• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Discrepancies in some fights...

DeletedUser501

Enchanter
Hi, what´s the logic and sense that a blossom mage of three stars (***) hits a brutal ancient orc (***) dealing him around 30,000 of damage and THEN another blossom mage (***) hits that same unit again causing him just the half of the damage, around 14k damage, not killing this enemy unit at the end and allowing it to hit my units? In this fight I just had, my Blossom mages were boosted with 4 MMMs, a 10th fire chicken and a 31th Dragon Abbey, that together give my mages a surplus power of +290%, and that always, in the case of blossom mages alone, kill those shady characters of ancient orcs with just 2 hits of those boosted blossom mages so...

Why did my blossom mages didn´t worked properly? Why the "blossom winds" effect of the blossom mage didn´t make the enemy even weaker?
In a normal fight, that second hit from that another blossom mage should have killed that ancient orc, or at least cause him a damage of almost the same that the first hit did (around 30,000), but it caused this unit just the half, like what happened with the effect of the blossom mage? Or what did even happened to the normal damage of my boosted mage?

If this is a bug, should Inno repay me some of the lost units? If not could you please explain me, anyone, what did happened here?

Cause this is one of many no-normal things I have found during all my time playing exclusively manual, since own orc strategists don´t applying their effect called "head hitter" (decreasing the enemy attack by 30%), own frogs don´t making any damage to some units, and a constant of own units don´t working as they should, but this time I really got pissed since this encounter had no friking logic at all, and if it does I would like somebody explaining this to me.

Captura de Pantalla 2022-02-09 a la(s) 22.12.33.png
Captura de Pantalla 2022-02-09 a la(s) 21.50.00.png

Do you have suffered weird things like these in your experience?

PD:
- I have no proof cause that happened very fast during the fight i was handling.
- It would be cool one could upload videoclips here to explain situations like this better.

Attachments

• Captura de Pantalla 2022-02-09 a la(s) 21.50.14.png
    Captura de Pantalla 2022-02-09 a la(s) 21.50.14.png
    204.6 KB · Views: 87

Far Reach

Conjurer
The unexpected low damage is something which I've experienced many times. I assumed that it was just Inno introducing some randomness into fights (the possibility of an attack to give an epic fail).

It could also be a bug though. I remember how defence reducing special abilities used to have an overpowered effect (in match-ups in which the attacked unit received a defensive bonus) until Inno fixed it last year. I'd suggest that you more precisely document the anomalies you've seen and raise them as potential bugs.

CrazyWizard

Shaman
If it's a bug we need to find out what the trigger is, so we can reproduce it.
Without a reproduction step is kinda impossible for them to fix it as they have no clue how to trigger it and see what went wrong so they can fix it.

DeletedUser501

Enchanter
The unexpected low damage is something which I've experienced many times. I assumed that it was just Inno introducing some randomness into fights (the possibility of an attack to give an epic fail).

I´m aware of those so annoying and sudden low damage attacks of my units, one can deal with them and these can make the game more interesting to play. The situation with the fight I have just described is totally a more isolated case ( not that isolated since I have found many crazy things that I have not reported by idleness from my part), since the discrepancy is 50% less damage and with an activated effect of my blossom princess over the enemy unit, being this effect a supposedly health debilitador of the enemy unit.

It is very weird. Thanks for your comment though.

Last edited:

DeletedUser501

Enchanter
If it's a bug we need to find out what the trigger is, so we can reproduce it.
Without a reproduction step is kinda impossible for them to fix it as they have no clue how to trigger it and see what went wrong so they can fix it.

That is hard to catch, starting with the fact we´re not recording all and every single fight, those crazy things occurs suddenly.

CrazyWizard

Shaman
That is hard to catch, starting with the fact we´re not recording all and every single fight, those crazy things occurs suddenly.
And thats why those things almost never get resolved, if 1 of 1000 battles goes wonky, then it will be very hard to catch.
I am aware that for example combat buildings sometimes stop working when you are fighting manually. and this will not be fixed untill you reboot your client.

But is happens so rarely I havent found a trigger.

For developers also it's like looking for a needle in a haystack. they probebly could log everything, then spend hundreds of hours scouring the data and maybe find it. but thats way to much time for a rare bug.

DeletedUser501

Enchanter
And thats why those things almost never get resolved, if 1 of 1000 battles goes wonky, then it will be very hard to catch.
I am aware that for example combat buildings sometimes stop working when you are fighting manually. and this will not be fixed untill you reboot your client.

But is happens so rarely I havent found a trigger.

For developers also it's like looking for a needle in a haystack. they probebly could log everything, then spend hundreds of hours scouring the data and maybe find it. but thats way to much time for a rare bug.
As I said above, this is a not that isolated case, I have found several discrepancies relating low damage in the attack of my units and/or their proper effects, the problem is, one can´t record them in time or just don´t have time to do it, but definetely these are not 1 of 1000, and more like 1 of 50.

SpaceCowboy

Soothsayer
So how do these numbers work anyway? Unless I'm reading this wrong, which is entirely possible, the mage does at most ~570 thousand damage, but the Orc has 11 million hit-points. I must be missing something, because that should never be 2 hits.

DeletedUser501

Enchanter
So how do these numbers work anyway? Unless I'm reading this wrong, which is entirely possible, the mage does at most ~570 thousand damage, but the Orc has 11 million hit-points. I must be missing something, because that should never be 2 hits.

The mechanics and logic about it I have to be sincere, I don´t know, the only thing I know is that in fact, my blossom mages with that boost of +290% have always killed those ancient orcs with two hits or at least almost kill them (with a very low HP).
In game, when I just clicked attack, my blossom mage makes a damage of around the 40% of the HP of the ancient orc, after that, if another blossom mage hits him, the damage is a little more than that or at least the same to 40%, but never less than that (that is what Im complaining right now).

Kerzone

Dreamer
I'm not 100% sure if i understand the combat mechanics completely, but obviously the health & damage of each unit will depend on how advanced your city is (chapter) and the number of modifiers that you have (AW & Troop specific modifiers), so i can only comment using the information i have at chapter 12.

If i look at the interaction between my Sword Acrobats (Light Melee) & Bud Sorceress (Mage)

My Sword Acrobats currently do between 50153 - 61298 damage per unit in the squad so with my current research i field 2229 units giving a total minimum damage of 111,791,037, vs my Bud Mage they do an additional 30% damage bringing the total damage for a 1st hit too 145,328,348.

my Bud Sorceress has 122k health per unit, so a total health of 271,938,000 so at a minimum damage my sword acrobat will kill 53% of the bud sorceress.

If you go the other way the bud sorceress will only kill 6% of the sword acrobats (1st attack only) however if the mage has also cast a modifier against the sword acrobat, so the next round the sword acrobat is attacking with 50% less attack (25 - 30k instead of 50k-60k) and defending with 20% less defense, so they will in theory do less total damage and take slightly more losses (8% instead of 6%)

This changes with each troop type, so if i was to swap my Sword acrobats with my sinister cerberus, then the base damage drops to between 46140 - 56394 per unit, but the bonus against the mages increases to 70%, so my Cerberus will then kill 64% on my bud mages (min damage) increasing to 79% at maximum damage.

As opposing squad sizes get larger, then the number of killed units (as a percentage) will reduce and so the number of times you get to a 2nd, 3rd, 4th round of fighting increases until your units are just overwhelmed by the opposition numbers, or caught in close range combat.