• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Answered CHARMING TREE - appeal to reinstate questline reward

DeletedUser3446

New
I am so frustrated .. /wry grin .. i planned and completed all the 21 steps to be able to summon the 'charming tree' for both my cities on both Arendyll and Winyandor .. i waited till i had sufficient space in my human city on Aren. before i summoned the tree .. it put up my culture to well over 170% which was excellent, and gave the option for NH to double the very healthy bonus of 740 etc .. many times better than a holy codex or a deli butcher for a very good value 12sq space usage ..

THEN i get this '150% NH' quest .. i realise that having just summoned the tree i am sooo far over 170% with a NH bonus too .. that the only way to complete this quest is to SELL the tree .. thinking i can RE-SUMMON later when quest completed .. because selling the other diam purchased culture items i built returns no diamonds at all ..[which i feel is wrong, you should at least get half .. IF NOT THE TOTAL COST of the diamonds back due to the horrendous cost in the first place] ..

*[SEE EDIT BELOW] - it didn't say anywhere that the tree was a ONE-TIME SUMMON .. i had wrongly or naively assumed it was an optional ability we had gained .. NOT effectively a spell .. when i am ready to re-summon the tree i see to my horror that now no option exists .. i am so depressed that i have gone through the whole questline only to unknowingly lose the option because NOWHERE does it say ' THIS IS A ONE-TIME ONLY SUMMON ' ..

let this be a useful piece of intel for all players tempted to make the same mistake i did .. and i'm hoping i might appeal to have my summon reinstated just once with the info. now known that it's a one-time only summon ..and that this info. should be printed very obviously in the details of this item ..

========================================================================
EDIT - in the process of checking that my facts were correct .. i have with regret just noticed the VERY small ' x1 ' on my other city's unused as yet summons .. my appeal for reinstatement still stands, but i acknowledge if i'd looked closer, it was shown to be one-time only summoning ..
=======================================================================

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser3097

well now .. i can very happily report that the support team have given my sad situation some very kind and courteous consideration indeed and yes, reinstated as a one-time deal, my hard earned 'Charming Tree'

i can only say that i am very impressed, and that much kudos and goodwill goes to Eamany, senior moderator .. for his / her merciful decision to reverse my mistake AND the speedy response time [pretty much immediately] it took for action .. i have found in many, but not all, game support teams out there that such common sense is rare .. and credit should be given where it is due ..

SKYLR - i can only recommend you get your member to submit a ticket on his/her situation by using the support link [top left, forum main listings page] .. so that the team can look into the situation and rectify any problems or explain why the reward didn't appear .. [assuming kingor's suggestion above is not the case]

i'm sure you will get satisfaction or understand why there was a problem .. and good fortune go with you and your guy / girl ../grin

Glad your tree is back!

DeletedUser441

Dear Elvenar Team .
I have sold a number of culture buildings that cost diamonds. Any chance of reimbursement ? ;) :)

DeletedUser3446

Dear Elvenar Team .
I have sold a number of culture buildings that cost diamonds. Any chance of reimbursement ? ;) :)

this is something i too believe should be amended or changed .. with the cost of diamonds being so high, if you need to upgrade or change buildings bought soley with diamonds .. some form of refund in part, or even total, should be forthcoming .. to just lose the culture seems too harsh ..

DeletedUser3032

this is something i too believe should be amended or changed .. with the cost of diamonds being so high, if you need to upgrade or change buildings bought soley with diamonds .. some form of refund in part, or even total, should be forthcoming .. to just lose the culture seems too harsh ..

When deleting those buildings, I believe they should go back into your inventory for possible use later. Would save Inno hassle having to reimburse everyone for each individual building they delete.

DeletedUser3542

Dear Elvenar Team .

I have just donated some clothes i don't need to a charity shop, do you think the stores i bought them from should give me a refund ?:rolleyes: somehow i don't think so:p

DeletedUser441

If I bought a house or any building in the real world then should I simply give it away if I need to "upgrade" ? ! :rolleyes: o_O :p

DeletedUser3753

I agree. Sadly there is no upgrade option for premium culture buildings as there is for premium residence and workshop buildings.
I have sold many smaller premium culture buildings (low culture value/square) just to buy a higher value larger building for an equivalent area, in effect paying more than once for the same culture.

The smart & fair way to do this would be to (as you suggest) refund in part when upgrading prem. culture. This could be done on a culture value/sq. area basis.
So upgrading from a low to high value building can be achieved by paying some fraction of the initial cost of the higher value building, not dissimilar to the current system with premium residence & workshop.

I think this would actually provide incentive for players to buy more premium culture.

Last edited by a moderator:

Timneh

Artisan
I have just donated some clothes i don't need to a charity shop, do you think the stores i bought them from should give me a refund ?:rolleyes: somehow i don't think so:p

The difference is you donated your clothes to the shop you didn't sell them. When players choose to remove a building they sell that building, they even need to click on the sell tab to do it. The costs of buying non premium buildings are returned when they are sold so why not premium buildings as well.