• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Discussion News from Beta (may contain spoilers!)

DeletedUser3466

Quick question: do you need to be playing the beta version to get access to the beta forum?

DeletedUser3182

I'm still confused about the reason for the change, apparently based on visiting neighbours. Inno 'strongly believes' that players don't just visit only for the rewards. How does this correlate to the goldmines, which seem to spawn every so often. On W until recently I counted 45 goldmines and 35 inactive cities out of 175 discovered provinces - now it's true the goldmines have been transformed into cities, but again most of those are abandoned, and with little activity shown beyond the occasional upgrade (still waiting) and a couple of residences.

Why on earth would I visit a city that is merely a name just for the heck of (and one often that I can't even click on because the player upgraded the MH and then lefty) ? Maybe the reason players don't visit more than ten or so cities above and beyond their FS, is because it's time consuming, click happy and of little benefit except to gain a small reward, or a return visit.

Shamy said: 'Most players will be better off with the new system. This is an undeniable fact. I understand that people have their opinion , their beliefs, and there expectations, but the hard cold facts are that the overwhelming majority of players do less than 25 NH per day"
I do wish people wouldn't use stock phrases in the hopes of closing down discussion. Of course it is not an undeniable fact, many players have denied that they are better off - it's not even provable that 'most players' will be better off under the new system, because you cannot predict what 'will' happen once implemented, you can only run simulations and hope. It is also based on rather shaky and unverified statistics, if what some players have postulated.

lilysmall quote Everyone knows that the crystal lighthouse is basically useless Aw to have after dwarves get over it trade it in Why have you hung on to it you can only gather so much boosted product anyways once the cap is set
Another person who turns a personal opinion into a set global understanding. No, everyone doesn't know this, I would surmise that very few actually know it. I'm in Fairies and I still have it and until these changes, it was very useful.

If one uses your premise, why do tournaments once you reach the percentage limit for relic boost on goods. According to you, it is a useless pursuit, do you advise that everyone now stop doing tournaments?

I like the lighthouse, and I don't agree it takes too much room to switch off early; oh and is that two or three AWs you personally dislike?

Your game may be about progress, mine is about enjoyment even if I am stuck and can't 'progress'. Tip for beginners; play the game your way, not how someone else wants you to.

DeletedUser2452

Big big change in battles !! Beware ...your diffculties is coming

recent change in beta
It's now possible to encounter enemies with less than 4 squads to make the encounters more diverse

you may have less than 4 squad enemy , may be 3 or 2 or 1 squad
enemy soldier are now packed together ( more dense ) instead of diverse

It may results an impossible battle to win

Jackluyt

Shaman
Here is a peek at the Halloween event that just started in Beta World - for those of you who do not have a Beta city.
There is also a link to our Event Guide which will soon have all the information you need!
If you want to see more news videos like this, give it a 'Like' and 'Subscribe' on YouTube.
:)
You are welcome to share it with friends fellowship and neighbors .

Jackluyt

Shaman
When will I be allowed to post the Halloween Event video in the Discussion section please?
There are a lot of people who would like to watch it!

DeletedUser2554

Any dates for live worlds yet people on this Halloween event?

DeletedUser3182

Just seen the tasks for the Hallowe'en event. If it is true that one of the task will be to upgrade a building to level 20 or research one technology - I think I'll pass. The prizes for the tasks are uninspiring and hardly worth the effort. If one is in dwarves or fairies, then it might not be possible to research a technology, I am often stuck for several days waiting for enough night essence in fairies to research. It is not possible to upgrade a building to level 20 below orcs, from what I can see.

Why on earth would I work my way through, having to build non-boosted manufactories yet again and more mind-numbing tasks, just to find I'm unable to complete Task 20.

DeletedUser3542

is it even worth posting anything from Beta ?? as it seems often ( it's not over till the fat lady sings ) as it's been pointed out before that because it happened on Beta it's not a guarantee it will be so on the live servers.. things can change even after the event has finished as we have seen, so for me i'll wait and see how it goes and not how it might be but was :)

DeletedUser3182

is it even worth posting anything from Beta ?? as it seems often ( it's not over till the fat lady sings ) as it's been pointed out before that because it happened on Beta it's not a guarantee it will be so on the live servers.. things can change even after the event has finished as we have seen, so for me i'll wait and see how it goes and not how it might be but was :)

What is the point of doing an event for miniscule rewards, involving a lot of effort and my most hated task of XX 5 min supplies - if it means I cannot know if you can finish it, thus not getting the main prizes. I cannot solve 17 encounters (no relics this time and the tournament doesn't count) because I need orcs and I am at fairies and not likely to get to orcs before the end; thus there is no point in my doing it. Should I keep my non-boosted goods, taking up valuable space, if I do not know if they will be needed again - or sell them and take a hit and then have to rebuild them at some point in the event? These are planning strategies that are helped by the beta reports.

What is the point of beta - is it worth even playing the event there, if it means that what is done is not going to be fairly reliable. Or, if Inno decide to change something not only after an event goes live, but after the live event finishes?

Jackluyt

Shaman
is it even worth posting anything from Beta ?? as it seems often ( it's not over till the fat lady sings ) as it's been pointed out before that because it happened on Beta it's not a guarantee it will be so on the live servers

In all the time I have been doing Guides based on Beta Events, I can only think of one example where there was a minor difference.
The overwhelming majority of the Events were identical on all servers...

Jackluyt

Shaman
Here is the EPL guide for the Halloween Event

https://www.facebook.com/notes/elve...-27-october-till-9-november/1937214279867284/

22815400_10210347646268145_2233649414554683134_n.jpg

The 32 quests have all been verified by my Beta fellowship - but note that there is no guarantee that all of the quests in the live world will be identical - though this was invariably the case in previous Events.

You are welcome to share this link with all your friends and neighbors.
'Copy' is not recommended - because I am continually adding and updating it...

All suggestions and corrections are very welcome!
:)

Best,
J

Jackluyt

Shaman
It is a shame that we are not allowed to post the Event Strategy guide in the Discussion section. There are hours of work that go into these guides and the accompanying videos, for the benefit of all players of Elvenar - and now they are getting lost in a thread that few people ever visit.
They really ought to be more clearly visible!

cwgiii

Shaman
It is a shame that we are not allowed to post the Event Strategy guide in the Discussion section. There are hours of work that go into these guides and the accompanying videos, for the benefit of all players of Elvenar - and now they are getting lost in a thread that few people ever visit.
They really ought to be more clearly visible!

I agree Jack. Is this the best place to look for them? I am not on Facebook for various reasons (I know, one of the few). And I noticed that Crazywizzard (my mainstay resource) does not seem to be updating his website for events these days (might have left the game). Thus It is harder to get information to be prepared for the events. And like most folks, I do not see a way to finish the events without prior knowledge of the tasks so that planning can be done to strategically time game activities like production, building improvements, scouting, etc.

Work done by folks like ya'll on the beta servers is very much appreciated by the rest of us.

DeletedUser5091

I agree Jack. Is this the best place to look for them? I am not on Facebook for various reasons (I know, one of the few). And I noticed that Crazywizzard (my mainstay resource) does not seem to be updating his website for events these days (might have left the game). Thus It is harder to get information to be prepared for the events. And like most folks, I do not see a way to finish the events without prior knowledge of the tasks so that planning can be done to strategically time game activities like production, building improvements, scouting, etc.

Work done by folks like ya'll on the beta servers is very much appreciated by the rest of us.

You can always use www.gamersgemsofknowledge.com. They are quite good to update their site and to guide you through events. I use this for the Halloween event and it have already saved me a lot of waiting time.