• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Version 0.35

DeletedUser1539

For me, Magic Academy should be placed in the 3rd chapter (titled: Ascending Magic) because every players' city is just getting started and growing slowly. We gather relics for each quest required in the early stage of tech tree which are most basic building block of the city. After finishing the basic then go advance with learning magic and other advancement from the tech tree. Well just saying my thought for this issue. :)

Deleted User - 13667

the battle encounter turntable is still not fixed.
Units with damage bonus have a tendency to damage more often in the lower 25% of damage range, even if it is within range, the frequency is too high.

DeletedUser240

Improvements_EN[1].png

• Academy building do [sic] not cost relics anymore [emphasis added]

By the by, is there any chance that those of us who had constructed the Magic Academy previous to this hotfix will receive a refund of our twelve spent boosted relics?:oops:

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser289

Agreed, we should not be penalised for having built it already.

DeletedUser

Be careful what you ask for. Right now, in Beta, there are some new spell chests associated with the Advanced Scouting technologies.

By your logic, the folks who have ALREADY completed those technologies, following the existent rules, would not get any "free" spells.

DeletedUser

• The error that ended the session due to going into "standby or power-saving mode" should not appear as often as it did anymore
I am finding this is happening even more since the update - rather than less frequently as described in the changelog
if i change to look at a different tab (to look at the forum, wiki, or a ticket reponse, or do not click on anything in my city for more than a short period, i get the message and have to refresh the web page. sometimes i find i need to close the window completely and reload from the home page. I empty my cache daily, and use a separate browser (Chrome) for playing Elvenar.

DeletedUser1316

• The error that ended the session due to going into "standby or power-saving mode" should not appear as often as it did anymore
I am finding this is happening even more since the update - rather than less frequently as described in the changelog
if i change to look at a different tab (to look at the forum, wiki, or a ticket reponse, or do not click on anything in my city for more than a short period, i get the message and have to refresh the web page. sometimes i find i need to close the window completely and reload from the home page. I empty my cache daily, and use a separate browser (Chrome) for playing Elvenar.

I did see that you reported this right after the update. Are you still experiencing problems after the hotfix that was implemented earlier in the week to?

DeletedUser

I did see that you reported this right after the update. Are you still experiencing problems after the hotfix that was implemented earlier in the week to?
yes - the hotfix made no improvement to me at all in this respect

Tonton-des-bois

Illusionist
I think the new tool over the barracks is really an improvment because we can select let's say, a quest about a building upgrade for the night that will complete by itself during the night And, at morning, we can select the 'make 500 troops' quest and just after we click the barracks for completing it with the troops we also build during the night...

DeletedUser1655

Hi, I built the Magic Academy early in the game. Having read lots of the posts by players further on who find it useless and want to delete it , I have actually found it very useful for boosting supply production. I think the upgrades to the building releasing a new slot and decreasing spell production time is not great. You can make roughly a spell a day so stacking them if your returning to play even briefly each day seems pretty redundant, its ok if you only play 2-3 times per week. To me the spells should increase in power with more levels of the academy. Supplies maybe go from 10hr duration to 11 at lvl 2, neighbourly help from 5% to 10%. The neighbourly help spell would work far better if 1 casting aided all your buildings with help, the bonus on 1 building at 5% at early levels accounts for only say 20 culture on the whispering trees, and even then only when someone has helped them which lasts for just 8 hrs. Unlocking a new spell each tier would be good, spells to boost combat toughness or attack, rapid scouting or enchanting an opponent rather than paying a fee for a relic might be nice. It would be better if as a permanent building you did not have to use diamonds to get to lvl 3, I imagine very few players will do this. I think if you had several upgrades each costing more but making your spells more powerful, players would find this far better, especially advanced players who currently have no use for it at all. It would be nice to see the building change and become more and more elaborate also. I think having it early on in the tech tree is fine, using spells correctly can help you press on with building rather than sitting waiting for supplies to build up.