quest or a tournament so if it is going to be made so tough then the prize offerings should be awesome and unique, not pitiful and worthless.

I've come to the conclusion that the only fellowships that will practically get through this are those that are a) made up of big players who are also able to devote big amounts of space to building spare factories or b) those that are prepared to spend a lot of diamonds on it.

I really didn't want to have to be negative, but I can see no upside. We all got involved and prepared really well, but at best the payout for all that is going to be 25KP. After round 2 I am going to call all the fellows off this and I can't see that we will even start the next adventure.

DeletedUser

The adventure only started yesterday 1 Feb, so why does my flag say I have 4d to finish.

Lelanya

Mentor
I've come to the conclusion that the only fellowships that will practically get through this are those that are a) made up of big players who are also able to devote big amounts of space to building spare factories or b) those that are prepared to spend a lot of diamonds on it.

I really didn't want to have to be negative, but I can see no upside. We all got involved and prepared really well, but at best the payout for all that is going to be 25KP. After round 2 I am going to call all the fellows off this and I can't see that we will even start the next adventure.
I still think that many are not getting the point. This is an opportunity to work together and get creative. To share real life talents and shine at leadership. To win prizes that are the newest type.

Sure it helps to be in guest races for these events. But the fact is a little sacrifice that will renew our cities is never out of order. Sometimes selling off stuff is the best way to move forward.

Killiak

Artisan
I still think that many are not getting the point. This is an opportunity to work together and get creative. To share real life talents and shine at leadership. To win prizes that are the newest type.

Sure it helps to be in guest races for these events. But the fact is a little sacrifice that will renew our cities is never out of order. Sometimes selling off stuff is the best way to move forward.

Newsflash; people don't like the rewards, nor the huge effort involved in winning poor prizes.

Good job missing everybody's point.

DeletedUser2233

In this event :
creation times are very long .So i miss the so called working together at this point a bit .
when we wanted different quests in every setting it does not mean we want longer creation times .Because it kills the working together part if every one is just a bit waiting till there 9 hours,1 day , 2 days badges are done .

So this one for me is not all that .Like i said before The spells are a nice edition but need to be sure that people can get them .And they are a lot in there .

DeletedUser3735

Since no one has come out and said this I will. Gaming is meant to be fun and clicking through 26 mouse clicks with a 2 to 4 second wait time between each click in order to reselect a badge is anything but. If you really want to chase the players away keep piling on the frustration guys.
Separating tools goods and spells selection would be a start

DeletedUser5284

Production times? 1 Magic Academy per person level 3. If you only produce Wands.
  • Magic Wand = 20 Hours per Wand = Max 5 per person = 5 Wands x 25 ACTIVE members = 125.
  • or Cost per Magical manufacturing = 63 Diamonds per Enhancement. [Maybe that is the Idea of this.]
Required for level 1 = 7 Yellow Path, 7 Blue Path, 7 Green Path.
Required for level 2 = 10 Yellow, 0 Blue, 10 Green Path.
Required for level 3 = 30 Yellow, 60 Blue, 45 Green Path. Total of 176 Wands for Adventure All paths.

Don't forget that Magic potions and Witches Hats also need to be produce at same time. But some of them can be obtained from the ScrollTournament.

I think the Adventure Quest have been killed for me. This is a slaughter, not an adventure.

You added 3 new quest objects, but you can't even give them a separate button on the left for us not have to scroll through 13 units to get to the one we need?
For that matter give us
  • ONE separate button for Workshop Productions,
  • ONE for 3 Tier Productions and
  • ONE for the new Academy Productions.
How difficult would it have been to add the separate buttons for us? Or didn't anyone think of it?
That would have been an Improvement. This Higher qty of longer productions is NOT an improvement. You just made it IMPOSSIBLE TO DO.

My challenge would have been to complete all paths, to get max Points per level. Now we can't even complete one path per level. Not for lack of trying.

So well done.

DeletedUser3781

Production times? 1 Magic Academy per person level 3. If you only produce Wands.
  • Magic Wand = 20 Hours per Wand = Max 5 per person = 5 Wands x 25 ACTIVE members = 125.
  • or Cost per Magical manufacturing = 63 Diamonds per Enhancement. [Maybe that is the Idea of this.]
Why can't you use tournament to get them?

DeletedUser5284

Tournament give you Power of Provision and Ensorcelled Endowment Enchantment, but not Inspiring Meditation or Magical Manufacturing.
Only other way is maybe through visiting and aiding friends, as a gift. And it will be a chance as you will not know which gift you will get so you might not have the right quest open for the gift that you receive. So it will be wasted.

DeletedUser3781

Inspiring Meditation is not needed for FA, and Magical Manufacturing is available in tournament, though admittedly in later stages/further provinces. I think it should be helpful enough to do one path... But if you want all paths, well I guess you have a point.