• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Magic Academy. Place your vote!!!

• Thread starter DeletedUser1683
  • Start date

Do you want to keep the Magic Academy?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

DeletedUser1683

Whether you love it or hate it, wouldn't it be nice just this once to be able to give your vote?

Please pass a link to this poll in your Fellowship mail so that as many players as possible get a chance to give their opinions.

Thank you,
Penjara

DeletedUser

I've been browsing through the forum, reading page after page of people begging Elvenar to get rid of it, and if not get rid of it, at least make it smaller and removable. Did you really need to post this poll?

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser1683

I've been browsing through the forum, reading page after page of people begging Elvenar to get rid of it, and if not get rid of it, at least make it smaller and removable. Did you really need to post this poll?

Yes, I feel I did or I wouldn't have done so! :)

6 votes to 1 against keeping the Academy. I think I've made my point.

I notice you've voted against keeping it, too, thank you!

90% so far. I think that makes our feelings known.

Unfortunately I have heard that some of my FS members have been unable to vote due to problems with the login system on the forums, but I think you can guess which way they plan to vote!

Please don't forget to vote! :)

Rating for Elvenar ....

And if you would like to express your opinion elsewhere ...

http://newrpg.com/browser-games/elvenar/

Thanks x

DeletedUser417

Penjara, you will be begging for a Spell Academy when you're in the Fairy Chapter :p

DeletedUser1033

You will need a big lot of the supplies and goodies in the Dwarven Chapter and even more in the Fairy Chapter. So you will be pleased to get the spells on your workshops and factories when you get to those Chapters ;)

DeletedUser1683

Penjara, you will be begging for a Spell Academy when you're in the Fairy Chapter :p

I don't think so, becasue I'll be using the space it would have taken up for something that is useful. It seems tbat, for whatever reason, most people seem to agree with me.

You will need a big lot of the supplies and goodies in the Dwarven Chapter and even more in the Fairy Chapter. So you will be pleased to get the spells on your workshops and factories when you get to those Chapters ;)

I don't think so, becasue I'll be using the space it would have taken up for something that is useful. It seems tbat, for whatever reason, most people seem to agree with me.

DeletedUser

I don't know if everyone is being given the link or if it is just random, but I just logged in and was given an official link to an official poll being conducted by Elvenar. The meat of the poll is entirely about the Magic Academy. Penjara, it is hard to believe that you didn't push this, so no matter what the couple of sycophants defending the Academy say, know that you are at least making the Elvenar team think.

Narquelion, I hear what your saying, but I have a different viewpoint. Rather than doubling my production for a single building with a spell, I can double the production of that same building by building another one. That other building I build will take less space than the 25-square magic academy regardless of what level it is. And the increase is permanent--permanent! Not only that, but it keeps my choices wide open, I can put whatever building I like in that space, or none at all. And for lower-level players, that space will do more than double production because they can fit more than one building in it. Since they are sticking the Academy to people from the first chapter, and a relative few players are as advanced as you, I think consideration should be more weighted upon the ones who are not so advanced. But even for the advanced, you have more option without it. In a game where little can be done in less time than 3-hourly, and you need to look ahead weeks or more in advance to avoid snags, I'm far more about the long-game than quick and temporary boosts.

DeletedUser

I am sure the MA does get more useful later one. That's why they added it after all. I mean, obviously they'll design the game around that concept. In dwarves we suddenly need ludicrous amounts of supplies, in fairies goods. So we NEED tha MA. However, taking forever to produce 1 spell to boost 1 manufactory still seems in my admittedly non-scientific opinion, inferior to using the space in a permanently useful fashion, even if it would involve removing some buildings and replacing them with others. Elvenar could have made fellowships have more of a purpose by pooling relics for extra boosts, and even adding other features to fellowships that increase culture or supplies yield, for instance. Possibly based on factors other than player score so as to not put fellowships that admit lower level players at a disadvantage. Currently fellowships have no point to them beyond trading and visits, and their rankings are meaningless as they are based only on accumulated player score. Another topic of course, but what I'm saying is that the alleged usefulness of the academy could have been achieved in other ways, and it's obvious the game will be constructed to make us think we need it. It is a feature I use because I built it, but given the choice, I would neither have built it, nor desired to use it.

DeletedUser416

Not true at all, in my Elven city I am deep into Fairies chapter and I still don't want to build MA at all !!!

Again, not true. My Human city is at the end of Dwaren chapter and, what a surprise, I don't want MA eather !!

I am stuck in both sities on that mandatory quest to build it. But, the point is very simple: devs must give their players more space and multiple choices to support different playstyles, bcs that is the only way they will keep players interested in Elvenar.

DeletedUser1766

Hi,

I'm half way through the Dwarves and haven't built the MA and have no plans to either, the space it takes up can be used in better ways - similar to the ancient wonders but that's another discussion :)

Deleted User - 13667

I would say letting the spells be casted at fellowship level.

But the spell should be more durable say 7 days. This would get the fellowship to communicate more on how they should go about bringing the fellowship to the next level.

DeletedUser1683

68% against.

I'd say that that is conclusive.

Inno?

Thanks to everyone who voted.

Let's hope we get the feedback Inno promised soon. Three weeks does seem a very long time to wait!

DeletedUser971

watch the May video, it here to stay but they promise improvements.

DeletedUser1683

Thanks, Mike, I'll look at that later.

Strange that the support team haven't mentioned that here, don't you think? Improvements, just a DELETE option!

DeletedUser971

I built the silly thing, but being a magic thing I thought I would see how magic it was and not put it near any roads. has this red bouncy thing above it now.

DeletedUser1683

I built the silly thing, but being a magic thing I thought I would see how magic it was and not put it near any roads. has this red bouncy thing above it now.

Good thinking. That will at least save some of the space it wastes. Thanks.

DeletedUser1720

I seem to have missed the vote but I vote to remove. Its pretty pointless and it takes up a huge amount of valuable space. On the subject of space, cant an option be put in to move the grid square at a later date if you mess up. Ive ended up with a situation where Im going to have a line of squares between two grids that I cant access...ever. Also the option to buy or win a grid would be amazing

The major improvement they could add to it is
a. the option to remove
b. a much smaller base so at least if its obligatory it wont take up a whole grid

If its going to become important then fair enough, still it should be smaller, there is no need for it to take up so much space

CrazyWizard

Shaman
I like to vote for neither, I think the building itself is rubbish, but thats my personal opinion that many of us share.
My problem aint in the fact I want it removed from the game, so I cant vote for removel.

My problem is mainly that I dont want to build it, unless I can sack it as well. also the space is way way way to big for a building like that.

there telling us that they will solve it by improving the academy, I just wonder how they will possibly be able to improve it in a way that I would like it. I honoustly dont see a way that fits into the rest of the game for me to ever like it.

Maybe if the provision spell goed to 1000% and the next race askes for 4 times the amount of hammers that was required for fairies, which was already bordering the insane. then maybe it becomes usefull at least for a short while.