• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Fair Trades?

DeletedUser

this is a statement from "Marindor" in this forum.

An offer is considered “fair” when it meets the proper trading ratio: 1 vs 1 for any goods of the same Tier and 1 vs 4 for any goods with 1 Tier difference (so for example: 4 Marble for 1 Crystal).

in my neighborhood all, I repeat "all trades" are 4 to 1 for the same age. and or tier!

I am a FOE Player for almost 3 yrs now,guild Leader in 2 worlds, it's in my forum rules, fair trade to all members, booting offense to those who violate this rule, and yes,there has been drama over this rule.
my trader went up today, I see nothing but unfair trades,and this is posted in our forum.

I need to know,Is this a rule, Is this the law, Or is it casual . Chori, !!!!:confused:

DeletedUser47

I am in your neighborhood and have posted several 1:1 trades. So far they've generally been accepted. I think the reason you see all those "bad" offerings is that no one accepts the bad ones, so naturally they tend to collect. But there are some good trades some of the time. I'm still working on building up my manufacturing, so I don't have that many trades yet, but I am working on it.

DeletedUser

As I understand it, as long as trades are within the ratios of 4:1 and 1:4 they are deemed 'reasonable' and can be offered.
There are 3 tiers of goods; basic, crafted and magical. The goods within each tier are all worth the same, so a 1:1 trade is deemed 'fair'. This doesn't mean that a 2:1 trade is illegal, just that someone will be losing out.

Between tiers, the ratio of 4:1 is deemed 'fair' as higher tier goods are more expensive to produce than lower tiers. (Here a 1:1 would mean someone is losing out.)

Offers are rated by a star system, 0-3 from the perspective of the buyer. 0 stars means very expensive, 1 is somewhat expensive, 2 means fair, and 3 stars for a bargain.

If a player tries to put an offer that is 'unreasonable' (5:1) or worse, they are told it is not possible and they are asked if they'd like to offer a 4:1 trade instead.

Hopefully that helps clear up fair and reasonable trading.

DeletedUser14

Barti said it all about the ratings in the trading system :D

You can also check for the info on the wiki https://en.wiki.elvenar.com/index.php?title=Trader
I find it a bit odd that the trades you can find on the market are 4:1 for the same tier, as, like Fern, all my trades show up fair. Although most of them are indeed rated as expensive because the trader's fee it's applied. So even if the player placed a 1:1 offer the 50% extra will make it "unfair"
Maybe that is what is happening to you.:rolleyes: The offers you can see are from undiscoverd players and as such have the trader's fee applied ? No ? o_O

DeletedUser3

As this thread is asking about fair trades I have changed the title to reflect the subject of the thread :)

DeletedUser

Barti said it all about the ratings in the trading system :D

You can also check for the info on the wiki https://en.wiki.elvenar.com/index.php?title=Trader
I find it a bit odd that the trades you can find on the market are 4:1 for the same tier, as, like Fern, all my trades show up fair. Although most of them are indeed rated as expensive because the trader's fee it's applied. So even if the player placed a 1:1 offer the 50% extra will make it "unfair"
Maybe that is what is happening to you.:rolleyes: The offers you can see are from undiscoverd players and as such have the trader's fee applied ? No ? o_O
Oops I totally forgot the trader fee for undiscovered neighbours, but in my defence I was a little tipsy at the time.
There are also 'wholesalers' that give terrible rates.

DeletedUser23

What I do is swallow the trader fee myself. So I offer say 150 goods and ask for 100. As I'd only have to pay it if trading myself anyway and lose out on goods if/when others post what I want; or pay a lot more to the wholesaler. So I figure that I'll get more business if the end user gets fair trades.

DeletedUser

ok, I apologize I miss read,didn't know you could place unfair trades,and, I seen the dots in the trade for unfair or not,or, expensive,
Fern, I have 2 of each first set of goods running at 2,was planning on updating them ASAP
If you need them can have your planks tomorrow. Chori

DeletedUser23

I'm actually sick of seeing unfair trades now though. Most of the ones on my trader are asking for say 188 and offering 100 which is demanding 33 more than a fair trade would when factoring the trader fee. This is mostly the case for those who are demanding Steel, and probably because everyone who has Steel are offering fair trades so they're being awful and thinking "forget that I'll see if I can get more".

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Everyone is free to make what offers want,that why have the trade possibility,maybe some want to win something...that is in real life,if u go Carefull will take a bread with 15cent if u go on a street shop will take with 19cent....etc... :)
And be carefull if a neioghbor what u dont discover him yet u will pay trade taxex,and his offer from 1/1 will be automatic to 1/1.5 :)
Read the wiki :)

DeletedUser23

That's what I've said though.

I said that I'd factored in the trader fee, and those people were just trying to screw with others and getting more than a fair trade. I'm not asking for a change in the game; just moaning about people being people ;p

DeletedUser

I know,and I sayd everyone is free to put what offers want :),and yes not need to change the game if some people dont like the offers,dont accept and wait for other offers or make itself what offers want.