• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Answered Set buildings - how many chapters before they lose value

finzles

Adventurer
I have won four of the set buildings for the Gateway Into the Past event. This is the first time I have won set buildings. It looks as though they could potentially replace at least two of my steel manufactories and at least one of my residences, because of the number of planks and marble the set buildings will produce. So at the moment, the set buildings are very powerful for me. But as I unlock more upgrades for residences and steel manufactories, The set buildings will become relatively less valuable. How quickly do these set buildings decrease in value to the point I would have to rebuild residence and steel manufactories I deleted to make space for the set buildings? Should I delete the residence and steal manufactories, or will that be a mistake?

I hope that makes sense. I am a fairly new player and this is only the second event I have played, so I still don’t really understand how they work and I’ve never been able to build a set of buildings like this before. They seem so powerful think it must be too good to be true. I think I am overlooking something.

Hekata

Artisan
I don't know in what chapter you are but in general all event buildings lose their value very fast in early chapters so most of them are not even worth placing. Usually sets are among the better event buildings and can be useful for at about 2 or 3 chapters before they need to either be removed or upgraded. (for most sets I recommend the upgrade option if you can get enough Royal Restoration spells.)
As for deleting manus and residences, the better option would be to teleport them into inventory (if you have teleport spells) and then bring them back when you need them. If you don't have teleports then rebuilding your manus doesn't take too long unlike residences and workshops.

However, it ultimately depends on how you play the game: how fast you got through chapters, how fast does you relic boost go up, how many expansions you place etc... There is not really a one option fit all answer. Some players prefer to rely on manus for all of their goods production, some reduce the numbers of manus to a minimum if they can get enough goods to get by with mostly event buildings, and then some, like me, have both a regular number of manus and also a lot of event buildings becasue they like to have a lot of goods in stock :)

finzles

Adventurer
Thank you Hekata.

I got a bit carried away with the event. Diamonds were spent. Lesson learned, diamonds do not need to be spent, the events last a long time. When I started playing Elvenar it was during the Lucky Fin event and it left me with the feeling that it’s really, really hard to get the big prizes. Enthusiasm of the newcomer I guess. Kinda embarrassed about that.
I don't know in what chapter you are but in general all event buildings lose their value very fast in early chapters so most of them are not even worth placing. Usually sets are among the better event buildings and can be useful for at about 2 or 3 chapters before they need to either be removed or upgraded. (for most sets I recommend the upgrade option if you can get enough Royal Restoration spells.)

Silly Bubbles

Necromancer
I got a bit carried away with the event. Diamonds were spent. Lesson learned, diamonds do not need to be spent, the events last a long time. When I started playing Elvenar it was during the Lucky Fin event and it left me with the feeling that it’s really, really hard to get the big prizes. Enthusiasm of the newcomer I guess. Kinda embarrassed about that.

I wouldn't be too hard on yourself. We've all done mistakes at the beginning and still do, there's a lot into this game and the constant learning makes it entertaining. :)

Sir Derf

Adept
I don't know in what chapter you are but in general all event buildings lose their value very fast in early chapters so most of them are not even worth placing.

It amounts to the same thing, but I would rephrase this as "...Normal buildings (Residences, Workshops, Manufactories) improve dramatically in the earlier chapters, so unimproved Event buildings lose their comparative value very fast in the early chapters."

I would then follow with "Of course, comparing unimproved Event buildings to improved Normal buildings is an unfair comparison. Event buildings can also be upgraded through the use of Royal Restoration Spells. Of course, of course, the acquisition of these spells are limited over time, and are harder to come by in early chapters, so the ability and utility of upgrading Event buildings to keep pace with the improvements of upgraded Normal buildings is yet another decision you must make as you progress through the game."

Jake65

Sage
Before you upgrade an event building, check what the new production will be. They mostly change with each upgrade.
If you're happy getting the current goods and don't 'need' the goods that will come with the upgrade then rather postpone the upgrade until the new goods will fit your requirements better. You can't reverse the upgrade :)
This is of course ignoring the population/culture/supplies boost you get with the upgrade.