• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

I'm proud of my fellowship

Tonton-des-bois

Illusionist
Hi all,

The first adventure just finished in Arendyll, YouTOPIA ended 2nd.
We fighted foot-to-foot, work against diamonds and managed to stay in the top 3 all the event long.
No need to tell you how the winners ended ranked 1st, just visit their cities and you'll understand by yourself, this isn't the point of this message... The point is that we went from surprise to surprise thanks to all our fellows work, each doing his best, the bigs and the little, from the first to the last second. I wouldn't have bet a peanut on us before this... o_O

We got two rewards out of those we got with the event : we had a real and exciting experience we never shared before in this game and even 37th in the global ranking, we made the "Golden Visa" FS sweat and waste tons of diamonds to stay around us... Just imagine buying more than 200 badges in less than 10min :p
The last 15min were pure madness :D

Thank you Alcaro for the spreadsheet idea and first version and for all the work done in your medium city,
Thank you Fyrfyrdar for helping us to prepare this event a bit, for doing a lot of organizational work, before and during it and for the loads of breweries, treants, etc
Thank you Mattmoo23, Apollyon, Cambiel, Zlo421, MJC1968, jc0508 for all the badges you did
Thank you all the others who managed to put their brick into the building, I won't annoy you naming them all but they all deserved their Egg and time speeder...

The last picture of our family album for this event :
Image11.png

Our new fan-club :;)
FeN4bcg3TUGwfwrnvUsTyQ.png

They did a nice job too by-the-way ! Thumb up !

The only weak point for this first adventure : each of those who paticipated to the final sprint had 3 stream errors in less than 9min, we were too fast for the game :eek: :p

edit : a poem from Sammidis that I found this morning in our mails... She lives in Australia and she woke up just in time to sit in the arena beside our archi and watch the last minutes. So, this is a crucial testimony from a direct witness who assisted to the event...
Proud
Twas the night after FS adventures, when all through the house,
Not a fellow is stirring, not even a mouse;
The badges had been placed with precision and care,
In the hopes that the #1 ranking would soon be theirs;
By now most fellows are snug in their beds,
Nightmarish of BS badges but dreaming of polished eggs;
That we came 2nd is an achievement to be sure,
Against dragons with diamonds we couldn’t do more;
The final countdown was intense and a treat,
Such a strong fellowship will not admit defeat;
We fought to the end and boy were we loud,
Of our fellowship we couldn’t be more proud...

Last edited:

DeletedUser2452

2 reward ? is that more than 2

1. you collect rank 2 reward
2. a show of some FS spending diamond < how they rocket up >
3. force other FS to use their credit card
4. well team-work that never experience and found
5. a prove your have a good FS
6. The adventure to rank 1...slight drawback drop to rank 2
...etc

DeletedUser3988

It would be nice to see it somewhere afterwards. It might also be useful for Fellowships to review their previous rankings at the start of the next Adventure to help with strategy.

DeletedUser4601

Congrats for coming 2nd. We came 53rd and we are pleased with that. Good considering at the beginning we had not idea what were doing and closed the stage off too soon. Look out next time lol

Tonton-des-bois

Illusionist
I've added a poem from one of our fellows...

Where do you find the FA Ranking ?
We took some screens during the last hours for our family album ;-)

2 reward ? is that more than 2

1. you collect rank 2 reward
2. a show of some FS spending diamond < how they rocket up >
3. force other FS to use their credit card
4. well team-work that never experience and found
5. a prove your have a good FS
6. The adventure to rank 1...slight drawback drop to rank 2
...etc
You're true ;)

It would be nice to see it somewhere afterwards. It might also be useful for Fellowships to review their previous rankings at the start of the next Adventure to help with strategy.
I agree :)

Congrats for coming 2nd. We came 53rd and we are pleased with that. Good considering at the beginning we had not idea what were doing and closed the stage off too soon. Look out next time lol
Thanks... True, even with some tips from beta players, some mistakes were done (you feel so bad when you collect a part of the last necklace everybody is waiting without selecting the right quest), luckily without consequence, but this adventure was... an adventure :p

Deleted User - 384643

Congrats on your fellowships second place, tonton-des-bois!
An incredibly impressive display of unity and teamwork.
I especially love how dragons of pern had to spend a load of diamonds to stay ahead of you guys. :p

DeletedUser2233

i think i should be more proud then .Wonder what would happen if u can not buy :cool: we came in 10 th and we did not buy .Shows you how proud i am .:cool::D but again it proves only that buyers win the biggest price wonder how hard it was to push the buy button ahaahha was it heavy ?

Tonton-des-bois

Illusionist
Congrats on your fellowships second place, tonton-des-bois!
An incredibly impressive display of unity and teamwork.
I especially love how dragons of pern had to spend a load of diamonds to stay ahead of you guys. :p
Thanks a lot ;)

i think i should be more proud then .Wonder what would happen if u can not buy :cool: we came in 10 th and we did not buy .Shows you how proud i am .:cool::D but again it proves only that buyers win the biggest price wonder how hard it was to push the buy button ahaahha was it heavy ?
Alas, some will never understand the expression "fair challenge" :(
Of course I'm not sad for us but for them : when they just passed time sending some cash to inno to change some data in the game database, we spent hours of excitement, chating like peeps, making plans, rolling on the ground when some suggested some would "eliminate" sea urchins in the other camp and lot of other stupid jokes... :p

Last edited:

DeletedUser2233

please explain what is fair about buying ? the ones with the deepest pockets will win ? what is fair that a fs worked there but of and another just buys it ? witch ones proof them self more :) the ones working for it till the very last minute or just push a button ? . .. mmm nope i think im proud lol srry :p

I hope inno will remove the buying option .We had fun yes plotting and and working together , like that for sure it was all in good fun ,But i wonder if they want to repeat it how manny of those fs will keep playing if they can not win , just go collect there prizes cause the rest is just a waste of time .

should we really have a list of buyers or a list of players that do like to rumble for the top .But on equality of work ;) maybe u do plan better then us but we never know for sure cause u bought the game.Whats the fun in that ? Eventually this will bleed to death .

Last edited by a moderator:

Tonton-des-bois

Illusionist
I must confess that, after all the work we did, thinking that only the second rank will be accessible as long as there will be a "blue" button made me reconsidering our potential participation to a further adventure... If some want to fill their cities with magical residences or workshop, no problem, it won't deprive anyone of something, same for the events, there are prizes for all... but in this case, there is only 1 first prize and if someone can buy it, there is no more interest in the competition...

DeletedUser960

I am very proud of my fellowship. :)
I want to say THANK YOU, INNO for giving us such an exciting event.
The last week was the one I had the most fun in this beautiful game since serverstart.

Before Adventures began I didn´t think of second ranking place. I expected us to make a good place, 5 to 15, anything like that. But we soon had first ranking place, alternating with second and third.
YouTOPIA buzzed of activity, even more than before. (And I really wish we had a game-internal forum like I´m used to from other Inno-Games :/ to coordinate more effectively.)
So serious work began, our goal had to be first place, not any good place anymore. And for sure not only me didn´t get enough sleep the whole week. Doing this once a month is too much for me. :p

The rewards were not good enough. I didn´t do it for buildings that are not worth enough nor for the instants. But I could see a minimal chance to win the Adventures, provided some other fellowship would sleep or run out of money, what was not probable.
In the end we threw all our badges into a pit 15 minutes before finish and I´m glad, we did it early enough, so we had enough time to get rid of them when stream errors began reloading the game. And we had enough time to watch what competitors did.
Though not really expecting to make first place, those were the most exciting 15 minutes in this game ever. :D

Thanks very much to my fellowship YouTOPIA. :)

Congratulations to all fellowships who managed to get a good place without using diamonds !!!

DeletedUser441

I play this for fun :). Spending power benefits the rich in all aspects of life. Rank has nothing to do with my enjoyment of this game. If I quit because I couldn't be #1 in anything I'd have given up on life a long time ago. Imagine all those 100/200 m races where Mr Bolt (at his best) lined up for the race alone because nobody could compete with him.

DeletedUser4540

The first adventure just finished in Arendyll, YouTOPIA ended 2nd.
We fighted foot-to-foot, work against diamonds and managed to stay in the top 3 all the event long.
congrats guys, and next time you might get 1st. now all the top 10 in the ranking system should start working on getting some of the players from the top FS then the event will be a bit more balanced

DeletedUser2233

Ton ton congratulations with you're second place ,but it should be first .;) buying is not the option to go .And i am srry if i had misread you .because i did actually lol i should read better before commenting will just eat my words now .I wonder how many fs did buy there comp.Since u did not and we did not first place did .

DeletedUser441

I am also proud of my fellowship (myself) :D. I completed one trail , green (easiest/cheapest), and quit. The costs in goods and time were too expensive for the awards. I cannot understand people who paid to complete it :confused: :rolleyes: o_O :p

DeletedUser960

Ton ton congratulations with you're second place ,but it should be first .;) buying is not the option to go .And i am srry if i had misread you .because i did actually lol i should read better before commenting will just eat my words now .I wonder how many fs did buy there comp.Since u did not and we did not first place did .

Thank you, Dyliecky, taking your congrats, though I am not Tonton, but same fs.
In fact part wrote today cause I had a vage thought, you could have misread and wanted to clarify it.
Wanted to write yesterday, but needed a day of regeneration. :D

I am also proud of my fellowship (myself) :D. I completed one trail , green (easiest/cheapest), and quit. The costs in goods and time were too expensive for the awards. I cannot understand people who paid to complete it :confused: :rolleyes: o_O :p

Congrats to you for completing one path :p and then quitting. A one-man-fs can´t play this to the end.
To your former post: In fact I said it was the most fun I ever had in this game. I play for fun, and ranking can be additional fun. But people are different and thats good so. Only wanted to say, when first place would not have been in - somewhat distant - reach I / we would have had lots of fun too, but slept more. :)

DeletedUser441

Well done to your fellowship for being organised enough come 2nd. I just don't want more useless (to me) buildings and instants of any kind. Age has taught me patience and how to conserve energy without needless waste.:) ;) Expansions as rewards might change my mind :D.