• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Version 1.5 - Tournaments!

DeletedUser1353

problem is...if the tournament starts right after they implement the update we will automatically lose valuable hours if not days to unlock the technology *40kp*...so how will someone be able to finish the tournament....unless you BUY the kp with diamonds eh

I don't think it's such a big deal that the first Tournament will be almost impossible to complete for players who doesn't want to spend diamonds, It's just the first week - there will be many more tournamtents to come, and as far as I have understood, the rewards isn't that gamebreaking so you're not missing too much. :)

DeletedUser1749

My splash says 1.52 but I don't see any tournament. Maybe not all worlds?

Oops, need to research it.

DeletedUser1683

Following past experiences, what's the point of giving feedback?

Or are you saying you will 1. listen and 2. do anything about it?

So you should have planned for the introduction to be somewhat unfair? I get we had warning, but come on... a simple fix of making the first tournament 10 days would be cool?

Do you feel you're expecting to much? lol

Edited by: Zanyah - 2016-05-11
Reason: merged consecutive posts

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser958

Reached the third province but it wont let me fight here, says my tournament squadsize is zero so effectively I can't select troops.

Is this a bug?

DeletedUser971

still have dwarf optional quests in fairies, 'Visiting the Tavern' is one of them.

DeletedUser1388

As I understand, you will depend of the interaction with the neighbors you have discovered? is that right? Cause if that is the fact, it is very unfair when 23 of the neighbors have been deleted :)
on the other hand, I like that more action comes to this game :) very nice improovement !!

DeletedUser649

As an exercise in fostering neighbourly support the tournament idea is a complete failure as many of us have few (in my case 6 out of well over 150 neighbours) and in some cases no active neighbours, when will the powers that be recognise this and start to consolidate the active players, rather than keep leaving us in great areas of inactive/dead accounts and unoccupied provinces.

DeletedUser

As an exercise in fostering neighbourly support the tournament idea is a complete failure as many of us have few (in my case 6 out of well over 150 neighbours) and in some cases no active neighbours, when will the powers that be recognise this and start to consolidate the active players, rather than keep leaving us in great areas of inactive/dead accounts and unoccupied provinces.

That sounds like excellent feedback that I am SURE the devs will take on board.

DeletedUser649

Further to my last comment - as someone who is sad enough to find this sort of thing - just over 21,000 'players' have scored 50 points or less and of these nearly 10,000 have yet to score at all. This does not include the empty provinces which must surely be of a similar number.
If something is not done about this shortage of truely active neighbours, this excellent tournaments idea will go the way of the useful and highly regarded as the Magic Academy.:rolleyes:

DeletedUser

Further to my last comment - as someone who is sad enough to find this sort of thing - just over 21,000 'players' have scored 50 points or less and of these nearly 10,000 have yet to score at all. This does not include the empty provinces which must surely be of a similar number.
If something is not done about this shortage of truely active neighbours, this excellent tournaments idea will go the way of the useful and highly regarded as the Magic Academy.:rolleyes:

oday otnay aysay adbay hingstay boutaay hetay agicmay cademyaay!
(Pig latin)

do not say bad things about the magic academy

Edited: Zanyah - 2016-05-13
Reason: 'Foreign language'

Note: since it is rather funny I added a spoiler with the translation ;)

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser3

Our development team are aware that many players have problems with inactive neighbours and empty city spots nearby them, and the impact this has on Tournaments. They have been working for some time on various possible solutions to these connected issues, and had hoped to be able to implement one or more prior to the introduction of Tournaments, but unfortunately this was not possible, due to the complexity of the issues. We hope to see one or more of their solutions in testing on our beta server in the not too distant future :)

DeletedUser1749

Perhaps the main reason for so many abandoned villages is there is nothing to do. If I were to be focused entirely on building a city, I would have long periods of time waiting to produce goods to buy provinces to acquire expansions. Unless you want to spend $$$. And with limited trading partners because of the expansive wasteland around me I would have to join a good Fellowship or produce some of the unboosted goods myself, which takes space.

At least with the combat system, I can recruit units for coins and supplies which are easy to produce. And then conquer provinces and obtain expansions. It still takes a while but I don't think its as slow as farming. Now if there were an optional PvP, and I say entirely voluntary and non-obtrusive, then that could provide an additional mechanism to expand your city. And it would attract the average game player who is looking for something to blow up or shoot at. I think Inno was trying to present a kinder gentler strategy game, but that appeals to a very limited market.

Right now the only collaborative thing in this game is going around daily and touching every Fellowship members village.

DeletedUser

On Winyandor, I am the only person participating in tournaments in my neighborhood. Making this neighborhood-dependent causes a significant imbalance. It's impossible for a single participant to reach any checkpoint beyond the first one on their own. I do not think features that put some players at disadvantages comparative to others should be introduced in a rush, and I'm not even specifically referring to myself since at least I'm not at the edge of the map, like some players are. On a more positive note, I welcome a feature that gives us something else to do.

DeletedUser

Perhaps the main reason for so many abandoned villages is there is nothing to do. If I were to be focused entirely on building a city, I would have long periods of time waiting to produce goods to buy provinces to acquire expansions. Unless you want to spend $$$. And with limited trading partners because of the expansive wasteland around me I would have to join a good Fellowship or produce some of the unboosted goods myself, which takes space.

At least with the combat system, I can recruit units for coins and supplies which are easy to produce. And then conquer provinces and obtain expansions. It still takes a while but I don't think its as slow as farming. Now if there were an optional PvP, and I say entirely voluntary and non-obtrusive, then that could provide an additional mechanism to expand your city. And it would attract the average game player who is looking for something to blow up or shoot at. I think Inno was trying to present a kinder gentler strategy game, but that appeals to a very limited market.

Right now the only collaborative thing in this game is going around daily and touching every Fellowship members village.

Part of the issue is that the combat is crazy hard to understand, not the mechanics, which are explained pretty well, but where your troops end up on the screen. Perhaps if it became logical, more people would want to battle, more people would stay for longer and the new feature might actually work as intended? Tournaments are pretty broken right now just like the MA...

DeletedUser1749

Part of the issue is that the combat is crazy hard to understand, not the mechanics, which are explained pretty well, but where your troops end up on the screen. Perhaps if it became logical, more people would want to battle, more people would stay for longer and the new feature might actually work as intended? Tournaments are pretty broken right now just like the MA...

Actually, I think the combat system is pretty good. I'm still learning which unit is best against the opponent's units. My only objection with the combat system is sometimes there are so many obstruction to movement that my slow but strong Treants never make it into battle. They have to navigate around things and only move 3 spaces at a time. By then my Sword Dancers have taken the brunt of it. Also because the battle field is so small sometimes units can't even move because of obstructions.

DeletedUser1739

Our development team are aware that many players have problems with inactive neighbours and empty city spots nearby them, and the impact this has on Tournaments. They have been working for some time on various possible solutions to these connected issues, and had hoped to be able to implement one or more prior to the introduction of Tournaments, but unfortunately this was not possible, due to the complexity of the issues. We hope to see one or more of their solutions in testing on our beta server in the not too distant future :)

why do they release stuff then that they still need to work on?same with mercenary camp and drone rider...unlocked it weeks ago but I can't use them...I would have preferred an improved quest system,both declinable and non declinable, rather than this tournament thingy which IMO is a mess

EDIT to add
I checked the beta forum and it seems that the next update won't include drone rider and mage blossom either