• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

When will Mercenary camp work

DeletedUser971

The fairies have now been with us for two months, I am sure that the mercenary camp was not an after thought and some planning would have gone into it. Please can we have a time line of when we are getting the Blossom Mage and Drone rider.

DeletedUser971

We still got this Wednesdays update to look forward to on beta, just maybe they will be let loose on beta and we will have the two week waiting period. The only thing I could see them having a problem with is how strong to make them. I find that our current armies do well and I will expect that these units will do better and give the advantage back to the player.

Also a mod could answer this question and take the uncertainty out of the equation.

DeletedUser1295

Alas, moderators do not have access to the planning of the development team, just like any player we too will have to wait for more news on this.

DeletedUser971

you could try using email to contact the dev's and get an answer . we use the forum.

also, could please explain the process of what would actually lead to contact with the dev's to get an answer.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser1295

you could try using email to contact the dev's and get an answer . we use the forum.

also, could please explain the process of what would actually lead to contact with the dev's to get an answer.

Moderators and even Community Managers have no direct communciation with the developers.
The process for forwarding feedback to InnoGames, e.g. the development team is:
• The players provide feedback either via the forum or via a support ticket;
• The moderators forward the feedback to the Community Manager(s);
• The Community Manager(s) forward the feedback to the appropriate InnoGames channels;
• The InnoGames channels forward the feedback to the appropriate InnoGames departments/employees, depending on the kind of feedback, e.g. some will go to the game programmers, other feedback may go to graphical department, etc.

However, every now and then players will have the opportunity to communicate directly with the developers via special Q&A sessions.

I hope the above clarifies the process for handling feedback!

DeletedUser971

Thank you for that, can you please say if this has been forwarded and what are the chances of a reply from the dev's.

DeletedUser3

Our development team are indeed aware that players are keen to see the introduction of the Fairy units. However they do not give feedback on, or answers to, player questions directly on the forums, but rather through channels such as InnoGames TV, and the occasional Q&A sessions on for example Facebook, or by directly working to implement such features in the game. I too am hoping it will not be too much longer before we will indeed see those new units introduced in the game, but unfortunately I am not currently aware of the timescale for their implementation.

DeletedUser971

Maybe while we are waiting for it the dev's could turn it on and increase our training speed and training size?

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser971

5 is what we got, I made a load of armories to be able to train 24hrs at a time. my training size is now 300.

DeletedUser791

My suggestion for future upgrades: if Elvenar has buildings that don't work (i.e. cannot be build, cannot produce its units, whatever), don't release them for Beta and for sure don't release them in the final build.
It's embarrassing that we have a mandatory research for a non-functional building in the tech tree - still not working more than 3 months after update release.

By now we've seen new drafts for the new race but haven't even produced a single fairy unit.

DeletedUser

My suggestion for future upgrades: if Elvenar has buildings that don't work (i.e. cannot be build, cannot produce its units, whatever), don't release them for Beta and for sure don't release them in the final build.
It's embarrassing that we have a mandatory research for a non-functional building in the tech tree - still not working more than 3 months after update release.

By now we've seen new drafts for the new race but haven't even produced a single fairy unit.

That is not how Inno does things. Sorry. Check other threads about many other broken or not working "features" and you will see that while it makes sense, Inno is not interested in fixing things, their focus is releasing things.

DeletedUser

Here's an article for you to think about.
7 Reasons Why “C” Students Crush “A” Students When It Comes to Online Marketing
The same concepts apply to game development, and to MOST projects.

While there's a definite difference between sloppy and good enough, the REALITY is that Engineers and Programmers will NEVER get past 90% done if you leave them to their own devices. For that last 10% push you need an Operational mind set, NOT an Engineering mind set.

DeletedUser971

I like that Katwijk. If everyone in life shied away from difficult stuff where would we be. I personally will never be able to get up and tell my bosses and customers that, sorry, it to difficult for me to do. I find solutions to problems and then fix them, I personally do not want to hear that they have been put on the back burner because its to difficult. Find a solution and fix this please.

DeletedUser

I personally will never be able to get up and tell my bosses and customers that, sorry, it to difficult for me to do.
All things are "doable" and especially so if you've drunk the academic KoolAid. The judgment call is whether, or not, the same amount of effort, placed elsewhere, would yield far more benefit.

Work automatically expands to fit the time that's available, so you have to be very careful to set and abide by deliverables.

DeletedUser971

Yes, new content and stuff., but finish what you started.

DeletedUser

I tell my customers (unrelated field) that there is the proper way to do things (which I do) and the cheap way to do it. If they do not want to pay to get it done right, then I am ok with that and walk away. My way of doing things gets a better result, but costs more, their decision.
I don't accept "close enough" in my work and thus do not expect that in others. In the outside world, people have different expectations and you simply need to understand why people do things.
I get "it is cheaper and that is my priority" and am fine with that IF THEY SAY THAT IS WHAT THEY ARE DOING.

Inno falls into the category of the guy that says they can deliver, then makes excuses when things fail. Don't make excuses, give reasons and fix it OR say why you are not going to fix it. (You paid for a $50 jobs, that is what you got)

I have had saturday night drinks, so feel free to point out any logic flaws...

DeletedUser

You paid for a $50 jobs, that is what you got
It would be too easy to point out that you're getting it for free.

jigsaw.jpg

I think it's more about how CLOSE we are to the development team. We're literally sitting on their shoulder, and playing with code WELL before all of the pieces have come together. That intimate relationship is both the curse and the blessing of an on-line browser based game.

For a hotfix, we're ACTUALLY playing code that didn't exist yesterday. For most of the code we're talking about a month or so, what with internal testing and the Beta, but we're most certainly putting together a jigsaw puzzle that still has a lot of missing pieces.