• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Elven architect - City planning tool, and more.

DeletedUser3

Hi Konniver :)

Thank you so much for taking the time to create and to share your awesome "Elven architect" with our community! It's a very useful tool, and much appreciated as you can see :)

Looking forward to seeing what else you have planned :)

Konniver

Bard
Thank you, all. I'm glad you are finding it useful. I have already started toying around on some possible new tools. :)

If possible to add the feature to rotate the map it would surely make the life of players that view the game as me much easier, i would love to use this regularly then, as it really looks awesome. I use a similar tool for foe ( forgestats, don't know if you know of it), and I find it really helpful. But I always rotate the map there, so its probably my problem, not yours :)

The city planner now has the ability to rotate the map to the "other North", which can be found in the Settings menu.

I am familiar with ForgeStats, although never used it myself, but it did prompt me to make something similar.

DeletedUser487

This is brilliant! It would be good if the different street types had different colours in my opinion. I currently have a mixture of streets in my city and would like to be able to differentiate between them rather than all being grey. Apart from that love it! Congrats!

CrazyWizard

Shaman
I miss a storage area,
When you map is full, and you want to move stuff around, there is simply no place to do it, untill your map is full you can abuse expand button to create a buffer zone, but once you use the full map you're no longer able to.

DeletedUser1996

Thank you, all. I'm glad you are finding it useful. I have already started toying around on some possible new tools. :)

The city planner now has the ability to rotate the map to the "other North", which can be found in the Settings menu.

I am familiar with ForgeStats, although never used it myself, but it did prompt me to make something similar.

Awesome, thank you so much!

pertm

Seeker
Nice I did like forgestats city planner for FoE and was wishing there was something similar for elvenar. So far I have been using excel but that is not the best tool for this

DeletedUser1925

Nice I did like forgestats city planner for FoE and was wishing there was something similar for elvenar. So far I have been using excel but that is not the best tool for this
This tool is way better. Because is simpler.

CrazyWizard

Shaman
It still has a few flaws but give time to the developer and let it mature.
The only thing I really dont like about it is that it's an online and not an offline tool.

pertm

Seeker
I do hope the save function gets better than what it is now with that really long string. I would guess it has all infor about every building. On forgestats it is a link that is a lot shorter.

Konniver

Bard
The only thing I really dont like about it is that it's an online and not an offline tool.

It most definitely will remain an online-only website. Part of the reason I chose to make this site was to experiment with some relatively new web technologies.

I do hope the save function gets better than what it is now with that really long string. I would guess it has all infor about every building. On forgestats it is a link that is a lot shorter.

ForgeStats offers server-side saving, whilst Elven Architect offers only client-side saving (for now at least). You may find that the Browser Storage tab on the Save function offers a more convenient way for you to save.

pertm

Seeker
It might be an idea to remove the confirm screen for selling. It is annoying if I am going to remove a building to change it with another level of same building. Also it might be better to call it remove rather than sell.

Konniver

Bard
I chose 'Sell' as that is what it is called in-game.

As for the confirm screen, you can turn that off in the settings menu.

rfp44pL.png

DeletedUser330

This would have been good, but I can't get it to work.

I can get into the city planner, and then put in all my expansions. But when I click on the build function, I can choose the building size in the drop down, but cannot actually place any buildings.

Konniver

Bard
It seems some users were having problems with the build menu in IE/Edge browsers. This is now fixed.

When reporting bugs, please let me know which OS & Browser you are using (a private message is fine).

Last edited:

Konniver

Bard
Some news from the Elven Architect ...

Most work on the city planner has been about refactoring code to allow the introduciton of some new features (now and upcoming).
  • Right-clicking (or CTRL + clicking for Mac users) on an expansion or building now brings up its context menu, allowing certain actions to be performed without having to change the current mode. New features include being able to copy a building or change its level.

UT1AK3W.png
    ZuZO2bk.png

• To differentiate between streets from different ages, a show street tiers option has been added to the Settings menu.

EdbSW0W.png

• Browser storage has now been made the default save method. Copy / paste can still be accessed from the tab on the Save / Load popup.

Last edited:

CrazyWizard

Shaman
Hi Konniver,

Tomorrow the Orcs and Goblins will be officially introduced on beta.
Any idea when we can start experimenting with it by using your tool?

We will need/see some mayor city overhauls so your tool would be awesome.

Konniver

Bard
Hi CrazyWizard,

I won't make it a habit of announcing features before they are ready, but I have been toying with a version switcher on the city planner for that very reason.

No promises that it'll be introduced or when. In the mean-time, only buildings available on the live version will be used.

Konniver

Bard
An update from the Elven Architect:

Version 1.9 has been released on live game servers, which has had the following effect on the city planner:
  • The ancient wonders Watchtower Ruins and Thrones of the High Men have been added to the build menu.
  • The report sidebar will start to include ranking points awarded by ancient wonders.
    (I'm currently working on trying to include the bonus from Thrones of the High Men)
  • When choosing your race, it is now possible to choose the target game version, which includes beta.
    (Although, I cannot guarantee it'll always be up-to-date)

cfZ2TUS.png

(The default version will always be the live game version)
And a tiny bugfix:
  • The report sidebar now shows correct icons when choosing the Elven race.