• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

New round of Fellowship Adventures

Hekata

Artisan
Collecting coin sack is as fun as watching paint dry... :confused:

Jackluyt

Shaman
It is a common complaint that for some fellowships, the paths are too easy and they end in the bottomless pit on day three, after which it is dead boring. While smaller groups struggle to finish one path on every stage.

Here is my solution: Have three paths, but one 'easy', one 'medium' and one 'hard'. Then there would be something in each stage for every group - you could do just the easy one, or all three.
And for each completed waypoint on any path, the fellowship would get one 'artifact fragment' that could be made into the artifact of one's choice, once one had collected enough over a period of time, including as spire and tournament and event prizes and daily log-in bonus etc. etc.
'Artifact fragments' would allow us to forge an artifact for the building we choose, rather than having a lot of junk artifacts thrown at us in the hope that perhaps we might be able to use one of them.

I wish they would consider this; it would make everyone happy!

309844860_10221557780034483_5433611805510059878_n.jpg

Last edited:

Jake65

Sage
Have three paths, but one 'easy', one 'medium' and one 'hard'.
I think this would work for everyone. I'd suggest 'scaled' rewards at the end of each stage so the hard path gives greater rewards than the easy path. More proportionate return on effort but even the easy route gives the basic rewards.

Sir Derf

Adept
1) There already are 'easy', 'medium' and 'hard' paths. In fact, there are two sets of paths, depending on the focus of a Fellowship.

The Blue Path requires way more Farmers, Blacksmiths, Necklaces and Statues, and way fewer Ghosts, Residues and Marbles.
The Yellow Path requires way more Ghosts, Residues and Marbles, and way fewer Farmers, Blacksmiths, Necklaces and Statues.
The Green Path has middle-of-the-road requirements for all of the above.

A Fellowship that focuses on production and trading would find Ghosts, Residues and Marbles difficult and Farmers, Blacksmiths, Necklaces and Statues easier to make, and thus would find Blue easy, Green harder and Yellow difficult.

A Fellowship that focused on Tourney and Spire would find Farmers, Blacksmiths, Necklaces and Statues difficult and Ghosts, Residues and Marbles easier to make, and thus would find Yellow easy, Green harder and Blue difficult.

And Fellowships that are mixed or average would find Green easier than either of the other two routes.

2) Even within a given strategy, there exists a sequence of 'basic' to 'expert' goals, namely the many stages between completing a single route and completing the entire map.

Having said the above, I think there are basically two different complaints; smaller Fellowships might find completing a single route on each map too difficult, while larger Fellowships might find completing all the routes on each map too easy (and the resultant rewards not commensurate).

My suggestions:

1) There should be different rewards available that scale for different amounts of effort. Completing a Path should give something useful. Completing additional Waypoints, Segments or Paths should give you additional useful rewards. Completing a complete Map should give something significantly more than completing a single path.

2) It appears that we need additional, harder routes to the top (with additional rewards). Here's a thought. First, put the Green, middle-of-the-road path in the middle of the map. Second, you can only start up one color segment at a time; after completing a segment, the other badges required to complete the other segments increase.

Once a badge is placed in B1, Y1 or G1 (let's say G1), you are locked out of the other Paths (let's say Blue and Yellow) until the completion of the Crossover Waypoint. Once you complete the Crossover Waypoint (G2), the badges required for B1 and Y1 increase. Once a badge is placed in B3, Y3 or G3 (let's say G3), you are locked out of the other Paths (let's say Blue and Yellow) until the completion of the Crossover Waypoint. Once you complete the Crossover Waypoint (G5), the badges required for B3, B4, Y3 nd Y4 increase. Once a badge is placed on B6, G6 or Y6 (let's say G6), you are locked out of the other Paths (let's say Blue and Yellow) until you complete the 8th Waypoint (G8). Once you complete the 8th Waypoint (G8), the badges required for B6, B7, B8, Y6, Y7 and Y8 are increased. The same thing could happen when working on the second segment in each path; you are locked out of the third segment, and when completed, the badges needed for the third path would increase.

Hekata

Artisan
they end in the bottomless pit on day three, after which it is dead boring.
Not everyone feels that way. In my FS there are a lot of players who prefer the pits to the maps. We like to be able to complete all paths as fast as we can and get to the pits :)

schadenfreude

Enchanter
@Herodite @anonglitch @Silmaril
Can we please get a changed requirement for the Bracelet badge? Something in the range of "produce a good amount of marble, steel, planks, and/or any sentient or ascended goods produced in the same manufactory".
I get that it's only Tier 1, because otherwise it would just be too easy, but can we please do Tier 1 across the spectrum? Most of us don't have a lot of Tier 1 manufactories out for the actual Basic Goods anymore and mostly have Tier 1 manufactories out to make Sentient and/or Ascended Goods. Would really appreciate it if the FA would evolve with the rest of the game requirements :)
They have adjusted some event quests to accomodate this. Here's to hoping.
More proportionate return on effort but even the easy route gives the basic rewards.
Haha, FAs are notoriously known to NOT reward proportionally to effort. Destroyed half your city but came in 5th? Wah wah. Here's a building you'll probably never put down for your efforts.
Not everyone feels that way. In my FS there are a lot of players who prefer the pits to the maps. We like to be able to complete all paths as fast as we can and get to the pits :)
Agreed. There are some FS that are in the Pit after Day 1.

Hekata

Artisan
Haha, FAs are notoriously known to NOT reward proportionally to effort. Destroyed half your city but came in 5th? Wah wah. Here's a building you'll probably never put down for your efforts.
The only thing in FA that is somewhat proportional to effort are the perks points, but then some FS don't even need those.

Jake65

Sage
@Sir Derf thanks for the path colour explanation, I've never looked at the different colours in terms of 'favouring' different styles of city (production versus tournament) but it makes sense.
This certainly helps for future planning.

SkyRider99

Mentor
The Blue Path requires way more Farmers, Blacksmiths, Necklaces and Statues, and way fewer Ghosts, Residues and Marbles.
The Yellow Path requires way more Ghosts, Residues and Marbles, and way fewer Farmers, Blacksmiths, Necklaces and Statues.
The Green Path has middle-of-the-road requirements for all of the above.
You left Sack-of-Coins off your lists @Sir Derf. Would that make all paths mega-tough these days? :)

Thanks also for your breakdown of the FA paths. My FS generally finds the Green path easiest. That fits with your analysis.

Sir Derf

Adept
Technically, I left out Wonders, Guards and Sacks, all of which are way more on the Yellow Path, way less on the Blue Path and middle-of-the-road on the Green Path. Until recently, I hadn't considered them all that critical. Sacks of late are more difficult, but I'm not sure how to classify them vis-à-vis production/trading and Tourney/Spire.

Uh-oh. I used a non-English word. Even has one of those fancy artistic squiggles. This post might be suspect...

Herodite

Forum mod extraordinaire
Elvenar Team
Technically, I left out Wonders, Guards and Sacks, all of which are way more on the Yellow Path, way less on the Blue Path and middle-of-the-road on the Green Path. Until recently, I hadn't considered them all that critical. Sacks of late are more difficult, but I'm not sure how to classify them vis-à-vis production/trading and Tourney/Spire.

Uh-oh. I used a non-English word. Even has one of those fancy artistic squiggles. This post might be suspect...

I've got my eye on you.....

Giraffi

Enchanter
You must look at the strengths of the various cities in your fs when you decide on which path, or paths, or twisted path you want to take. What works for one, may not work for another, be it just getting to all 3 flags for the reward or on the other side of the scale, to gain the max points for best final result.

Coins never may have been a problem for Sir Derf, but coins were a problem for the top teams even before the recent adjustments. I know, because I have seen it.

Sir Derf

Adept
Now, the world don't move to the beat of just one drum
What might be right for you, may not be right for some
It takes, Diff'rent Strokes
It takes, Diff'rent Strokes to move the world

Top Teams aren't picking and choosing between the three routes looking for the easiest single path. Coins weren't, and I think still aren't, all that difficult for Fellowships not looking to clear all the Maps.

Sir Derf

Adept
Apologies, wrote without thinking.

Top teams should, and probably are, picking and choosing between the three routes. Their criteria for judging the best route shouldn't be the same, and might not rank the paths in the same order. Non-competitive teams probably are optimizing badges-to-single-path-to-the-top, completely ignoring Tourney Points awarded for Waypoints, while the Pit is an afterthought, versus competitive teams probably are optimizing badges-to-Tourney-Points, considering all Waypoints and the Pit, regardless of if the yare redundant to producing a single path to the top.

SkyRider99

Mentor
Apologies, wrote without thinking.
Yeah, I have fallen foul of an innocent generalisation or two @Sir Derf. It used to be an accepted form of casual informal speech, in order to provide an example, or to set the scene for friendly discussion. Maybe I am remembering too many decades into the past. :)

Anyway, our FS is in the Top-100 atm and we definitely used the method you described. However, for Stage-3, we deliberately chose the 'easiest' path first before doubling down onto the remaining two paths. We should enter the Vortex of Despair sometime tomorrow, or later today. o_O

Silly Bubbles

Necromancer
Yeah, I have fallen foul of an innocent generalisation or two @Sir Derf. It used to be an accepted form of casual informal speech, in order to provide an example, or to set the scene for friendly discussion. Maybe I am remembering too many decades into the past. :)

Yep, it's much harder to be read and judged by thousands of people than just talking to people that we know.