• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

[Feedback] New Year Countdown Event

Deleted User - 13667

Besides, making the quiz in-game does not mean having to create tons of unnecessary graphics. Focusing on the main point to allow most players to participate. The quiz itself could still remain in English. The current route to forum if you were to do so in the game would require you to click on the little gear icon on the bottom right, click on the ? icon. Wait for the entire screen to blur out and load up 2 more pictures where you have to click yet again for the forums.

It would be easier to reduce such graphics and perhaps allow the programmers to free up themselves to have more time to do the main elements of the game. Making lots of graphics and sprites do not seem all that important compared to the gameplay

DeletedUser

I can imagine sifting through the answers is an incredible pain. Perhaps next time, assuming the devs still have not implemented the in-game option, it would make sense to just use a system where you select one of x answers, and the computer instantly spits out whether it is right and you cannot access it after the time is up. Not sure if such things exist in the forum per se but I'm sure there are pre-programmed versions out there or that it's less work for someone to write a script than doing all this manually. Of course, this would exclude opinion or creative questions, but I assume everyone just gets a point by default for those anyway.

DeletedUser1279

Hey folks,
Thanks for the enjoyable event. I'm a patient person, sitting quietly waiting for the results (but hopping on the inside like a kid waiting for Christmas morning). I just want to add my gratitude for your obviously hard work putting this out. Please excuse those who cannot sit on their anxiety for results. The vast (but silent) majority thank you. Please don't regret your efforts.

DeletedUser

Hi paloma,

the current winners haven't been announced yet. The staff is still working hard on verifying each thread created by the contestants. Be sure to check back in the coming days and keep an eye out, as there might be an announcement coming soon. :)

DeletedUser1316

I enjoyed this event very much, but were the winners names posted?

Hi paloma -

We are glad that you enjoyed the competition! We are eagerly planning for future competitions. :)

As Valerius stated, the winners haven't been announced, yet. Please keep an eye on the announcements section of the forum for updates regarding prizes and winners. ;)

Tonton-des-bois

Illusionist
... or how to transform prizes into sur-prizes... :p

Courage, fellows ! Even the infinite road of despair has pitstops somewhere...

Last edited:

DeletedUser1316

Hi Humans & Elves -

We have just posted the New Year Countdown Event - Questions and Answers for you all to review at your convenience. At the bottom of the thread, you will also find prizes with a corresponding number of total correct answers.

Please review the three posts in that thread and if you have any questions; please feel free to post here, send a PM to a team member, or contact support and mark it as 'forum'.

King Regards,

Your Elvenar Team

DeletedUser1145

Anyone know what or when the results of the new year event will be posted. It seems to have gone very quiet.

DeletedUser1316

Hi Osiris -

The questions and answers as well as the prizes have been posted here for you to review at your convenience. A list of players who won the prizes will be posted in the coming days.

DeletedUser

Thanks for that. The very first question has me confused. It asks how much extra population a level 3 Elf residence provides. Not being an Elf player I had to resort to the wiki and when I looked up an elf lvl 3 residence under the column Additional Population (hover mouse over two people icon) it clearly states 5. Yet the answer is 3

Attachments

• Q1 query.GIF
    Q1 query.GIF
    48.7 KB · Views: 87

DeletedUser1316

The first answer should be 5 instead of 3, mate. Check this out.

Thanks for that. The very first question has me confused. It asks how much extra population a level 3 Elf residence provides. Not being an Elf player I had to resort to the wiki and when I looked up an elf lvl 3 residence under the column Additional Population (hover mouse over two people icon) it clearly states 5. Yet the answer is 3

Grr. I knew I was bound to make a mistake somewhere in there while typing that up. :p

The answer to question one is indeed, 5! :)

Thanks to both of you for catching that and sorry!

DeletedUser1145

Anyone know what the results for the New Year Event were. Did anyone win anything or is my player ranking 3059 to low to be considered?

DeletedUser622

I do have an issue with the answer for day 16, As of the time of this post, how many days has it been since Elvenar International opened?
The answer given is 202 + or - 1 day. The following is quoted from the website:
"We would like to thank everyone of you, our Community, for helping us test the game here on Beta and making it possible to launch our International and German versions today!

Muf-Muf,May 27, 2015"

May 27 - 31 = 5 inclusive
June = 30
July = 31
August = 31
September = 30
October = 31
November = 30
December = 16 by the day count of the question.
Total = 5+30+31+31+30+31+30+16 = 204 days

Are you not including the first day?