• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

New Questline: The Contest

DeletedUser501

I am new to this game (been playing the other one for a long time) I don't have AW here ,yet. Is it a total waste to do the contest since the rewards are for AW, or will the rewards hold till I build AW?

DeletedUser

@Lisica
Can u not sell off small culture items,, to get a 2x1 space and build plank manufactory or two,, take to lvl 6 and sell it,, rinse and repeat till u've completed quest sell it and replace u'r culture items,, bit of a bother but will get u quest :(
I got it sorted now thanks, 3 x planks and 1 x marble which are 2x1 and 1x2 respectively which I've squeezed into tiny spaces, once I've got them to lvl 5 for the quest, i'll sell them.

DeletedUser2028

@badcompany the choice as always in a game of this sort is yours,, The runes you win if you complete the game will not be lost,, but they will default to "Elven Ancient Wonders" and as soon as you unlock the research for it they will be available for use.;)

DeletedUser66

I got it sorted now thanks, 3 x planks and 1 x marble which are 2x1 and 1x2 respectively which I've squeezed into tiny spaces, once I've got them to lvl 5 for the quest, i'll sell them.

Just note they all increase in size when you hit level 5.

DeletedUser1974

here are the quest steps, rewards are usually relics/spells/kp

Quest 1 produce Beverages 10 times (Workshop 5 minute production)
Quest 2 spend 3 Knowledge Points
Quest 3 train 30 units
Quest 4 buy 3 Knowledge Points
Quest 5 scout a province
Quest 6 produce a spell (Magic Academy)
Quest 7 produce Advanced Tools 10 times (Workshop 3 hour production)
Quest 8 Complete 2 provinces OR spend 20 Knowledge Points
Quest 9 produce 6 wooden/steel/marble figurines (3 hour production)
Quest 10 spend 20 Knowledge Points
Quest 11 produce Power of Provision 2 times
Quest 12 scout 3 provinces OR make 3 Power of Provision spells
Quest 13 workshop 40 times 15 minutes
Quest 14 produce 6 steel/wood/marble armchairs (24 hour production) AND 6 Advanced Tools
Quest 15 produce 100 beverages (workshop 5 minute production)
Quest 16 upgrade 4 buildings to level 5 or higher (Tier 1 wood/steel/marble)
Quest 17 produce Advanced Tools 4 times OR solve 4 provinces

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Quest 16 is a killer :-/
The 100 beverages is going to be super grindy too, doable though.

Might have to build a couple of manufactories up to 4 before I get that quest, save some time..

DeletedUser

Does the reward change depending on how many AW's you have unlocked? I an getting 4 blue, 4 green and 10 KP's, with 2 AW unlocked, is that different for anyone else?

Deleted User - 106219

No, it's the same for everyone. But keep in mind that, according to what has been said elsewhere, if you have not unlocked the Golden Abyss and the Tome yet, you will get Runes for the Elven/Human wonders instead.

DeletedUser222

For the quest to build four buildings to level 5, I have built 4 workshops to level 5 but that has not triggered completion of the quest. Do workshops not count as buildings?

DeletedUser

This is ridiculous. Your contest penalises people who a) have been playing longer so have super long scouting/building times or no room, and b) who actually have a life and don't have time to sit in or check the game every hour. There is no way some of us can even get it done. Thanks again for not caring about your players.

DeletedUser

This is ridiculous. Your contest penalises people who a) have been playing longer so have super long scouting/building times or no room, and b) who actually have a life and don't have time to sit in or check the game every hour. There is no way some of us can even get it done. Thanks again for not caring about your players.
Interestingly enough, twisted<something> showed how you could have all the AW and buildings and still fit them (just) HOWEVER, that would mean you havd to delete several buildings and restart them to do the quest... so you issue is valid.

On the other hand, if your base is full, then there is a chance you don't need the runes anyway?

DeletedUser

I have enough buildings to do the stuff, but I fall into category b) of not having the time. 100 x 5 min productions? Yeah right. When I can log in about 3 times a day for half an hour, then this isn't even feasible. Stick it.

DeletedUser

I have enough buildings to do the stuff, but I fall into category b) of not having the time. 100 x 5 min productions? Yeah right. When I can log in about 3 times a day for half an hour, then this isn't even feasible. Stick it.

As much as I hate to point out the obvious... it is likely you have 10 workshops, so it is ten iterations of 5 minutes. With a little planning you can do 3 every time you log in (more really, but lets be real) so with some luck you can complete that in a day. Some of the others are way less than a day, som more. It IS doable, just annoying for some people at some stages. I have had to make 4 new Steel manufacturers just for this (giant globes) and a later (4 buildings to lv 5 or over)

Actually, at your level supplies are probably not a big issue, so in 30 minutes you should be able to do 5 easy, so less than a day..

DeletedUser

6 x 24 hour production? That is going to take 2 days unless you happen to have 6 of the appropriate manufactories...and, more to the point, REDUCE your output of that particular resource.
Severely annoyed by this.

DeletedUser

6 x 24 hour production? That is going to take 2 days unless you happen to have 6 of the appropriate manufactories...and, more to the point, REDUCE your output of that particular resource.
Severely annoyed by this.

True, but if you have a little free space you could just build 6 level 1 manufactories of the type required ( typically only 1x2 or 2x2 in size ) and set them to go for 24 hours. Complete the quest and delete them. You would not have to reduce your existing manufactories output then.

DeletedUser

True, but if you have a little free space you could just build 6 level 1 manufactories of the type required ( typically only 1x2 or 2x2 in size ) and set them to go for 24 hours. Complete the quest and delete them. You would not have to reduce your existing manufactories output then.

I have time, I made 4 and leveled them to 4 ready for the next quest

DeletedUser

Which requires a minimum of 4 hours building time using both builders - once they finish the jobs they are already on - and requires another 200 or so population as well as those 24 squares of space.
So not really a sensible option.

DeletedUser

Which requires a minimum of 4 hours building time using both builders - once they finish the jobs they are already on - and requires another 200 or so population as well as those 24 squares of space.
So not really a sensible option.

Agree on the last two points. Just depends on where you are in the game currently in relation to population and space.

As far as building times, it is either 40 seconds or 80 seconds for a level 1 first tier factory depending on the size, so you should be able to build 6 of them in less than 5 minutes with two builders.

DeletedUser1925

You need to have at least 6-8 manufactories of T1 anyway.

Tasks are totally doable.