• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Version 1.15

DeletedUser9

To me it seems Inno's communication was not successful and clear enough, because there are so many unhappy players even among the most loyal ones. May I propose that PR should also be redesigned? I had no idea that there were serious design and coding problems behind the scenes. To me Elvenar has been running smoothly without big bugs compared to other company's Flash Player games I have played.

I worked 20 years as a programmer and I know very well how end users (like players in Elvenar) don't have any idea whether a design is good or headache for the programmers. End users just don't care as long as they don't have any problems with the software. In my career, I was involved in several projects where software had to be redesigned and it is a really big demanding challenge. But I have also worked at customer service and learnt how important it is keeping your loyal customers because they bring the most of the cash.

Yes, I think that's a very valid point indeed. It's like we have a whole "Necessary Changes vs. Feeling Punished" situation now. We know that for a lot of advanced players it has its downsides now because they're temporarily stopped from progressing further on the World Map, but we also know it's necessary for the future of the game. Maybe we indeed should have communicated about that necessity more upfront.

DeletedUser1161

Yes, I think that's a very valid point indeed. It's like we have a whole "Necessary Changes vs. Feeling Punished" situation now. We know that for a lot of advanced players it has its downsides now because they're temporarily stopped from progressing further on the World Map, but we also know it's necessary for the future of the game. Maybe we indeed should have communicated about that necessity more upfront.
Yes i'm an advanced player and stuck right now there is no point in me playing this game right now, I can't fight, can't negotiate so I am stuck, I have opened too many provinces, I need orcs to negotiate which i don't have so for me it is pointless playing the game. I have played this game from the start built up a good fellowship but now there is nothing I can do, my members are complaining about spending goods to negotiate fights which they wouldn't normally, totally at a standstill.

DeletedUser

[...]There are a lot of players who can build so many manufactories e.g. that they literally have hundreds of thousands of goods in stock. There's no fun in that. Tech tree progress should be a bit challenging as well. We're going pretty well on it with the Guest Race goods that you need, but the rest of the required goods can just be laughed at because you always have enough of those, for there is room enough for a bunch of manufactories anyway.

1. I have been next to stuck since starting fairies as I was forced to fight on the world map due to the orc req.
  2. I always scouted as soon as I could because I always have too much $ and not enough of anything else. Like many other people, I assumed we were supposed to do that and did not know doing so would make it impossible for me to participate in tournaments.
  3. Introducing the minimum of provinces conquered to progress in the tech tree, ancient wonders and masses of kp being needed for tech and upgrading AW, as well as relics needed for that and the MA, also led people to believe they were supposed to be covering as much of the world map as possible, not to mention reducing trading costs with active neighbours and expanding the scope of neighbours one can trade with.
  4. In spite of having apparently unlocked way more expansions than i should have and having bought expansions, I cannot produce enough goods to participate in tournaments beyond day 2 unless I only do the first 2 provinces in them. I also never have enough supplies and I cannot win fights beyond day 2 either. Ergo, I am unable to do most things in spite of having "too much room" and producing too many resources according to the Elvenar devs ...
  5. I have approx 30 free pop, so I have not built "too many houses".
Also: I have built 4 AW, but will not be able to build any more nor upgrade these once hitting the next tier requiring rune shards as I cannot acquire said shards. Theoretically I could cumbersomely negotiate my way through the world map now I am in the orcs chapter, but since I'm apparently "way too far ahead", that would probably be ill advised.
I honestly think that as per usual, the changes introduced here are based on very limited criteria and people pointing out the remaining criteria are being utterly ignored with no response besides the mantra of how it's too easy for us when for many of us, it actually never has been.

As regards complaining and complaining about complaining @Horanda These threads ask for feedback, not "positive feedback".

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser330

Well done Inno, you've successfully now halted the progress of every single player in the game.

I thought it would be impossible to cock it up even more after what you did with Orcs... but, I was wrong. The last playable part of the game, now unplayable.

Well done.
Seriously, very well done.

All that's left now is to make factories use the very goods they make to put them on for 3 hours and workshops to use supplies to put them on making supplies.

This game used to be fun. FUN.

Now reminds me of those crappy point/click games on Facebook that people play for 20 minutes and then block from their profiles because they're shit.

Edit Marindor: Merged 3 posts to 1. Please use the "edit" button next time when you forgot to add something, thank you! :)

DeletedUser

I can't help feeling that the message in PoisonDarts city says it all.
PoisonDarts could not possibly have been affected by this since s/he was not maxed out in everything, twiddling their thumbs at the end of the tech tree producing a gazillion supplies and goods with 350 provinces completed, way too much room and far too low culture. ;P

Not the most advanced players, who have managed to at least have a decent amount of space are most negatively impacted by this - for now - (when new races are introduced that will change), but people nowhere near the orcs chapter who conquered more provinces than they were supposed to as a result of having thought that was what we were supposed to be doing and tried to build AW's. They now will have to struggle through 1-2 entire chapters without gaining a single expansion via the world map, and may end up feeling forced to sell AW'S they spent ages upgrading and collecting runes for. Possibly even using real $

But no worries, they weren't supposed to have had the room to build those things in the first place unless they bought it. :)

DeletedUser

Expansion Balance
One of the main complaints at the moment, is the limitation on World Map expansions this rebalancing brings. We know about this, but the truth is that a lot of top players currently have way more expansions available to them then they should in this phase of their game. This takes away the strategical decisions you have to make as a player to design your city as efficiently as possible, because there is space enough. This disrupts the game balance too. There are a lot of players who can build so many manufactories e.g. that they literally have hundreds of thousands of goods in stock. There's no fun in that. Tech tree progress should be a bit challenging as well. We're going pretty well on it with the Guest Race goods that you need, but the rest of the required goods can just be laughed at because you always have enough of those, for there is room enough for a bunch of manufactories anyway.
@Marindor, I'm sorry, but for me, it's fun to have as much goods as possible :D I'm not interested in fighting and for me it seems you are telling me that I'm playing this game on the 'wrong' way? I have chosen negotiations, boosted products and trade as my strategy because I thought 'this game you can play as you want'.

I have never before played a game where it is possible to 'progress too far' without bugs (causing a game crash) or without cheating. In other games is has been possible to progress as far as is possible either using your own money (when you get also nice extras) or via very hard work. I have worked hard in Elvenar and now I'm told I have too many factories and producing too much goods besides having scouted too much.

DeletedUser2696

I am so angry, its ridiculous.... How can you do this???? its impossible to fight!!! doesn't make any sense! I have lost loads of my troops and negotiating its impossible as well as I haven't got as many resources as you don't give enough to fight now, or you want ppl to spend more money? is that you plan???
If you are not going to change it back, you are going to loose a lot of players....:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

BekBel

Adventurer
I don't really know how I feel about the battle upgrades yet. But I think they may have done better rebalancing the battles so that you are matched according to the tech tree. And to stop people going too far, just keep the cost of "too far" provinces above the amount that can be stored in the MH. Sure, people who have gone too far scouting will still be angry about that limit - but it would be far less people angry and then at least people could still fight.

DeletedUser1345

"There are a lot of players who can build so many manufactories e.g. that they literally have hundreds of thousands of goods in stock. There's no fun in that."

I have a lot of goods in stock. I have devoted a LOT of time and game-effort to building up a large, comfortable supply - so I have the security of being able to meet whatever challenge comes my way. I have done no harm whatsoever to any other player in building up my stock of goods. I have diligently and patiently attended to my manufactories, day after day, every day, for months and months, so that I could build up a secure supply of goods. I have acted with foresight, some would say with wisdom, in building up my resources. I have done a LOT of trading, which has benefited players in my neighborhood, players in my fellowship, as well as myself.

And so, am I to understand that my strength and security - so hard won - is viewed by the Devs. as a NEGATIVE?
That player diligence and patient effort should be rewarded with poverty and constant worry?
That being in a strong position in this game is "no fun" - and that in weakness and just scraping-by is where we are intended to be kept ??

Is this truly the governing philosophy of the designers of this game???

DeletedUser9

Guys, please read my posts. There's no point in feeling offended all the time :)

It's not about your game style being negative or bad or wrong. It's not about us wanting to punish you or to blame you. It's about big imbalances in the current/old game which are being resolved now in order to create a fun, interesting and more challenging game for everyone in the long run.

DeletedUser

Guys, please read my posts. There's no point in feeling offended all the time :)

It's not about your game style being negative or bad or wrong. It's not about us wanting to punish you or to blame you. It's about big imbalances in the current/old game which are being resolved now in order to create a fun, interesting and more challenging game for everyone in the long run.

No, no no!

You can't say those two sentences, they do not match up.

"We don't blame you" followed by "You are not playing how we want" or
"We are not punishing you" followed by "You will have more fun doing it our way, so stop playing the way you want"

This is the problem! People hate you making decisions for them and telling them do "do it our way" when there are ZERO reasons they should.
Please, PLEASE stop saying "balance" when you mean "restrictions" Be HONEST about what is happening.

The MA is a perfect example of this constrictive thinking. You could make it deletable, to no detriment (except maybe something in the future?) but you don't because of .... reasons ....
The players have spoken and are still speaking (the ones that have not left)

Your way is not as fun as the way it was.
Make tweaks, shift things around but DON'T make it restrictive because you can't see outside your little design box.