• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Battles

DeletedUser2721

Hi has anyone got any tips as to how to win a battle ,I seem to be struggling and the enemies are so much more powerful,someone has said it could be that we have scouted too far out ,could that be the reason that i am up against enemies far superior,I dont know ,any help would be most welcome ,thanks

DeletedUser1829

It is possible, the chart below helps to understand difficulty. You need to be able to determine your squad size and the enemies squad size as the first step. If the enemy does not have 5 squads you need to normalise their squad size. For example they have 6 units and squad size reads as 36.
Then: 36 * 6 / 5 = 43.2
That you can then compare to your own squad size and use the chart below.
Combat_Difficulty.jpg

If your ratio is not 2 or more then post some details about the fight, squad size, province, etc.

DeletedUser2721

Hi has anyone got any tips as to how to win a battle ,I seem to be struggling and the enemies are so much more powerful,someone has said it could be that we have scouted too far out ,could that be the reason that i am up against enemies far superior,I dont know ,any help would be most welcome ,thanks
Thank you so much for your help,i just have to keep trying and hope that in the end things will work out

DeletedUser

You are not alone on issues with battles, it seems to me the game makers are making the fights too hard to win, I am a lower level player, and find myself fighting enemies that are 2 chapters above myself, and you simply cant win them.

I am in the dwarves section and in tournaments I find myself fighting Orcs which I should not have to do when they are 2 chapters above me. Also, I am experiencing issues with losing fights when I am using what I think to be better quality fighters. For example , I am losing fights where there is only 1 level 1 swamp monster yet I am using 3 level 2 treants which should simply not be happening. It seems to me the game makers are making it so you have to purchase items such as gems to have any decent chance of progressing well, which is wrong.

There is no way people should be fighting enemies in tournaments that are 2 levels higher than their own level. It is wrong. The game makers making changes are putting too much emphasis on targeting the higher level players with their changes and making the game harder for them, and they seem to forget the lower less elite players like myself who are struggling.

Tonton-des-bois

Illusionist
it's not clear whom you're thanking because you quoted yourself :rolleyes: but we are all supposed to learn new skills and grow our squad sizes to be able to win battles against also growing in skill and amount foes... so be patient, you'll be able to win battles soon...

DeletedUser1829

There is no way people should be fighting enemies in tournaments that are 2 levels higher than their own level. It is wrong.

tournaments never get to 2:1, plus the fact that the devs have stated we are not meant to win 2:1 fights it would be unfair to have a tournament with fights we are not meant to be capable of winning. The last round of the fights get to 1 to 1.8, so yes, they are difficult as they are close to the limits of expected ability.

DeletedUser2753

It is not so much that the battles are unwinnable, but more that some of the enemy troops are now way more powerful than before. The Enchantress II is a good example of a troop type that has been grossly upgraded. They are now extremely tough and difficult to damage, very powerful, now move further, have a longer range and gang up on your strongest units, destroying them quickly and giving you no chance of victory. I am usually facing 5 or more in a single province - no chance of winning whatsoever with a squad size of 699.
Every troop type has a match that can make short work of it - unfortunately with the recent changes many of those are no longer available to us until we spend (waste) KPs in developing those technologies and spend (waste) money, resources and time building new (and pointless) buildings.
It is my opinion that these should have been given to those who were already past that point on the tech tree. I am getting fed up with having to backtrack when someone on Hamburg has a "good idea".
It is my experience that the game is becoming less and less enjoyable with every "upgrade". Every "improvement" feels like it is coming from the Marketing Department and not the actual players, game testers or developers.
I am one "improvement" away from abandoning the game. I now find I have to "negotiate" territory because I have almost zero chance of winning many of the battles being offered.
Please stop "fixing" a game that worked really well before. The changes have NOT "balanced" the game in the slightest.

DeletedUser

For me tournaments have become unwinnable, and I'm talking about round 4 in the first 2 provinces, it seems that if I want to get kp from tournaments (which is pretty much the only reason why I do them) the only way is to just do round 1 and go out as far as possible, yes I do have troop losses but I don't see the total defeats which I was seeing in the last tournament at all rounds higher than 2.
I find it pretty frustrating when other people tell me that fights aren't unwinnable, having spent an hour this morning on just one encounter and losing thousands of troops in the process, I can assure you that for me a lot of encounters are 100% unwinnable!

DeletedUser2721

Hi All,I think I will wait before fighting any more,my poor armies are still dying left right and centre,so heres hoping it will all be sorted and all will come out in the wash ! He He !

DeletedUser2721

Oh by the way,how come my avatar picture does not come in the little box with the question mark ?All these mysteries to discover !

Deleted User - 13667

Tournament wise, i would say the new system is slow and very hard to win. The Merc camp units helps a lot. Thats the only tip I think I can offer at this point of time

Tonton-des-bois

Illusionist
Oh by the way,how come my avatar picture does not come in the little box with the question mark ?All these mysteries to discover !
The picture you chosen is probably to big in size or in weight or from a wrong type...

It is possible, the chart below helps to understand difficulty. You need to be able to determine your squad size and the enemies squad size as the first step. If the enemy does not have 5 squads you need to normalise their squad size. For example they have 6 units and squad size reads as 36.
Then: 36 * 6 / 5 = 43.2
That you can then compare to your own squad size and use the chart below.
Combat_Difficulty.jpg

If your ratio is not 2 or more then post some details about the fight, squad size, province, etc.

This little diagram has been enormously helpful to me....and with all the other diagrams in this forum throughout the various threads...I've decided to not be negative about the battles and to become more skilled. Any battles that have a higher than 1.3% difficulty, I'm just not going to attempt them and will buy my way out. Granted, there are many battles like that....but believe it or not, there are a fair few that are winnable. It's just knowing which ones you defo can't win. I saw the Elvenar FB interative post, the other day, were one of the developers did an teaching video for us all to view. Now he chose a tournament battle, which is easier, but I did pick up a few pointers on tactics as I'm not great on that side...yet! Also the system he was using had a little pop up on the troops that showed which squads are best against each other. That will also be invaluable when choosing who to fight against who, when/if it's rolled out to us all.

DeletedUser1829

This little diagram has been enormously helpful to me....and with all the other diagrams in this forum throughout the various threads...I've decided to not be negative about the battles and to become more skilled. Any battles that have a higher than 1.3% difficulty, I'm just not going to attempt them and will buy my way out. Granted, there are many battles like that....but believe it or not, there are a fair few that are winnable. It's just knowing which ones you defo can't win. I saw the Elvenar FB interative post, the other day, were one of the developers did an teaching video for us all to view. Now he chose a tournament battle, which is easier, but I did pick up a few pointers on tactics as I'm not great on that side...yet! Also the system he was using had a little pop up on the troops that showed which squads are best against each other. That will also be invaluable when choosing who to fight against who, when/if it's rolled out to us all.

Varron is the designer of that diagram. Learning on those easier fights and even the first and second tournament level where things are either in your favour or equal are good training grounds. As you become more familiar with the system you will find you can start to take on the 1:1.3 fights and might only negotiate 1:1.6 or whatever suits.

The popup on troops is in beta so it should be here in 1.17, I would expect. It was done as a direct result of player feedback and suggestion on how to improve things.

DeletedUser2721

I am at last winning battles,wahoo thanks to the powers that be !