• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Closed | Archived Hungry Treasure

JBento

Adventurer
The Hungry Treasure, when placed, doesn't display the mana/hour like every other mana building, which is a problem when comparing buildings. It also doesn't have an early collection (again, like every other mana building), but I don't know if that one's intended.

kimkimkim

Summoner
The Hungry Treasure, when placed, doesn't display the mana/hour like every other mana building, which is a problem when comparing buildings. It also doesn't have an early collection (again, like every other mana building), but I don't know if that one's intended.
just to clarify....not every mana building displays mana per hour i.e. mystical lake....and not every mana building has an early collect i.e mystical lake......therefore hungry treasure shows as intended Screenshot (6).png

JBento

Adventurer
just to clarify....not every mana building displays mana per hour i.e. mystical lake....and not every mana building has an early collect i.e mystical lake......therefore hungry treasure shows as intendedView attachment 7026
Except if you hover over the Hungry Treasure's icon in the Daily Exclusive it DOES show mana per hour.

Jake65

Sage
Rule of thumb: the magical mana hut is always better in terms of mana/hour/square. No need to calculate ;)
I've crunched the numbers for orc production but never for Mana.
Is there a building that's an outright winner for Mana?

kimkimkim

Summoner
Except if you hover over the Hungry Treasure's icon in the Daily Exclusive it DOES show mana per hour.
there are many of buildings that will show mana per hour when looking at the info for it before it is placed......now if you would like to see that info when the item is placed in your city, then this would be more of a suggestion for Inno to fix, not a bug

Herodite

Forum mod extraordinaire
Elvenar Team
My understanding is that it will show an Hourly Collection amount IF there is an early collect option on the Building. If there is no early collect option, it will only show the 24hr/48hr collection amount :)

With regards to it showing an Hourly Amount in the Daily Prize Window? No idea! But given it's a 24hr collection it's not really relevant so again, not sure why it's there :D

It's showing the correct collection amount when placed though so that's good!!

Kind Regards

Herodite.

C-Nymph

Necromancer
My understanding is that it will show an Hourly Collection amount IF there is an early collect option on the Building. If there is no early collect option, it will only show the 24hr/48hr collection amount :)
I thought this wasn't true, so I checked all buildings in my 55 pages long inventory and was indeed not able to find one that doesn't show the per hour amount... However, that's only the overview when the building is still in your inventory. When placed, the per hour amount is indeed not shown when there is no early collect option.

But given it's a 24hr collection it's not really relevant so again, not sure why it's there :D
It's actually very relevant if you care about having an efficient city instead of just a pretty one with nice graphics.
I'd never place a beautiful building with terrible efficiency but will accept a building that looks like shit if it's efficient and provides a good amount of the reqource that I am looking for. You have to look at resource/hour/square to see if it's efficient or not.

Last edited:

Herodite

Forum mod extraordinaire
Elvenar Team
I thought this wasn't true, so I checked all buildings in my 55 pages long inventory and was indeed not able to find one that doesn't show the per hour amount... However, that's only the overview when the building is still in your inventory. When placed, the per hour amount is indeed not shown when there is no early collect option.

It's actually very relevant if you care about having an efficient city instead of just a pretty one with nice graphics.
I'd never place a beautiful building with terrible efficiency but will accept a building that looks like shit if it's efficient and provides a good amount of the reqource that I am looking for. You have to look at resource/hour/square to see if it's efficient or not.

My Apologies. I shall go back to the shadows... :D

Last edited:

JBento

Adventurer
This. Mana/hour becomes important when I'm deciding if I'm replacing 3 Grapevines with a Hungry Treasure (the answer is "very much yes").

Silly Bubbles

Necromancer
This. Mana/hour becomes important when I'm deciding if I'm replacing 3 Grapevines with a Hungry Treasure (the answer is "very much yes").

If you care about accuracy, the only way to calculate efficiency per square is to do it yourself and include paths as well. The bigger the building and the narrower the side that needs path, the less the path affects the efficiency. Smaller building's efficiency gets affected quite a bit by the size of paths.

kimkimkim

Summoner
In my humble opinion and possibly other people's.......buildings you win from events are way better (as in pop, cult., mana, seeds, unurium and so on and so on) than the buildings you purchase from the build menu

JBento

Adventurer
If you care about accuracy, the only way to calculate efficiency per square is to do it yourself and include paths as well. The bigger the building and the narrower the side that needs path, the less the path affects the efficiency. Smaller building's efficiency gets affected quite a bit by the size of paths.
Fortunately, the 3 Grapevines sets and the HT would use the same road access, so I didn't have to account for it this time, but you're right, ofc.

In my humble opinion and possibly other people's.......buildings you win from events are way better (as in pop, cult., mana, seeds, unurium and so on and so on) than the buildings you purchase from the build menu
This is true, but only if they produce the same ratio of resources. But HT produces culture far, far, FAR above what 3 Grapevines do, so mana-wise I needed to check (a Halflings-chapter HT is actually WORSE than Grapevines at mana, but I've JUST moved to Elementals, and that makes HT better).