• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Version 1.8

DeletedUser3

The update should be coming very soon madzix - not much longer to wait :)

Jixel

Spellcaster
When is the wiki going to get updated with the info about the new Ancient Wonders (and the info about levels 11-15 of the old Ancient Wonders)?

... seconded !
And of course ... Fairy units ? I know they're not in 1.8 because it's already on Beta, and still no Fairy units.
But now we have a new Guest race on the horizon, and still don't have the Fairy units. It's getting really frustrating ...

DeletedUser971

thank you for fixing the visit province button in tournaments. Also like the new province screen and the points system for building upgrades. so, useful things.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Same old same old, bring out new stuff (although I don't know if the new stuff is broken..) and leave the old broken stuff <shrug>

pertm

Seeker
When fighting in tournament it now is harder to see if I have lost troops or not since the bar showing troops survived does not go across when I have not lost any.

Deleted User - 106219

When fighting in tournament it now is harder to see if I have lost troops or not since the bar showing troops survived does not go across when I have not lost any.
This MIGHT get fixed in version 1.9, accoridng to the release notes for it:
Unit bars in the new Victory Screen were not always indicating the amount of lost units correctly, which has now been fixed
We'll see when we get version 1.9 in a couple of weeks.

DeletedUser1996

... seconded !
And of course ... Fairy units ? I know they're not in 1.8 because it's already on Beta, and still no Fairy units.
But now we have a new Guest race on the horizon, and still don't have the Fairy units. It's getting really frustrating ...

Timon has said in the live chat that the fairy units won't be released until after the next guest race.

DeletedUser971

Timon has said in the live chat that the fairy units won't be released until after the next guest race.

is that after the following race or once the next race is here.

Last edited by a moderator:

Jixel

Spellcaster

Whaaaaaat ?!? :mad::mad::(

Something has clearly gone very wrong in their development or design process, because how on earth can they deliver techs saying "coming soon" in March and fail to deliver them for build after build after build and now say that they won't arrive until ... when? July ? August ?!?

... and the best/worst bit is, I'm fully expecting to be disappointed in the actual usefulness of these units, I'm sure they'll be "balanced" to not actually be any better than the existing units and won't cover the areas that need boosting in encounters in ring 10 and beyond ... *sigh*

DeletedUser1974

When visiting a players city, the players rank is not showing correctly. It is showing my rank and not theirs.

Deleted User - 106219

When visiting a players city, the players rank is not showing correctly. It is showing my rank and not theirs.
Fixed in version 1.9, according to the release notes for it:
Visiting another player shows their rank again, instead of your own
I doubt we'll get a fix for this bug before version 1.9... but won't complain if I'm proven wrong.

DeletedUser415

Thanks madzix.
If this correct, it's fairly disappointing, I was looking forward to some new fighting units soon, as this feature has been dormant for some time now. Had a small space left, started to build merc camp, had it to level 2 in hopes that the fairy units would be released in the next couple updates (silly me to think such a thing would happen). Why would they even put it in faeries chapter then?
Oh well, in light of this, sold it so I can use the space for something useful. Glad I didn't waste anymore time upgrading the camp further.
Guess I'll rebuild it up the road, whenever they decide to quit adding wonders and going back on the tech tree all the time.

DeletedUser3

Dear all,

Just a quick update regarding those Fairy units some of you have mentioned here and elsewhere... During the development of the Fairy units some technical difficulties were encountered. The reason for that is that the fairy units are planned to fly (and therefore to be able to move over obstacles). Current units can’t do that. Development of that feature has taken more time than expected, so the release of the fairy units had to be postponed. We are sorry about this as we are aware that many players would like to use them in their battles.

DeletedUser971

are there any other spec's on the fairy units that you can give us.

DeletedUser971

got double production out of a 3h production cycle, have not been able to reproduce again. trying hard to get it to do it again.