• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Version 0.35

DeletedUser227

What can be said that hasn't already been rehashed a dozen times on the beta forums? The concept is good, the execution is bad. Even considering the recent buffs to the spells, I will not be building an academy. Many people I know will also not be building one. It is frustrating for us to wait nearly five months for this content.

Even if the spells were incredibly powerful and gave us things in line with what we wanted (cut down scouting time), it would still not be the breath of fresh air this game needs. The players are hungry for REAL content; we need the next guest race as soon as possible before we starve. This game WILL die if you make us wait much longer. Many of the active players have already left for other games. How many more are you willing to lose before you wake up?

DeletedUser

I've also already stated my opinion on this but will do so again :p

* I have no room in any of my 3 towns for this academy
* I do not wish to waste relics on spells as they are needed for AW and too difficult to obtain. Having AW use only non boosted relics and the academy goods per se would have made more sense in my opinion. Boosted relics already had a purpose and didn't need to be given a new one that negates their primary use.
* I'm also somewhat peeved at being rewound on the tech tree by being forced to waste days on yet another tech that has no relevance to me

All in all, at this rate I will end up playing another game. I don't think updates that seem to serve no purpose other than to slow people down on a game that's already very slow is good game design. There's nothing wrong with the concept of slowing people down per se, but not simply by giving them nothing to do besides being diverted by something they don't even think is useful. Another really weird thing are the dwarven AW. What's the actual point in them once the tech tree is finished anyway? Surely they would fulfill more of a purpose if they were unlocked at the *beginning* of the dwarven chapter. Advanced players are stuck doing nothing besides upgrading AW they have no use for as they have nothing to do besides stockpile goods for a rainy day or complete 7/8 battles in provinces that take forever to scout in anticipation of the next races AW which they will only be able to build at the end of the chapter where they again will be pointless? XD

DeletedUser417

Well, and yet another 2 weeks at least with the mail glitch and the Session Time Out "should not appear as often as it did anymore" so it's still not gone. Not happy at all about those two non-fixes...

Deleted User - 13667

The battles still need fixing. Unless you want to indicate that players units are intentionally doing damage in the lower 25% range most of the time with the bonus effects.
The turntable not in sync with the current unit in turn

Doubt there would be space for more buildings given the constraints.

DeletedUser643

ok ... 3 issues with latest update.
- The need to click the barracks after troops are done is bad.
- The troop type icons are ugly compared to the old ones. Why did they change?
- notification bug is back. After going to other screens and back to city view the old notification number reappears.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

I have no super ideas as to how to fix a game that more and more appears to be being driven into the ground. I am amazed that in the release notes there is not even a decent explanation re what spells are or do instead a lame please refer to a tv commercial in order to find out. maybe I am daft but surely the whole point of a thread to explain updates should actually contain easy to refer to information. Perhaps that's too simple or I am looking in the wrong place? It is such a pity that all the effort in the design of this game has gone into making buildings look pretty as all the rest seems to have been stolen or borrowed from other games already in existence. Even more of a shame is that since all those short cuts have been taken by borrowing from other games that time has not been better spent actually deciding what the end game is meant to be. Instead there seems to be a desperate grasping at straws with no actual thought placed on content. Worst of all is reading the forum a lot of very good suggestions have been put forward by players all of whom appear to have a far better grasp of what is required than the alleged designers. No disrespect intended tot he mods who are doing a good job of covering for designers who appear to missing in action.

DeletedUser1316

I have no super ideas as to how to fix a game that more and more appears to be being driven into the ground. I am amazed that in the release notes there is not even a decent explanation re what spells are or do instead a lame please refer to a tv commercial in order to find out. maybe I am daft but surely the whole point of a thread to explain updates should actually contain easy to refer to information. Perhaps that's too simple or I am looking in the wrong place? It is such a pity that all the effort in the design of this game has gone into making buildings look pretty as all the rest seems to have been stolen or borrowed from other games already in existence. Even more of a shame is that since all those short cuts have been taken by borrowing from other games that time has not been better spent actually deciding what the end game is meant to be. Instead there seems to be a desperate grasping at straws with no actual thought placed on content. Worst of all is reading the forum a lot of very good suggestions have been put forward by players all of whom appear to have a far better grasp of what is required than the alleged designers. No disrespect intended tot he mods who are doing a good job of covering for designers who appear to missing in action.

Hi chaos -

Thank you for your feedback! I apologize about the lack of directions for spells in the thread, as the thread was primarily intended to the let the community know what would be in the update we cannot elaborate on each point. Please know that you're always more than welcome to ask on the forum, submit a support ticket, or visit our wiki for additional information.

I have included the link to the Magic Academy above for you to look over. Should you have additional questions, please post in the questions section or submit a support ticket. We will be more than happy to help!

DeletedUser857

I like the idea of the academy and using spells to increase production, can see it being very useful once a few spells have been stacked up. Interested to see what it will be like in-game. I do have concerns however about how I will fit the academy into my city, like a couple of people have posted above. Unless a building storage option is made available, as discussed in other forums, I would have to sell buildings to be able to add the academy, or spend a lot of time trying to create a lot more space in my city. Sadly it my be a while before I can test out spells. Further tips/suggestions about this would be much appreciated.

DeletedUser227

I like the idea of the academy and using spells to increase production, can see it being very useful once a few spells have been stacked up. Interested to see what it will be like in-game. I do have concerns however about how I will fit the academy into my city, like a couple of people have posted above. Unless a building storage option is made available, as discussed in other forums, I would have to sell buildings to be able to add the academy, or spend a lot of time trying to create a lot more space in my city. Sadly it my be a while before I can test out spells. Further tips/suggestions about this would be much appreciated.
Here's a tip: Don't build one. Don't even research it. Spend your KP and your space elsewhere. They give no points towards ranking. They give negligible bonuses that can be obtained otherwise. The academy is not worth putting in your city. You cannot even boost guest race manufactories.

DeletedUser

I appreciate your response was to Cognos86 but thank you Kerykeion as that would appear to be a very good summing up of what would appear to all intense purposes be a wasted building and opportunity,

DeletedUser3

I am amazed that in the release notes there is not even a decent explanation re what spells are or do instead a lame please refer to a tv commercial in order to find out. maybe I am daft but surely the whole point of a thread to explain updates should actually contain easy to refer to information. Perhaps that's too simple or I am looking in the wrong place?

Thank you for your feedback chaos greco! Aider has already linked to the Magic Academy page on our wiki, however you may also find the Spells page a useful source of information. I will also add these two links to the Spells announcement. My apologies for not doing so earlier.

DeletedUser227

And with this update comes a 25% price increase for diamonds! Glad I've stopped buying diamonds for months now and won't be likely to do so any time soon, if ever again. Thank you for kicking us while we're down Innogames, you sure know how to maintain morale!

DeletedUser240

On the Magic Academy & Spells:

I personally am more in support of (read: will research and build) this recent development than the proceeding one of Ancient Wonders. Precisely because they provide a use for my formerly useless surplus of non-boosted relics, while leaving alone the boosted relics to fulfill the purpose for which I collected them: increasing my production of the corresponding boosted goods. As many here have opined previously, perhaps this should have been the way the AW's worked in the first place. :rolleyes:

On the 'click to collect' implemented for the Barracks:

Really? More clicking? OK then...o_O

DeletedUser

Really wish I'd done some reading before rushing into researching and building the magic academy. It's huge, and it takes 16 hours to craft a spell that lasts 2 hours on a single workshop... And now apparently I can't even sell it... What a waste of an entire expansion. Please fix it so this building can be sold asap.

DeletedUser614

Not pleased about having to click barracks to "collect" troops, sorry guys but that is such an annoying feature. I'm guessing there's going to be some troop related spell to come which will make this necessary, but still, ugh. Also not keen on the new troop icons, but thats just icons and we'll get used to them in time, I guess :eek:

Whilst its interesting to see new content - and those of us just a little passed halfway may still, just, have space to fit this in - I can only sympathise with others that what you've offered has sadly missed the mark. Whilst I'm not as far into the game as some of the other, more seasoned, players, I figured the enchantment aspect is what I'd be buying into once I got AW up and running, but it seems no. So this just seems to be something else for us to be frustrated with as we burn through countless more relics to try and achieve anything.

But, do tell, why upgrades have to make notifications bug out so dramatically? I guess thanks for giving me added interest in having to trawl through all 9 pages of notifications every time i try to find what happened today - really, why does it affect date order so wildly? - then have to scroll through all 9 pages 3 times to clear the badge. In addition to this, we must rinse-and-repeat every time we leave the city and come back, as happened at last upgrade. Elvenar, the office edition, perhaps. Like a typical office meeting, no real resolution or content, but plenty more red tape o_O

DeletedUser

Without having the faculties to figure this out mathematically, I'm actually wondering if building a manufactory and/or culture in the space required by the academy doesn't provide better bonuses?

DeletedUser3

Hey folks! Thanks for all your feedback so far! It has all been passed on to the development team, especially the requests for a fix for the notifications issue. Please do keep the feedback coming :)

DeletedUser702

Placed that building in my city ( foolish!)
Because of luck of space I had to delete and went back
from 15 level to 30... It doesn't really matter at my stage
as I'm at the end of tech and space a long time ago!
Spending my time collecting and saving my money not
buying diamonds! Have this strange feeling this game
will be ending soon! Somebody said Inno's got good devs?
Looks like to me they left the building some time ago...sorry!