• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Summer Event: March of the Herds

Muf-Muf

Elvenar Team
Dear Humans and Elves,

Please use this thread to discuss the upcoming event: March of the Herds. We're looking forward to your feedback!

Kind regards,
Your Elvenar Team

m4rt1n

Adept
The buildings look very nice. :)

I'm just wondering if it will be available to play on the app as my summer hols start mid way through the event so that would be my only way of completing it.

DeletedUser3032

if you can login to the same account and play it on the app then it should be possible to. I presume the main quests show up? if so it's likely the event ones will too.

DeletedUser3097

The buildings look very nice. :)

I'm just wondering if it will be available to play on the app as my summer hols start mid way through the event so that would be my only way of completing it.
Unfortunately, at the moment it isn't possible to play events on the app.

What will we still implement?
(Of course we will also implement new features that we're developing for the browser version into the app, so this is a non-ordered, non-exhaustive list.)
  • Neighborly Help, which will also include:
    • Visiting neighbors
    • Notifications
    • Player portrait
  • Sounds and music
  • Guest Race Goods overview
  • Fellowships
  • Chat and Messages
  • Ranking
  • Inventory
  • Events and quest line events
  • Tournaments
  • Ancient Wonders (effects from Ancient Wonders in your city are already being applied)
  • Spells and the Magic Academy (effects from Spells active in your city are already applied, but are not yet visualized).

m4rt1n

Adept
Thanks for the info, but that is a shame. Surely it would be easy to add the 2 extra quest lines to the app as the space is already there when you click on the quests on the app like it was made for such events.

Other things are already added to the app from the list like sounds, collecting from "Gold Mines" and inventory. :)

DeletedUser487

It would be good if you could specify the start time in the announcements :rolleyes:

DeletedUser1345

Overall I appreciate these events, however for those players in the highest chapters of the game, if the culture buildings given as rewards do not give mana, the rewards are of little use.

So, do any of the culture buildings in this event give mana?

DeletedUser1345

It appears that this event does not have any mana generating buildings. However, there are several that produce powerful troops (temporarily). And there are a few combo structures that produce population and culture. Please see the following link from CrazyWizard:

http://crazywizard.info/en/event_march_of_the_herds_2017_rewards.html

Thanks for the link, Cwgiii ( and thanks to CrazyWizard too ).

On the plus side, I do like the farmy, rural look of many of these buildings.

On the downside, a building with an effect that lasts only 5 days after placement is hardly worth the trouble to acquire.

The other bulidings seem to be a slight improvement on the standard culture or culture/population bonus, which is fine....but makes almost no practical difference in the game itself, as far as I can see.

I don't know why the devs. won't spare a few crumbs off their table for the poor starving players who are barely hanging-on when it comes to city space, mana production, guest-goods production ....and the various other genuinely difficult aspects of the game.

DeletedUser3970

Hi, just spent 140 beets on the large chest and supposedly received 20 hard rock candy which I can see in the window 20/250 and the Fruitful Fields which I cannot find in my inventory or my available buildings...now am I doing something wrong or have I just wasted 140 beets???...I did the same on my parallel world, won exactly the same and NO fruitful fields..just the candy.
Thank you.

cwgiii

Shaman
Hi, just spent 140 beets on the large chest and supposedly received 20 hard rock candy which I can see in the window 20/250 and the Fruitful Fields which I cannot find in my inventory or my available buildings...now am I doing something wrong or have I just wasted 140 beets???

This has been a common issue in the past. Don't fret, you have your prize. You probably just need a refresh to get it to show up. Try closing the screen and opening back up (login in again). If this does not fix the issue, I would then try the age old clearing of the browser cache. If the issue persists, then I would open a help ticket.

cwgiii

Shaman
The other bulidings seem to be a slight improvement on the standard culture or culture/population bonus, which is fine....but makes almost no practical difference in the game itself, as far as I can see.

As a few others have mentioned in other threads, events like there really benefit newer plays more than established players. Even though the benefits are tiered by the chapter that you are in when acquired, they are not specifically geared to that chapter (i.e. no mana for those in the age of Woodelves). Still, it is a bit of distraction for those that choose to participate, and the structures are nifty to see. As always, players just need to weigh space vs.benefit when choosing which structures to go for / build.

DeletedUser3970

Thank you cwgiii, closing down my browser and then reopenning it did the trick, I found the reward under inventory/summonings.

DeletedUser2808

Not liking the "pay a decent amount of marble/steel/planks " thing at all - makes it hugely difficult to find the resources to upgrade,negotiate or trade with if you have to spend them on a quest ! Will this be a feature every day ?

cwgiii

Shaman