• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Summer Event: March of the Herds

DeletedUser3097

I'm new,at the start of chapter 2,no research of crystal,silk yet,and I was asked to pay 100 crystals as a quest.I guess that's it for me,summer event over...:(

Can you try trading for it?

In today's Q & A, Timon and Nike said they were making a note that some of these 'paying goods' quests made it too hard for newer players and so in future it is likely this would be different.

Don't forget you can still get sugar beet from daily tasks and so you can still continue with the event in this way. If not, continue building your city and when the next event happens,you will be able to participate more. :cool:

alsael

Enchanter
I can trade,but the amounts are crazy,e.g 100 crystals for 600 steel,and I guess next quest will be silk...daily quests and gathering from surroundings the 2 options,at least to unlock the 1st building....

DeletedUser3097

One of my cities is also experiencing the same but I have decided to concentrate on the non-event quests as those are better for me at this moment.

Also, if you don't manage to obtain the event buildings you hoped for during this event, the more popular ones are often offered again in later events.

event_sumsol2016_sun_codex.png

For example, the sun codex.

cwgiii

Shaman
I can trade,but the amounts are crazy,e.g 100 crystals for 600 steel

Don't forget that you can post your own asking combinations and amounts. You don't have to rely on what simply shows up. I have honestly can't remember a situation where I did not have one of my "even" trades (2 star level) taken within 24 hours. You never know when a new player is going to show up to replace an inactive player within your discovered portion of the world map and they may be more willing to trade than existing neighbors.

Tonton-des-bois

Illusionist
Q68.png

Q68 requires me to gain 909K supplies... that's 60% of my storage ability and I would need 135 times 5min cycles using all my 18WS without spells or NH bonus... that's 11h15min non-stop if I can collect them and restart the prods instantly...
What are they doing in Germany at playtime ? They take pickaxes and have fun in some salt mine ? :p
mdr.gif

Not sure i will try Q96 to Q98...:eek:

DeletedUser3542

Looking at these tasks they set for you on this event, it makes me wonder if my boss is moonlighting for Inno as he often expects the impossible too. btw if he's ever found inside one of the tanks of liquid nitrogen we use, I didn't do it. ;):p

m4rt1n

Adept
Crazy, I'm wiped out of everything but coins after passing 65 on chapter 5, just had to pay 9,300 tier 3 goods.

Also I'm having to try and rush through as it is not on the app and my annual camping trip starts next weekend.

I tried the suggestion of the puffin browser to play the game but just get a message that unfortunately there is no app after loading... leaving me puzzled. I am trying on ios10 though.

DeletedUser3639

Felyndral: I came to the task No. 30, which is asked to pay 2450 elixirs.
I can not believe it's okay, and that it's appropriate for this server.
Please check to see if it's okay.
The rest of the felowships say they should pay 600 elixirs.
What is it about?

http://prntscr.com/fvek9i

DeletedUser3639

O God, what stupidity,

Instead of stimulating me to progress, and to discover new technologies, I feel penalized by the degree of research.
Where is the logic ?!

By opening a new chapter, scouting and negotiations are cheaper, is not it logical that the share in the payment task is cheaper?

God, which foolishness from the developer has designed such settings of the game.
Fuj, I'm playing badly

DeletedUser3639

Or is a stupid, or disgusting, or not a concept about the game and is guided by an erroneous ranking system.
The price of payments is determined by development, without taking into account production, ie that daily production is rather limited,
Further, the difference in the development between the one who just opens a chapter and the one who is in the end is a few months of active play.
Means you are being punished because you are developing well :)
Nonsense.
The game should be a joy and enjoy in it, and with this more frustration than satisfaction, especially because in some task we do not depend on our capabilities or qualities of the game, but on the position on the board that we did not choose,

Timneh

Artisan
The price of payments is determined by development, without taking into account production, ie that daily production is rather limited,
Further, the difference in the development between the one who just opens a chapter and the one who is in the end is a few months of active play.
Means you are being punished because you are developing well :)
Nonsense.
The game should be a joy and enjoy in it, and with this more frustration than satisfaction, especially because in some task we do not depend on our capabilities or qualities of the game, but on the position on the board that we did not choose,

They also do not take into account that just because a player has reached a certain chapter they might not have upgraded everything to the max level. I am in orcs chapter which means that my workshops could be up to lvl 21 but they are in fact only at lvl 16. I have only got them at lvl16 because i did not need more supplies so they would be a waste. It seems that players get punished for not going fast enough as well as going too fast.
Events used to be fun but not anymore, if they don't change things i think this might be the last one i take part in.

Tonton-des-bois

Illusionist
Be reasonable... adapting the requirements to chapter is rather fair... they can't check thousands of accounts to see who has upgraded this or that and how many buildings they have.... and even only checking the tech progression, that's not because you researched an upgrade that you have already upgraded your factories... :confused:

This event is supposed to be a challenge somewhere... a reward imply some kind of effort :D

DeletedUser3639

Be reasonable... adapting the requirements to chapter is rather fair... they can't check thousands of accounts to see who has upgraded this or that and how many buildings they have.... and even only checking the tech progression, that's not because you researched an upgrade that you have already upgraded your factories... :confused:

This event is supposed to be a challenge somewhere... a reward imply some kind of effort :D

What you're talking about has nothing to do with reason, the game is based on the addiction to co-players and neighbors.

Every new opening of the chapters, informs and that the scout and negotiations are cheaper,
And guided by that logic, instead of being more rewarded by more advanced players,

And you still have very little, that is, no influence on who is in your neighborhood and how many neighbors you have at all.
It is pointless to set tasks that are not only difficult, but simply unfeasible.
And they do not check manually who is at what level of knowledge, the script does it in a maximum of a minute,
The game should be fun and relaxing, and this is disgusting, frustrating and stressful

And the trader, you take 50% for your service, another pointless slowing down of the player, why they did not do it by some degree, and depending on the distance, increase the percentage of the dealer to max 30%

I play the game for more than a month, and at the beginning I liked the help system and the possibilities of progressing through the game, but as far as I'm playing, I notice that the game is turning more and more against the player,
I do not know why I play this game at all,
It's totally stupid, maybe because I'm a fool

m4rt1n

Adept
Ok, the amounts required are severe and impossible for many below chapter 3, but I'm well through chapter 5 and to ask to solve 24 then 26 encounters using up everything then sting with huge amounts of goods t2 then absolutely stupid amounts of t3 goods looking at the info provided means I'm close to quitting the event and the game. The developers already penalise me for being British with the huge price hikes (Only for Britain) despite me voting to stay part of the EU.

I go on vacation like most people at this time of year, so was happy when the app came out, for about 3 minutes....
Also I cannot continue on the event because the app does not allow it, so why bring out the app at all. :(

Last edited:

DeletedUser3542

I know most of you find this event a bigger challenge than expected and frustrating also very expensive in time and resources, i do too and decided a while back to ignor it and just continue as i was building up my city. We would all like it to be much easier but then where is the satisfaction you get from completing something thats made you sweat and cuss along the way if it's too easy. I realized this event is not a must do part of the game in order to reach my goals but just a bonus so it's not worth getting all in a twist over. I have played a much bigger game online for over 4 years and its full of challenges that make you work your butt off to complete and i love when i manage to do it, but over the last year or so due to too many people fussing about how hard this and that is and letting it get to them, they decided to give the users what they wanted and now the game is just a shadow of its old self and i feel there is nothing there now that i can't beat so it's lost a lot of it's glamour for me as i think it's pointless going into battles i know i'll win everytime. I do agree with a lot said here and understand how it gets to you inside but i for one hope they will make sure the next big event like this is designed to give you good rewards and a lot of fun along the way without having their customers pulling out their own hair and spitting teeth, i'm sure if the company i work for had this effect on our regular customers we would soon be out of business and all of us looking for new employment . They need to sit up and take on board in a lot of whats been said in this event thread and wake up and realize they didn't really think it through properly. ok now for me it's back to the game and i'll remember it's meant to be a fun way to relax after work and not let it get to me and i hope you all can find the fun and get back to enjoying the game without letting a bonus event ruin it for you..have a good day all.

Poacher.

Timneh

Artisan
I am not really too concerned about the amount of goods they want us to pay (although they are stupidly high) i am more concerned about the amount of supplies they want us to gain and also what are we supposed to do with these hundreds of thousands of supplies? You can't use them to buy KP so all i can do is sink them into the wholesaler but Inno do not like us using the wholesaler. I can use a small amout of them on upgrades and producing certain items needs supplies but nowhere near the amount that the quests call for. Why do Inno complain about us doing something and then give us tasks that make doing that thing necessary ?
On the last live Q&A they said they are looking at bringing new quests to the events so hopefully we will not get as many of these idiot requirements in future.

sunrae

Soothsayer
This is the first event I have all but given up on - in principle and in practise. I have a new city on F and 2 established cities on W and A and my question is why are we being taxed? What are we getting in return for our tax?o_O

If I have to pay vast amounts of goods, supplies and gold for quests then surely the right thing to do would be to make it a trade. For instance, pay a ridiculous amount of crystal and you will in return receive some scrolls. Pay a stupid amount of marble and receive an amount of steel. They don't have to make it equal, but perhaps slightly better than the wholesaler.
They want us to trade, we want to trade, why aren't these quests trades???

I don't want to be taxed in my fantasy world or perhaps they are planning to send round little goblin dustbin collectors, build a free hospital for our wounded soldiers or create a police force to keep the orcs in check :D