• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

New Questline: The Contest

DeletedUser3

Dear Elves and Humans,

Here you can discuss the new temporary questline: The Contest. We very much hope that you enjoy it!

DeletedUser2051

I can't log into the contest, is anyone else having the same problem?

Swill

Spellcaster
I am on item #5 of The Contest, which is "Scout 1 Province". BUT scouting, for me, takes close to 2 full days to complete 1 province! And there are only 9 hours remaining in the contest. Is there a possibility the contest's time limit will be extended? I would really like to complete the contest, but am disappointed that this particular item seems to exclude me from participating further.

DeletedUser3

I can't log into the contest, is anyone else having the same problem?

Hi margie69wu,
It's not necessary to log in to the contest - just log in to the game, and you will see 2 additional quest givers at the left side of your screen. One will keep count of how many Contest quests you have done, and the other will give the actual quests :)

I am on item #5 of The Contest, which is "Scout 1 Province". BUT scouting, for me, takes close to 2 full days to complete 1 province! And there are only 9 hours remaining in the contest. Is there a possibility the contest's time limit will be extended? I would really like to complete the contest, but am disappointed that this particular item seems to exclude me from participating further.

Hi Swill - the Contest will run for 9 days, so you should have plenty of time to scout that Province :)

DeletedUser

Doh! So much for my stellar dyslexia skill. <blush> Thank you.
I'm as bad, misread Quest produce power of provision. Kept adding them to workshops and producing supplies, almost reported it then realised I had to produce one in The Magic Academy (12 hours) Doh!

DeletedUser2028

I was lucky enough to have a scout returning, when the scout 1 province popped,, I now find Quest 12 scout 3 provinces or produce 3 "power of provision" spells,, what I'd like to know are these mixable ie., 1 scout and 2 spells or has it to be one or the other:eek:

Deleted User - 13667

There is a mandatory quest to produce spells? Too bad for me then. Never found space for that.

DeletedUser3

I was lucky enough to have a scout returning, when the scout 1 province popped,, I now find Quest 12 scout 3 provinces or produce 3 "power of provision" spells,, what I'd like to know are these mixable ie., 1 scout and 2 spells or has it to be one or the other:eek:

It's not mixable - you need to do one or the other. Also currently with these 'either/or' type quests, once you start doing one of the alternatives you cannot switch to the other (it simply won't count). So for example with the scout 3 Provinces or produce 3 Power of Provison spells, if your scout happens to be on his way to a Province, but you also set a Power of Provision spell creation up, and that finishes first, the scouting will not count - you will need to produce 3 Power of Provision spells to complete the quest.

DeletedUser2028

Thanks Amy found that out,, scout finished 1st and then spell finished which never counted:( so scouts it has to be:mad:

DeletedUser1414

just checking on a quest in the contest, the one about upgrading from level 4 to 5 can that be for manu or house

DeletedUser2028

As far as I know every building you up to five counts for quest,, some players are saying residents are glitched and don't register 4-5 but do register 5-6 ;)

DeletedUser

Its a shame when my city is maxed out and it wants me to level a building to 5... I have no space to put in a building to level to 5. First they are pushing for Magic Academy to built if you had decided not to, and now I either tear down a building and rebuild for this contest or just miss out on that.

DeletedUser2028

@Lisica
Can u not sell off small culture items,, to get a 2x1 space and build plank manufactory or two,, take to lvl 6 and sell it,, rinse and repeat till u've completed quest sell it and replace u'r culture items,, bit of a bother but will get u quest :(

DeletedUser1925

It's not mixable - you need to do one or the other. Also currently with these 'either/or' type quests, once you start doing one of the alternatives you cannot switch to the other (it simply won't count). So for example with the scout 3 Provinces or produce 3 Power of Provison spells, if your scout happens to be on his way to a Province, but you also set a Power of Provision spell creation up, and that finishes first, the scouting will not count - you will need to produce 3 Power of Provision spells to complete the quest.
Learned on the hard way.

Tiriake

Soothsayer
That's weird. I had a task "spend 20 KP's or complete 2 provinces". So at first I spent some KP's , so progress bar showed KP's. Anyway then I went and completed 1 province and the progress bar switched to show that. But then I spent the last KP's needed and it switched back to where I was with the KP's and I finished with KP's. So for me progress of both choices was saved.

DeletedUser2028

Can anyone remember the following quests and what the Rewards were (I'm sure I got a Rune somewhere, or could of been from province :confused:)

Quest 01
Quest 02
Quest 03
Quest 04
Quest 05 scout a province
Quest 06 produce 1 power of provision spell
Quest 07 produce advanced tools 10 times
Quest 08 Complete 2 provinces or spend 20 kp