• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

[Feedback] New Year Countdown Event

DeletedUser

The event is running for the whole of December with 31 questions in total. Therefore the 31st of December will be the last day that a question is posted. You should have at least 24 hours to post your answer, so depending on when the 31st question is posted the event may end on the 1st January.

P.S.: Nearly tied there Madena! :D

DeletedUser814

Hello phoenixmoon,

The final day of the New Year Countdown Event is Thursday 31st December 2015. However, you will have 24 hours from the time that the post is made on that day to complete your final day's entry. :)

I wanted to make you win ;)

Deleted User - 13667

I think Posting the questions at different times of the day with results of having more than 1 Q&A per day is not a good idea. There will be misses due to oversight

DeletedUser

I think Posting the questions at different times of the day with results of having more than 1 Q&A per day is not a good idea. There will be misses due to oversight

Really agree with this. Thought I'd missed yesterdays as there was nothing, then yesterday's was there when I logged on this morning.

DeletedUser277

Really agree with this. Thought I'd missed yesterdays as there was nothing, then yesterday's was there when I logged on this morning.

Are you aware that you can set up the forum to send you an email whenever a new post in any given thread is added? I have generally used that to find out very quickly when new questions were added.

Deleted User - 13667

Does not change the fact the tasks were given at odd hours. Cant spend hours waiting on it nor say to my boss or clients, "Hold on, I have to play this game on a forum"

DeletedUser1316

Hi s5carrot -

Thank you for letting us know your feedback. As stated before, this is an international community and we tried our best to post the questions during different times of the day in order to make it fair for everyone. The posts are removed from sight after twenty-four hours, allowing the community to see ONLY the active questions.

We do appreciate you voicing your concern about this though, and will take it into consideration for future competitions. :)

- Aider

Deleted User - 13667

Aider,

you would have to get Innogame programmers to make this mini-game in-game above all other "considerations". Just like all the other epic fail features added

*Pops in pinches of salt* GULP

DeletedUser

If this competition were to appear in game, as s5carrot says it would have to be organised and designed by the game developers at Innogames, and as such would then appear on all the different language servers. this would take their time away from designing and refining the main elements of the game.
As it is, this forum based competition was designed and run by the admin and support team (most of whom are volunteers) on the English International server. They have provided those who wish to participate with a fun, interesting and varied series of tasks and questions with the promise of some prizes, in addition to continuing to provide a high level of ingame support and run the forums here. I know it involved a lot of extra work for several members of the team.
Running a competition in this way has encouraged more players to look at, register on and use the game forum, as well as exploring the detailed game information available on the wiki and - in my fellowship at least - increased communication between players.
I'd like to say a big thank you to all those involved in running this competition for us players - i think you did a great job!

DeletedUser877

when are the results coming out for this

i could do with something to cheer the post christmas blues

Tonton-des-bois

Illusionist
where will we find the results ?

DeletedUser66

I'm sure they are still being worked on. I imagine there were a lot of players that entered into this competition and it may take some time before all of the entries have been processed.

DeletedUser814

As the New Year Countdown Event has finished, we are working hard checking answers and calculating total scores. Once this is done, the full list of questions and answers, in addition to total scores will be posted and prizes will be awarded. We hope it will not take us any more than a few days for this process to be completed. :)

DeletedUser1009

I suppose my only comment is that whether the prizes are boring, exciting, existent or imaginary, I would just like to know what is going on with the end of this event. Seems like a bit of an unenthusiastic finish. Did you just make us jump through those hoops for fun or are you guys having trouble figuring out what to do now?
It would be just lovely if you guys actually told us what was going on instead of leaving us thinking we just wasted our time getting played.

DeletedUser

As it is, this forum based competition was designed and run by the admin and support team (most of whom are volunteers) on the English International server. They have provided those who wish to participate with a fun, interesting and varied series of tasks and questions with the promise of some prizes, in addition to continuing to provide a high level of ingame support and run the forums here. I know it involved a lot of extra work for several members of the team.
So the event was created and run solely by the mostly voluntary EN team? Now that I wasn't aware of. Always thought the questions would have come from the devs, but then again, why would they need to? It certainly was great fun and I enjoyed the riddles. Thanks and good job to the lot of you! :)

Now... As for the impatient... Well... While writing this Narquelion gave a more decent reply than I might have. :rolleyes:

Tonton-des-bois

Illusionist
Please ! I'm sure the team does its best between their human ressource and the great task it is to evaluate lots of answers (some not jut right or bad like 'snowy Elvenar images') but what finnigan says (perhaps a frantic way) reflect also my own thoughts (and I suppose all players ones) : what ever the prizes are, we are on burning charcoals waiting the results ! We don't need the perfect answer to the Destiny of the Universe, we just deserve to know what our december brainwork has produced...:rolleyes:

Regards,

DeletedUser1316

I suppose my only comment is that whether the prizes are boring, exciting, existent or imaginary, I would just like to know what is going on with the end of this event. Seems like a bit of an unenthusiastic finish. Did you just make us jump through those hoops for fun or are you guys having trouble figuring out what to do now?
It would be just lovely if you guys actually told us what was going on instead of leaving us thinking we just wasted our time getting played.

Hi finnigan -

Please rest assured that everything was thought out before the competition started. Please also note the HUGE jump in players coming onto the forum to submit answers during the duration of the 31 day event. Compiling all those answers from each player and determining whether the answer was incorrect, correct, or the out of time is quite tedious. I will remind you that we are working on getting everything finalized as quickly as possible, so that we may begin handing out prizes to all you lucky players! :)

As more updates come available, a member of the team will either post them here or post an announcement under the announcements section of the forum. Please keep an eye out during the next few days! ;)

If anyone has any further questions, feel free to message a team member or post them here.