• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

A Charming Tree

Timneh

Artisan
Without knowing how you are stuck in dwarves it is hard to give advice but with over a week still left in this event you should have enough time to get the KP and goods needed to complete one of the research items in the tech tree and still be able to complete the remaining tasks especially if you forward plan using one of the spoiler guides. You could start the 2 Pop spells and the 150 units for quests 17 and 19 and just collect them when you need them. The last 2 quests are the bad ones, for #20 you could use a tournament to help get the relics and for the final quest you will need to clear 3 provinces on the world map as tournament encounters do not count for the quest. Here is a link to the guide that i used http://crazywizard.info/en/event_a_charming_tree_2017.html If someone knows a better way to do it i am sure they will post and let you know but that is how i did it and it worked very well for me, completed the event in under 2 days.

DeletedUser2355

Without knowing how you are stuck in dwarves it is hard to give advice but with over a week still left in this event you should have enough time to get the KP and goods needed to complete one of the research items in the tech tree and still be able to complete the remaining tasks especially if you forward plan using one of the spoiler guides. You could start the 2 Pop spells and the 150 units for quests 17 and 19 and just collect them when you need them. The last 2 quests are the bad ones, for #20 you could use a tournament to help get the relics and for the final quest you will need to clear 3 provinces on the world map as tournament encounters do not count for the quest. Here is a link to the guide that i used http://crazywizard.info/en/event_a_charming_tree_2017.html If someone knows a better way to do it i am sure they will post and let you know but that is how i did it and it worked very well for me, completed the event in under 2 days.

Hi, thanks for getting back to me so quickly. Really helpful advice, I was under the impression when it said research a technology it meant one of ,my manufacturing technologies, makes much more sense and pretty obvious now I think of it that it means complete any segment in the tree.. That I can do... :) Thank you for clarifying, and will prep the later challenges as well :)

Timneh

Artisan
Hi, thanks for getting back to me so quickly. Really helpful advice, I was under the impression when it said research a technology it meant one of ,my manufacturing technologies, makes much more sense and pretty obvious now I think of it that it means complete any segment in the tree.. That I can do... :) Thank you for clarifying, and will prep the later challenges as well

Happy to have been of help.
Good luck with the rest of the event. :)

Killiak

Artisan
Hi I'm stuck in Dwarves at the mo, so cannot complete my research a technology task, is there a work around or is that it for me, as far as I can go? Normally there is a companion task for challenges like this I imagine to avoid penalising players in my position, but not this time.!!! any help or advice?

We have been telling Inno about the tech tree issues and how it impacts events for a while now. But as Dizzy Lizzie already stated; "perhaps sit this one out?". Fabulous advice.

Glad to hear your issue worked itself out.

DeletedUser3876

Hi JestersKurse. I know some players are finding the event skips right over task 16, the research tree, and they go directly to 17 but it seems fairly random. anyone else heard of this?

DeletedUser3781

It autocompletes if you upgrade a building to level 12 or higher.

DeletedUser3082

I finished 20 quests for Charming Tree and I cannot do the last one. Every province I am scouting is asking for Orcs. I do not have army, so I can't fight, and I am far away of having Orcs so I can't negotiate...please help

Killiak

Artisan
I finished 20 quests for Charming Tree and I cannot do the last one. Every province I am scouting is asking for Orcs. I do not have army, so I can't fight, and I am far away of having Orcs so I can't negotiate...please help

You can't finish it. Sorry.

We keep telling Inno about these situations, so hopefully they will finally take notice,

DeletedUser1685

Research a tech is quite variable depending on where you are in the tech tree. For example one clan member was on research the Ancient Wonders of the Orcs, which means getting 2000 shrooms and 3000 loot. Which is quite different from being earlier in the orc tech tree, or even in the later wood elf tech tree.

Maybe the design is meant to exclude people, because if everyone completes every quest then none of the rewards are special?
I dunno, all I know is that the amount of effort and time varies for each player when it comes to the tech task, yet the reward is the same for everyone?

DeletedUser3781

@Thondis : there are 222 provinces without orcs (10 rings of provinces). If you haven't completed that many, try scouting the ones that are closest to your city - they'll also be the cheapest. That might still be too much scout time to finish event, though.
If you completed all 10 rings, well you're blocked until orcs chapter.

DeletedUser3032

@Thondis Does quest 21 complete with doing tournament provinces? Just a thought.

Seems like you have completed all 222 provinces way before you should have. But it's only bad because of events requiring you to do encounters. Doesn't matter KP wise as we will all complete 222 eventually and get the same amount of KP from them all. Now you can just concentrate on tournaments to get extra KP + 24 per day.

Shadow Mike

Soothsayer
Nope the quest # 21 does not complete with tournament provinces. Thondis you are in the same situation of some of our FS members. They can not complete this event because of the orcs !!!
There should have been another option to finish that quest. Simply not fair for some players .

Last edited:

DeletedUser3032

I know this problem has been brought up many times before and they changed the quests to include 2 ways to complete them. Upgrade a building or Scout a province. I believe they have overlooked the encounter quests. Should be something in addition to it, so at least everyone has a chance to complete it.

DeletedUser3446

I am so frustrated .. /wry grin .. i planned and completed all the 21 steps to be able to summon the 'charming tree' for both my cities on both Arendyll and Winyandor .. i waited till i had sufficient space in my human city on Aren. before i summoned the tree .. it put up my culture to well over 170% which was excellent, and gave the option for NH to double the very healthy bonus of 740 etc .. many times better than a holy codex or a deli butcher for a very good value 12sq space usage ..

THEN i get this '150% NH' quest .. i realise that having just summoned the tree i am sooo far over 170% with a NH bonus too .. that the only way to complete this quest is to SELL the tree .. thinking i can RE-SUMMON later when quest completed .. because selling the other diam purchased culture items i built returns no diamonds at all ..[which i feel is wrong, you should at least get half .. IF NOT THE TOTAL COST of the diamonds back due to the horrendous cost in the first place] ..

*[SEE EDIT BELOW] - it didn't say anywhere that the tree was a ONE-TIME SUMMON .. i had wrongly or naively assumed it was an optional ability we had gained .. NOT effectively a spell .. when i am ready to re-summon the tree i see to my horror that now no option exists .. i am so depressed that i have gone through the whole questline only to unknowingly lose the option because NOWHERE does it say ' THIS IS A ONE-TIME ONLY SUMMON ' ..

let this be a useful piece of intel for all players tempted to make the same mistake i did .. and i'm hoping i might appeal to have my summon reinstated just once with the info. now known that it's a one-time only summon ..and that this info. should be printed very obviously in the details of this item ..

========================================================================
EDIT - in the process of checking that my facts were correct .. i have with regret just noticed the VERY small ' x1 ' on my other city's unused as yet summons .. my appeal for reinstatement still stands, but i acknowledge if i'd looked closer, it was shown to be one-time only summoning ..
=======================================================================

Last edited by a moderator:

Timneh

Artisan
That truely is a harsh lesson to learn. My personal policy is to always decline quests that mean i have to take a step backwards. I remember getting a quest to have a culture bonus of maximum 125% and at the time i had 160% so i just declined it.
You will need to contact support to see if anything can be done about this but i think that they will tell you that they can not give you back your charming tree. Please let us know how you get on .

Last edited:

DeletedUser3446

Thank you Timneh for your kind words .. i am hoping i maybe given the benefit of 20/20 hindsight .. time will tell

DeletedUser3864

hi i am skylr from the new chapter and one of my members finished the quest but did not recieve the tree what happened?