• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

The Forbidden Ruins

DeletedUser6472

So...is everyone going to end with missing pieces or are we spending diamonds to complete this thing?
My approximate calculations put me at 230 staffs, 30 short of the final set piece (if no extracurrency will be won). I must say that this event was very stingy on giving extra currency. I have mainly went for 23, 75 and 79 totems and have won so far 200 extra currency in one city and 350 in another, very disappointing. Also, no KP instant as daily prize in this event :(.

geordianna

Soothsayer
There are too many "prizes" between the set items and too few free scrolls. I've picked up all the scattered scrolls and only used the beacons that offer a chance of extra scrolls and I'm still way off the last piece. I think this one is designed to make people pay to win. Do Inno want old players to quit?

Silmaril

Community Manager
Elvenar Team
Gems of Knowledge are not a part of Elvenar or InnoGames, being a fan created site. It may be worthwhile contacting them direct on this @The Librarian as only they will be able to answer your question.

cwgiii

Shaman
I did see a post/message from one of the creators of GoK. If memory serves, they lost several of their key fellows that worked the web site. Unfortunately, it has not been updated in an optimally timely way since. I hope it does not simply stop as some other player created resources have done in the past.

MinervaOz

Enchanter
The moderator of the FB group posted that they wouldn't be able to get the info up on the website as the person who usually does it had been away. They're down to 1 person - from 3 - and it's too much work for them to handle. They've been looking for replacements but with no success as yet. I also hope they can manage to keep going, it's been a great resource.

Toursy

Alchemist
I don't really understand why the event has been planned like that, it's impossible without paying to get the final prize... and it's not like we're missing a little bit of scrolls... but we're missing quite a lot of them...

I thought Royal Prizes were already supposed to push to spend diamonds, if the prizes you added are not good enough to push players to pay for that option it doesn't mean you should get all the others players unhappy because the main set of the event can't be completed... all you'll get doing that, is players stopping to play at the event because anyway they can't complete it...

Other thing, it's indeed usually useless to spend extra diamonds once we get the whole set, because to get another set (or building level 10 for others event) it would require a very big amount of diamonds...and that's your fault... if you wish to see players spending more diamonds for extra scrolls you have the duty to reduce the costs to get a second set OR make sure they may get the artifacts in another way in the future and that bring us back to the idea of letting players being able to exchange any artifact for one of their choice at any time (even with a ratio of 2:1 would be good). Once again, this could bring a lot more goals for the player to play to the game (to play to event, Spire too and craft some artifacts in MA)... instead of some features like perks that didn't bring any diversity in players game because to get points you'll just have to do the usual things you were already doing anyway, just now you get points for it...

Last edited:

Sir Derf

Adept
It's been a while, but discussion/complaints that Events don't allow some/most/all players acquiring all set items (or enough Evolving Building Artifacts) has been a frequent topic for many years. And for way longer than the addition of the Royal Prize track.

schadenfreude

Enchanter
It's been a while, but discussion/complaints that Events don't allow some/most/all players acquiring all set items (or enough Evolving Building Artifacts) has been a frequent topic for many years. And for way longer than the addition of the Royal Prize track.
This. The Forbidden Ruins event isn’t the first time players are experiencing the drastic reduction in event currency. Yet, they’re gonna tell us in the Q&A that it’s possible to get all the set pieces and evolves for a building by regular play and doing all the quests. If they cut event currency, fine, but don’t pander to us with lies. Also, quite the lovely trend they are setting by going to town with their nerf guns. Now MA got nerfed with less diamond opportunities in the mystery object chest. We’re experiencing enough inflation in the real world. Thanks for bringing it to a fantasy game.

rock stream

Scholar
I could see right from the start " The FORBIDDEN Ruins" mission code name was $$$$. So I just relaxed collected the hundred of troops and coin instants I won at the price of boredom. I got a whole bunch of future spell fragments which there is no rush to cash in because the MA is now napping. Its worn right out:)
I actually like the degrading of events, magic academy, the uselessness of the perk system et al.
I'm just going with the flow of the game. Instead of trying to progress/rush down a useless research tree, take your time, wait for the next rule change that will punish you for some past action or enjoy the great graphics on the 20 or so new buildings we get per month.
The bright side is the early Ancient Wonders are still great as Inno hasn't decided to improve them for player enjoyment.
As Sir Derf implies this is historically how Inno improves player enjoyment.

Stephen1

Spellcaster
@schadenfreude it is possible to get the full set without using diamonds in my opinion. I only need another 9 staffs to complete the set and haven't spent any diamonds on currency. Between the remaining quests, login bonus and hourly drops I should get enough currency to finish the set.
I do agree that reducing the event currency has made the recent events harder to complete the set/evolving building. I think that if you finish all of the quests that you should be guaranteed to complete the set/evolving building with or without the ashen phoenix/stash outpost.

schadenfreude

Enchanter
@schadenfreude it is possible to get the full set without using diamonds in my opinion. I only need another 9 staffs to complete the set and haven't spent any diamonds on currency. Between the remaining quests, login bonus and hourly drops I should get enough currency to finish the set.
I do agree that reducing the event currency has made the recent events harder to complete the set/evolving building. I think that if you finish all of the quests that you should be guaranteed to complete the set/evolving building with or without the ashen phoenix/stash outpost.
Sure, but it’s a low percentage and prob has to do with your RNG luck winning bonus scrolls from beacons. They are tracking league numbers in the US forum and people in Silver can’t get the last piece. That means even the top 10% is struggling. Again, that is fine if that’s the direction they want to go with, but quit telling people the average Joe can just do the quests and get all the pieces or evolves, pretending like they haven’t been cutting event currency. Own up to what they’re doing with the currency nerfs or don’t mention it. Don’t feed us lies!

Sir Derf

Adept
Just to point out, there is a difference between saying average Joe can just do the quests and get all the pieces or evolves, and saying that the average Joe can just do the quests and will get all the pieces or evolves.

schadenfreude

Enchanter
Just to point out, there is a difference between saying average Joe can just do the quests and get all the pieces or evolves, and saying that the average Joe can just do the quests and will get all the pieces or evolves.
Well if we want to get into semantics, here's the Forbidden Ruins Q&A. Starting at minute 8:19 with a question about difficulty completing the set. The answer given was:

"Another thing is every time we design one of our events, we evaluate the difficulty to ensure that the players actively participating, completing the quests, doing the daily rewards, and collecting the Sorcerer's Knowledge that appear randomly around your city will be able to complete also the complete Grand Prize rotation. So it might seem a little bit more complicated in the beginning, but I can ensure that it's balanced to ensure that you can complete the whole event and get all the prizes."

He can ensure us that we can complete the whole Grand Prize rotation and get all the prizes! That sounds more like we WILL more than we CAN. I have actively participated, completed all quests, gotten my daily rewards, and collected all the SK that appear randomly around my city. I've picked the beacons with max efficiency for most movement with least scroll costs. I have not picked them willy nilly. So where are "all my prizes"? Again, feel free to make this all about a money grab. Just don't sell me lies! Or I suppose they have the right to sell us lies too, but that's not great for building trust with your customer base.

Sir Derf

Adept
"...will be able to complete..."
"...ensure that you can complete..."

Nope. Both are statements about potentiality, not inevitability. If you wish to read both of those as "will complete", well then you have misread them.

If the Magic Dragon Tamer is available as part of the questline reward, why is it given again in the Silver league and above?

Wouldn't it make sense to give the Sorcerers Feast to complete the set. I don't see how two Magic Dragon Tamer's would benefit a set.

Any ideas?

Thanks.